18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

10 Jan 2013 12:57 #301 by LadyJazzer

Jekyll wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Fred can use my source to look up anything he wants...Since he is unwilling, and no doubt unable to look up anything else on his own.

So Dianne's proposed legislation holds no water?

You'd have to ask Fred... I guess if he wants us to know that, he can post a source.

But I'm not asking Fred.

And I'm not asking you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 13:05 #302 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Fred can use my source to look up anything he wants...Since he is unwilling, and no doubt unable to look up anything else on his own.

So Dianne's proposed legislation holds no water?

You'd have to ask Fred... I guess if he wants us to know that, he can post a source.

But I'm not asking Fred.

And I'm not asking you...

So what? Ohhhhh, cause you don't want to acknowledge Dianne, right? Wrong?
Edit: Oooooor, I throw off your leftist thinking? Really trying to stay mellow here.....

11 Jan 2013 00:46 #303 by Jekyll
Whatdya knoooow.....

11 Jan 2013 06:13 #304 by FredHayek
HuffPo hasn't given LJ their talking points on Senator F's proposed legislation yet. The headline will consist of the words " common sense and reasonable" before those unpaid bloggers even read it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2013 08:02 #305 by LadyJazzer

Jekyll wrote: Whatdya knoooow.....

If you want to clean up after Fred, wipe his nose, wipe his butt, and try to cover for his inability to backup the things he says with sources or proof, that's your problem.

I asked two specific questions of the wild, unsourced, garbage from Fred, and what you posted (with the article that Fred is either too lazy or too incompetent to look up for himself), answered neither one of them.

Have a nice day.

11 Jan 2013 13:18 #306 by Raees

11 Jan 2013 13:25 #307 by FredHayek
And there will be hundreds of people alive next Saturday because they did use firearms to defend themselves from ruffians. (Sorry, no glossy Facebook pic to cut and paste.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2013 13:37 #308 by Raees

11 Jan 2013 17:11 #309 by The Boss
Obviously many people have strong opinions on this topic.

I am curious if anyone has come across any peer reviewed social research on the restriction of gun access in partial ways like are being proposed or the background checks/mental health checks that indicate what kind of effect implementing such methods is likely to produce or has produced in other places, times or countries.

This is different than England restricted guns and now they have less gun murders. I am asking about ANY data on causality or alternative consequences (like increases in knife deaths or something).

Would be interesting. Just feeling that sensible (to reduce access to guns and expect less gun use) and practical (if you take away my gun, I will get hurt more) might BOTH be off.

This question assumes that this issue is going to be resolved based solely on the goal to reduce deaths, not considering liberties and some events that may unfold as a cost of leaving those liberties in place.

11 Jan 2013 20:02 #310 by akilina
More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics)
John R. Lott Jr. (Author)

Does allowing people to own or carry guns deter violent crime? Or does it simply cause more citizens to harm each other? Directly challenging common perceptions about gun control, legal scholar John Lott presents the most rigorously comprehensive data analysis ever done on crime statistics and right-to-carry laws. This timely and provocative work comes to the startling conclusion: more guns mean less crime. In this paperback edition, Lott has expanded the research through 1996, incorporating new data available from states that passed right-to-carry and other gun laws since the book's publication as well as new city-level statistics.

"Lott's pro-gun argument has to be examined on the merits, and its chief merit is lots of data. . . . If you still disagree with Lott, at least you will know what will be required to rebut a case that looks pretty near bulletproof."--Peter Coy, Business Week

"By providing strong empirical evidence that yet another liberal policy is a cause of the very evil it purports to cure, he has permanently changed the terms of debate on gun control. . . . Lott's book could hardly be more timely. . . . A model of the meticulous application of economics and statistics to law and policy."--John O. McGinnis, National Review

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Cr ... 0226493636

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds