18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

01 Jan 2013 19:22 #251 by BadgerKustoms

ZHawke wrote: There is no "one size fits all" answer.

And that, is the correct, bare root statement and way of thinking that is necessary to address the issue.

This very country was founded on differences and similarities, all united under several documents.... but "all united" does not mean "all the same" and the sooner everyone realizes that the better. America's own citizens often forget that long after 1776 there were sometimes differences that varied state by state. Some of those differences actually lead to defining the distinct borders that shaped these states. It wasn't always water, mountains, or geographical features but differences of opinion sometimes called for a defining of borders to maintain peace. And that supports the "no one size" element of this. Each state should have to decide on what works for them, and then to break it down even smaller, each county, each school district, etc. until it filters down the the individual themselves.

1. If they are given the right to carry.... do they want to? If they don't, fine. But if you simply take away the right to begin with, it doesn't leave the flip-side element of that for the individual that would prefer to does it? People, (not specifically you Z), talk about wanting equality, then in a hypocritical turn announce they want to ban something.... where's the equality then?

2. A state decides by vote their individual carry laws and as that state's rights, shall not be infringed by the federal government. The best/worst (depending on opinion), of the above mentioned documents was such elements of allowing the state to perform in its own ways, so long as it doesn't violate basic individual rights. (Feel like I'm teaching history class again...and perhaps digressing)

Moving on:

ZHawke wrote: So has technology (improved, at least). That being said, what makes these tragedies so horrific, in my opinion, is the type of instrument(s) being used. It seems to be morphing.

And a ban on firearms will not prevent the morphing of these or any instruments. What will definitely morph if a ban is enacted is other materials being used in creative/destructive ways. We're utilizing instruments this very minute that hold the keys to the manufacture and orchestration of very deadly acts. Again we return to the people factor.

How do we preempt a possible catastrophe by reforming, correcting, or terminating individuals with such capability? To start, there needs to be a method of finding such people. How do we do that? I've got no logical answer for that one just yet. There is the possibility that some of the responsible persons that have committed such acts might very well pass a psych evaluation which might suggest there is a problem with psych evals. I don't know how to figure that one out. I've personally seen first hand how a seemingly normal individual you've known for years can one day just "flip" like a lightswitch and become someone completely different and dangerous. A pen passing through the flesh of the forearm is quite painful, but no one has banned pens and as far as I know Bic is still a large manufacturer of high-capacity ink pens.

Badger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2013 07:45 #252 by BearMtnHIB
All this talk about banning assault rifles- being propagated by the anti-gun lefties- by the leftist media- by all the soccer moms but especially by the left and the Democratic politicians....

What if it's all based on a lie? What if all this crap was just the media and anti-gun nuts who are so willing to throw our rights under the bus for any excuse- didn't even have an excuse to begin with.

What if all this crap about assault rifles was just a massive deception to support an anti-gun agenda?

Well- that part may be true!

News reports are now just starting to come out- that an assault rifle WASN'T EVEN USED at sandy hook. If it's true- Shame on the media for perpetuating a deception- an outright LIE on the American public to further their liberal agenda. Shame on every single leftie jumping to conclusions and willing to ban a gun that wasn't even involved in this shooting.

Time to pin all these traitors down for their despicable deceit- it's way past time to hold them all accountable.

http://visiontoamerica.com/13354/nbcs-pete-williams-reports-ar15-was-not-used-in-sandy-hook-massacre-only-handguns/
http://www.examiner.com/article/no-assault-rifle-found-at-sandy-hook-massacre

02 Jan 2013 08:15 #253 by LadyJazzer
Gee, two articles, one from a pro-gun/Second Amendment gun-nut site, and one in the Examiner from a gun-nut BLOG-post (The "Gainsville Conspiracy Examiner"? Really? :lol: ) ... Uh-huh...

Newtown shooter's guns: What we know

(CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.

Bushmaster AR-15 rifle

The primary weapon used in the attack was a "Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance [/u]. The rifle is a Bushmaster version of a widely made AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16 rifle used by the U.S. military. The original M-16 patent ran out years ago, and now the AR-15 is manufactured by several gunmakers. Unlike the military version, the AR-15 is a semiautomatic, firing one bullet per squeeze of the trigger. But like the M-16, ammunition is loaded through a magazine. In the school shooting, police say Lanza's rifle used numerous 30-round magazines.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connec ... index.html

Let us know when you have something besides self-serving crap from pro-gun wackos trying to point the finger ANYWHERE except at the ACTUAL GUN THAT DID THE KILLING.

P.S. Here's another one of Harold's "hard hitting" newsy blog-posts:

Secret Government Contrail Geoengineering Linked to Global Warming Cause

The CASE ORANGE REPORT provides conclusive evidence for a 20 year secret operation intended, in-part, for Climate Manipulation .

Wow, who knew?!?! "Secret Government [jet] contrails are linked to global warming..." (Harold also appears to be one of the John Birch-type nuts that thinks flouride-in-the-water-supply is a Communist plot...) :rofllol

But you're right about one thing--- "it's way past time to hold [these NRA wackos] all accountable."

02 Jan 2013 08:48 #254 by BadgerKustoms
Ordinarily I tend to have a lot of patience except when something like this keeps being repeated:

LadyJazzer wrote: the ACTUAL GUN THAT DID THE KILLING.

How difficult is it to realize that a PERSON pulled the trigger?!?!?!? That gun didn't jump up all by its lonesome and start cracking off rounds. To think so, not only pisses on standard logic and further supports various "mental illness", but it is possibly another reason why other countries think Americans are stupid.

Then when you start adding in quotes of funky contrails and such in an attempt at pointing the finger toward obvious sillyness, do you not realize that YOU'RE the one looking for these oddball links, and that the only connection we, the outside readers, have in common with them is that YOU posted them?

Yep, I get it now. Having a 'well-thought' debate with certain individuals is next to impossible. <sarcasm>Because we disagree on this particular aspect CLEARLY it means the following:

1. I'm a member of the tea-party, (even though they'd be more than happy to tell you otherwise.)
2. I'm a gun nut, (even though I really only have a few basics and don't find the practicality in full autos and don't own one.)
3. I'm in the NRA, (nope, the only thing I have in common with them is I support firearms rights. Aside from that, there are no other similarities.)
4. I'm against abortion, (which I'm definitely not, there's too many people on the planet.)
5. I'm an evangelical christian, (laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes, my people and beliefs were NOT of the damn sand.)
6. I'm a racist, (while friends of various backgrounds and ethnicites also laugh at you.)
</sarcasm>

When you're brave enough to step up to the plate of well-thought debates, let me know. Until then, keep pointing that finger at an opposition that could possibly include minds just open enough to hear you, but not willing to deal with this kind of stuff.

Badger

02 Jan 2013 08:59 #255 by LadyJazzer
Wow... You got all that from the fact that one of the sources presented by Bear as a "proof" that the gun used was "not the AR-15" turns out to be a Conspiracy-Nut/John-Birch wacko? I think this is called "projection."

Save your standard NRA-claptrap about "guns don't kill people--people kill people" for somebody who gives a sh*t... My post was in response to yet-another deflection about: "an assault rifle WASN'T EVEN USED at sandy hook"... Actually, YES, IT WAS...

When I choose to respond to one of your posts, I will usually quote you... (In this case, I did not because it was not your post.)...And I will let you know... (I did not.) Have a happy outrage.

(For the record, I support the right to own a gun too... There are an estimated 330 million guns in private hands... There are 4 million NRA members... You do the math...[Hint: That's about 1.2% of the gun-owners] I'm not an NRA member either, and I DO own a gun.) There are approximately 71% of those 4 million NRA members that think it's time to start doing something about gun-control. My math tells me that would be about 1,160,000 NRA member that DON'T think anything should be done. and about 2.84 MILLION that think there should.) Frankly, I don't give a damn what 1,160,000 extremists think about assault weapons.

02 Jan 2013 10:16 #256 by cydl

BadgerKustoms wrote: How difficult is it to realize that a PERSON pulled the trigger?!?!?!?

Apparently that is very difficult. I wonder if they also blame the jetliners for crashing into the towers on 9/11?

02 Jan 2013 10:38 #257 by Grady
At about time stamp 6:00 he takes an ordinary hunting rifle and converts it into something the anti gun folks and media would consider an assualt rifle. It's the same rifle just scary looking.
[youtube:12fadf20]
[/youtube:12fadf20]

02 Jan 2013 10:53 #258 by CinnamonGirl
Bulletproof clothing for kids

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/01/02/bulletproof0102130001-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg?0f5c31de35bf4ef88a50c2e35ee3bc4da4bf3083

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery ... =fbfanpage

02 Jan 2013 11:23 - 02 Jan 2013 11:56 #259 by LadyJazzer
Yes, to protect them from the wackos that break into schools WITH ASSAULT WEAPONS THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE. (Kinda useless against head-shots, wouldn't you say? I mean, if you're going to kill a 1st-grader, you should shoot them in their little heads, right? Then you get the "full splatter effect.")

02 Jan 2013 11:26 #260 by FredHayek

CinnamonGirl wrote: Bulletproof clothing for kids

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/01/02/bulletproof0102130001-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg?0f5c31de35bf4ef88a50c2e35ee3bc4da4bf3083

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery ... =fbfanpage

Sad thing? That clothing would only protect them against pistols, not rifles.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds