IRSS (Internal Revenue Schutzstaffel) Gruppen news summary

17 May 2013 15:06 #1 by Reverend Revelant
Treasury Knew of I.R.S. Inquiry in 2012, Official Says

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was auditing the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

At the first Congressional hearing into the I.R.S. scandal, J. Russell George, the Treasury inspector general for tax administration, told members of the House Ways and Means Committee that he informed the Treasury’s general counsel of his investigation on June 4, and Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin “shortly thereafter.” The new information came as part of a routine briefing of the investigations that the inspector general would be conducting in the coming year, and he did not tell the officials of his conclusions that the targeting had been improper, he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us/po ... =1&_r=3&hp

IRS Chief 'Can't Remember' Who Was Responsible for Tea Party Targeting

Acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller said indicated he did not know who was responsible for the targeting of conservative groups by IRS agents. ”I don’t have that name, sir,” he told GOP congressman Dave Reichert in today’s House Ways and Means Committee hearing on the scandal, which came to light last Friday.

Reichert persisted, “Did you ask anybody?”

“Yes,” Miller responded — he asked the senior technical adviser, Nancy Marks.

“And what did Nancy tell you, who’s responsible?” Reichert asked.

“That I don’t remember, to be honest with you,” Miller said.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/34 ... ew-johnson

IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation

When the Barack H. Obama Foundation sought tax-exempt status to raise money for good works in Kenya, the Internal Revenue Service provided quick help.

The IRS approved charitable status for the foundation, which was run by President Obama’s brother and named after his father, in about a month’s time. The IRS also agreed to give the group this important financial status retroactively, back to 2009, when it had begun its fundraising.

The 34 days the IRS’s Cincinnati office took to process the foundation’s application stands in contrast to the waits of several months — and sometimes longer than a year — that several conservative groups say they experienced with the same office. Obama has apologized, saying Americans have a right to be angry that the office improperly targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

OUSTED IRS CHIEF REGRETS TREATMENT OF TEA PARTY

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The ousted head of the Internal Revenue Service apologized to Congress on Friday for his agency's tougher treatment of tea party and other conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. He said they resulted from a misguided effort to handle a flood of applications, not political bias. "I want to apologize on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service for the mistakes that we made and the poor service we provided,

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 7-13-15-21

(Poor service? What does the IRSS think they are... Best Buy? Try telling that to them if you're audited "Oh... I just made some small mistakes... my filing was poorly filled out")

TEA PARTY TAX RETURNS SHOW ACTIVISM ON A BUDGET

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dozens of tea party groups and other conservative organizations of the kind subjected to improper scrutiny by the Internal Revenue Service operated with small budgets and rarely displayed overt partisan activities, according to an Associated Press review of public tax filings by 93 such activist groups. A few groups built million-dollar operations and political ties that could have been legitimate grounds for IRS investigation, tax law experts said.

The AP reviewed 990 tax returns for nonprofit groups that were made publicly available and posted on both the Guidestar and the Foundation Center websites, searching between 2009 and 2011 under the terms "tea party," ''patriot" and other terms frequently used by tea party groups. Several tea party groups also made their tax returns available to the AP. The returns detailed revenues and expenses for the groups, as well as other details. Donors' identifies, however, are shielded from disclosure under federal tax code provisions.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/tea-part ... ism-budget

Und nicht zu vergessen? Die IRSS werden dafür, dass Sie Krankenversicherung. Es ist das Gesetz!!! (And don't forget? The IRSS will be making sure you have health coverage. It's the law!!!)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2013 15:49 #2 by FredHayek
Update: Jay Carney has been take off suicide watch this weekend. He really looks like he wishes he didn't have to go to work all week.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 May 2013 15:56 #3 by Rick

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 May 2013 18:09 #4 by FredHayek
And I imagine conservatives are not exactly attracted to working for tax collectors so I would imagine a culture of Republican hatred at Cincinnati and other locations. Just seemed natural to distrust right wingers and coworkers probably competed to see who could be more of an a-hole.

17 May 2013 19:24 #5 by Blazer Bob

17 May 2013 21:08 #6 by Blazer Bob

17 May 2013 21:19 #7 by Blazer Bob

17 May 2013 21:27 #8 by Rick
Those are great Bob, I especially like the Trojan horse.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 May 2013 21:37 #9 by FredHayek
Obama was sipping his Chardonnay tonight nostalgically remembering the frustrations on his first term...good times when the TEA Party shellacked him in 2010. At least better than now...

17 May 2013 21:42 #10 by Blazer Bob

Rick wrote: Those are great Bob, I especially like the Trojan horse.

Thanks. I figured since I have seen almost no sign of intellegent life here on the left with the exception of homeagain I might as well laugh at them.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds