The Lies!

03 Mar 2013 12:20 #31 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic The Lies!
:violin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2013 12:33 #32 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic The Lies!
:violin: :violin:

03 Mar 2013 13:33 #33 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Lies!

LadyJazzer wrote: The Kamikaze teabaggers aren't now, and never were, interested in the good of the nation.

Kamikaze? More dramatic? All it does is slow spending increases. Guess we have to cancel the robot squirrel program! Oh no! Or Barack can only play 18 holes of golf instead of 27? How will he survive?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Mar 2013 14:38 - 03 Mar 2013 20:27 #34 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic The Lies!

Dumblonde wrote: The sequester was an established mechanism. President Obama foolishly believed that the Republicans would care more about the good of the nation than their own selfish aims. I admit, I wonder how long it will take him to learn that the right will happily crash the economy in order to protect their wealthy patrons from having to give back a single penny they have stolen.

The sequester was the fault of both parties. Why not admit it.

It all started with the Democrats wanting to raise the debt limit. The Republicans didn't want to do it. Back in 2006 when Bush was in office, he wanted to raise the debt limit and Obama opposed it saying...

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills," Obama said.

"Instead of reducing the deficit, as some people claimed, the fiscal policies of this administration and its allies in Congress will add more than $600 million in debt for each of the next five years," he said, adding,"Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/14/michele-bachmann/bachmann-said-obama-voted-against-debt-limit-when-/

It's pretty funny reading what Obama "believed in" back in 2006 compared to now. He sounds like a Republican.

And now even the White House is admitting that Bob Woodward was right and that it was the Obama administration that suggested the sequester in order to increase the debt limit. Obama lied to the American people about it. Even NBC has finally figured it out.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WTkn3bY6qmQ

Obama made a deal with Biden and McConnell to get the sequester through. Without the support of them (and Reid and Boehner), the sequester would of never made it through Congress.

In the House, the Budget Control Act of 2011 (which included the sequester) passed with Dems voting 95-95-3 and Repubs 174-66. In the Senate the Dems led the way voting for it 45-6 vs. 28-19 for the Repubs.

Nobody thought the sequester would happen, but it did. Both parties are responsible.

03 Mar 2013 15:55 #35 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic The Lies!
Didn't the house send 2 seperate bills to the Senate trying to avoid secquester?

03 Mar 2013 15:56 #36 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic The Lies!
IMHO....this is an interesting little discussion......but not political. WE the people elected our governments after WWII and asked them for a tit forever.....very similar to the Europeans. ALL started with "The Great Society" immediately after Congress lost Viet Nam after cutting off funds. I recall the old "Guns and Butter" arguments meant to pass massive power to WDC. Well folks we got exactly what we asked for and IN ADDITION destroyed our public education system by equalizing the skills of all students (we all know that is a farce) pumped up retirement systems for clerks we cannot afford , opened the borders to what well may be 100,000 million folks needing assistance, and combined at all levels of government, added 20 million of workfare jobs in the public sector........while shipping good jobs overseas. These are the reasons we are destitute....we have met the enemies.....we are the enemies.

IF we start now it may take 50 years to clean up OUR messes. :splat:

03 Mar 2013 16:03 #37 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: Didn't the house send 2 seperate bills to the Senate trying to avoid secquester?

Why yes... With two "poison pill" amendments guaranteed to ensure the Dems wouldn't vote for it. But, alas... That's old 2012 "news" for 112th Congress... Please show me the bills the House has sent over for the 113th Congress?

03 Mar 2013 16:39 - 03 Mar 2013 20:37 #38 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: The Kamikaze teabaggers aren't now, and never were, interested in the good of the nation.

Kamikaze? More dramatic? All it does is slow spending increases. Guess we have to cancel the robot squirrel program! Oh no! Or Barack can only play 18 holes of golf instead of 27? How will he survive?

I'm sure he survived the same way Boehner did, putting the House in recess for the 10 days leading up to the week of the sequester; and recessing the House at 12:30 on the Thursday prior to the sequester taking effect, so he could go work on his golf-tan. So, 3-1/2 days' worth of work in 20... Not bad.

(Lessee, Boehner and the 112th Congress put in a total of 109 workdays in 2012; and they have 126 workdays planned for 2013... Not bad for $223,500 a year. No wonder Boehner always looks so rested...and orange....er, TAN...

Oooh, and Eric Cantor get's $193,400.00 / year... Not bad for 109 day's work...)

03 Mar 2013 20:18 #39 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic The Lies!
Archer, I try and stay away from the dark side.

I failed.

I apologize.

I just should have just said you are incorrect.

03 Mar 2013 21:14 #40 by archer
Replied by archer on topic The Lies!

Blazer Bob wrote: Archer, I try and stay away from the dark side.

I failed.

I apologize.

I just should have just said you are incorrect.

I have no idea what you are referring to.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds