18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

09 Jan 2013 10:24 #291 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: So you really weren't talking about the world. And look at Mexico. the most restrictive gun laws in the western hemisphere, so taking the guns away worked so well for them, didn't it.

And LJ? Yahoo news on Gov. Cuomo, quite possibly the Dem nominee for 2016.

When you show me the PROOF of the words: 1) "confiscation"; and, 2) specifically "RIFLE" high-cap magazines (as opposed to just "high-cap magazines", you let us know. Until then.... :Snooze

Here's the proof that you're a liar: [url=http://www.google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.google.com[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2013 11:08 #292 by Raees
I can't believe people are actually BELIEVING stories that purport to name the presumed 2016 nominee for either party. Hilary was the presumed nominee for 2008 and for a time there Gingrich was the favored one for the Republicans in the last presidential race (along with Perry, Cain and the entire cabal).

09 Jan 2013 11:13 #293 by FredHayek
Sorry poltical junkie here, Chris Christie is exploring running too. And while favorites still have years to crash and burn like Hilary and Rudy Guiliani, you know endorsements are being courted and funds are being raised.

Gov Cuomo press conference today about what he wants to do with guns, per MSNBC.

:wave: Wonder how many armed guards the NY State Governor has?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2013 12:31 #294 by Jekyll

FredHayek wrote: Sorry poltical junkie here, Chris Christie is exploring running too. And while favorites still have years to crash and burn like Hilary and Rudy Guiliani, you know endorsements are being courted and funds are being raised.

Gov Cuomo press conference today about what he wants to do with guns, per MSNBC.

:wave: Wonder how many armed guards the NY State Governor has?

The guys giving him personal protection are most likely secret as hell (plain clothes, etc) as to not cause alarm and to be more effective than a uniformed officer, but they're around too. Just m.o.

10 Jan 2013 12:35 #295 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: So you really weren't talking about the world. And look at Mexico. the most restrictive gun laws in the western hemisphere, so taking the guns away worked so well for them, didn't it.

And LJ? Yahoo news on Gov. Cuomo, quite possibly the Dem nominee for 2016.

When you show me the PROOF of the words: 1) "confiscation"; and, 2) specifically "RIFLE" high-cap magazines (as opposed to just "high-cap magazines", you let us know. Until then.... :Snooze

Here's the proof that you're a liar: [url=http://www.google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.google.com[/url]

Even though we both hate each other, would you please look up Dianne Feinstein for criminetlies sakes?

10 Jan 2013 12:39 #296 by LadyJazzer
Fred can use my source to look up anything he wants...Since he is unwilling, and no doubt unable to look up anything else on his own.

10 Jan 2013 12:41 #297 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote: Fred can use my source to look up anything he wants...Since he is unwilling, and no doubt unable to look up anything else on his own.

So Dianne's proposed legislation holds no water?

10 Jan 2013 12:43 #298 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Fred can use my source to look up anything he wants...Since he is unwilling, and no doubt unable to look up anything else on his own.

Can I use unpaid bloggers like you do? Is HuffPo's ombudsman Wikipedia? :rofllol

And today 300 million guns in the hands of Americans didn't shoot anyone.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2013 12:43 #299 by LadyJazzer

Jekyll wrote:

You'd have to ask Fred... I guess if he wants us to know that, he can post a source.

10 Jan 2013 12:52 #300 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

You'd have to ask Fred... I guess if he wants us to know that, he can post a source.

But I'm not asking Fred. I'm actually pretty mellow today and wanting your take on her legislation. Here:

Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress
Stops sale of more than 100 assault weapons; protects gun owners by exempting more than 900 specific hunting and sporting weapons

Washington—Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004, announced on Sunday that she will introduce updated legislation early next year.

“On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds,” Feinstein said. “I am in the process of gathering support for the bill in the Senate and House.”

“I have been working with my staff for over a year on this legislation,” Feinstein added. “It will be carefully focused on the most dangerous guns that have killed so many people over the years while protecting the rights of gun owners by exempting hundreds of weapons that fall outside the bill’s scope. We must take these dangerous weapons of war off our streets.”

A Justice Department study found the Assault Weapons Ban was responsible for a 6.7 percent decline in total gun murders. However, since the 2004 expiration of the bill, assault weapons have been used in at least 459 incidents, resulting in 385 deaths and 455 injuries.

A summary of key provisions in the updated bill:

Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and
exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

So, it's not the entire bill, but key provisions. What's yer take LJ?

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds