The Lies!

02 Mar 2013 11:00 #11 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic The Lies!
I love this part: "I request that you please notify all of our employees about the importance of ignoring media reports". I think the media report were correct. The employees need to ignore what the pres said.

Who thinks the pres will make or release a statement that he "misspoke" and apologize?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2013 14:52 #12 by archer
Replied by archer on topic The Lies!

FredHayek wrote: Why we gave freedom to the press? To watch government but if they refuse to check out Obama's statements what good are they?

Who needs the press? We have you Fred, maybe you should go national.

02 Mar 2013 15:52 #13 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic The Lies!

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Why we gave freedom to the press? To watch government but if they refuse to check out Obama's statements what good are they?

"National" should already be on it.

02 Mar 2013 16:19 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Lies!

archer wrote:

Unpaid like the blotters the Huffington Post uses?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2013 16:38 #15 by archer

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote:

Unpaid like the blotters the Huffington Post uses?

Who would pay a blotter? Don't you buy those from Staples?

02 Mar 2013 16:43 #16 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic The Lies!

archer wrote:

Almost a whole page and a half, before this thread went personal. :rainbow"

02 Mar 2013 17:28 #17 by archer
OMG.......I am sooooo sorry.....I simply forgot that only conservatives are allowed to poke fun at liberals, liberals MUST tow the line here on the 285Bound conservative message board and never, ever, say a discouraging word about a conservative.

I thought it was only Bob's personal forum where liberals were discouraged from posting anything conservatives don't like.....now it's the courthouse too.

OK.....see ya.

02 Mar 2013 18:17 #18 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic The Lies!
IMHO......two excellent books if some here can get over petty mass media manipulations, are "Thomas Jefferson and The New Nation" by Merrill Peterson and "Necessary Illusions- Thought Control In Democratic Societies" by Noam Chomsky..........We are exceptionally fortunate to have the press to savage all in power and especially the FEDS and all police organizations.......the press is our best defenders from what seems since 911 a repeat of Germany and Russia circa 1935 here in SHEEP America. Pay close attention.

IF interested in history a strong case for a parallel in political philosophies we see in the USA 2013 is the early 20th century European struggles between National Socalism and Communisum.....both lost because they spent themselves and a newer kid - Democracy picked up the pieces. As we see the savaging unfold now USA, history tells us a third party movement will pick up the carnage once the people see clearly niether party can effectively address forces well beyond their control. The people will be lied to for the current flawed establishment to hold on to power............as long as possible.

03 Mar 2013 08:41 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Lies!
[quoteemarcher:2bs38gx3]OMG.......I am sooooo sorry.....I simply forgot that only conservatives are allowed to poke fun at liberals, liberals MUST tow the line here on the 285Bound conservative message board and never, ever, say a discouraging word about a conservative.

I thought it was only Bob's personal forum where liberals were discouraged from posting anything conservatives don't like.....now it's the courthouse too.

OK.....see ya.[/quoteem:2bs38gx3]Of course liberals are allowed to poke fun at conservatives, this thread was great! :thumbsup:

This isn't a conservative message board, nor is it a liberal message board, it's just a board. It's made up of posters from many walks of life/beliefs/ideals/philosophies and everyone is encouraged to participate, and we truly appreciate everyone's viewpoints and are grateful for you all being here. If posts are moved, it's merely for organizational sake because they are more appropriate for another forum, and it does not matter whether you yourself identify with being a liberal or a conservative or an atheist or a Christian, posts are moved for organization, not because of an agenda against a group or a poster and you can tell that just by looking at what gets moved - no one person or group is singled out. No one is banned, no one is treated like a kindergartner and told to go study the TOS, no one is given a pass because the mods are their friends and they get away with crap that others don't.

Please, just have fun posting, share your thoughts, make jokes - no one here is going to get into trouble for that. :)

Thank you all for being here. I really mean that. You are all welcome, and the more viewpoints shared, the better and more interesting the discussions are! That's what makes it fun!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Mar 2013 09:14 #20 by MountainRoadCrew
Replied by MountainRoadCrew on topic The Lies!
Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26336 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26336<!-- l -->

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds