I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...

08 Nov 2012 13:14 #91 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, apparently some people have reading disabilities and can't process the information. It's like RMoney campaign ads--You figure if you repeat it, it might "take."

Or the Obama campaign ads?

Say it three times, and it must then be true?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2012 13:18 #92 by LadyJazzer

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, apparently some people have reading disabilities and can't process the information. It's like RMoney campaign ads--You figure if you repeat it, it might "take."

Or the Obama campaign ads?

Say it three times, and it must then be true?

Nah... They tried repeating that "Jeep was shipping ALL its production to China", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama was removing the work requirements for welfare", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama made an 'apology tour'", and it still didn't make it true... etc.

Obviously, it's not about making it "true"...It's about making sure you repeat it so that it can be read s-l-o-w-l-y by those with reading disabilities....

But thanks for playing.

08 Nov 2012 13:39 #93 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Nah... They tried repeating that "Jeep was shipping ALL its production to China", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama was removing the work requirements for welfare", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama made an 'apology tour'", and it still didn't make it true... etc.

Obviously, it's not about making it "true"...It's about making sure you repeat it so that it can be read s-l-o-w-l-y by those with reading disabilities....

But thanks for playing.

You're seriously going to claim that the Obama campaign didn't lie in some of their ads?

09 Nov 2012 12:18 #94 by Pony Soldier

FredHayek wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Congrats to President Obama. Maybe we can all move beyond the vitriol that has ruled this place for the last few months.

:lol: Deluded optomist...I imagine the GOP leaners are going to fight on here.

Well, optimism was all I had left. Too bad.

09 Nov 2012 13:34 #95 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote: Nah... They tried repeating that "Jeep was shipping ALL its production to China", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama was removing the work requirements for welfare", and it still didn't make it true. They tried repeating that "Obama made an 'apology tour'", and it still didn't make it true... etc.

But thanks for playing.

You're seriously going to claim that the Obama campaign didn't lie in some of their ads?

The post I had on here before got taken down, and for good reason. It was election night and I had WAAAAAY too many shots of risky whiskey. Apologies.

Aaaaanywho, I just wanted to say that Jeep WILL BE and IS shipping basically all production to China in the near to far future. It's a big company, it can't happen overnight. However, when it's all said and done, we'll probably be lucky to make the emblems for 'em. Chincs got the rest, as usual. Less regs and taxes over there, go figure.

09 Nov 2012 13:35 #96 by Raees

09 Nov 2012 13:39 #97 by Nobody that matters

Jekyll wrote:

But thanks for playing.

The post I had on here before got taken down, and for good reason. It was election night and I had WAAAAAY too many shots of risky whiskey. Apologies.

Aaaaanywho, I just wanted to say that Jeep WILL BE and IS shipping basically all production to China in the near to far future. It's a big company, it can't happen overnight. However, when it's all said and done, we'll probably be lucky to make the emblems for 'em. Chincs got the rest, as usual. Less regs and taxes over there, go figure.

"Jeep was shipping ALL its production to China"

The dispute is the "All". Jeep will manufacture vehicles to be sold in China there in China. They're keeping the existing manufacturing here. It's because transportation costs are rising. Manufacturing at the point of consumption is becoming more popular an option.

09 Nov 2012 15:35 #98 by Raees
These photos from Colbert gave me a laugh.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds