NSA collecting records from millions of phones daily

11 Jun 2013 10:24 #111 by homeagain

netdude wrote: I do believe the leak by Snowden and all this publicity is going to start a groundswell of non-partisan support for ending this sh**e, IMHO. THe question is, will they push back or get wise and end it?

IF it is a tsunami of TRULY TICKED voters...I could see them re-considering....HERE'S the scary shit.....the MAJORITY of Americans see
NO problem and AGREE with the actions.....56 PERCENT OF AMERICANS...... :smackshead: We are screwed :smackshead:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2013 10:32 - 11 Jun 2013 14:25 #112 by LadyJazzer
How To Know da Gub'mt is Watching You:

10. Your TIVO is recording you.

9. During dinner at a nice restaurant, your potato distinctly says, “Speak up, please.”

8. You have more vans parked in front of your house than a 1960s Janis Joplin concert.

7. When pest control comes to your house, they find real bugs.

6. Your cat keeps pooping tiny microphones.

5. The OnStar lady starts inquiring as to WHY you want to go to 764 Elm Street, who lives there and when you plan on coming home.

4. The black car following you has the license plate: "IRS LUV"

3. The Secretary of State calls your name on national tv for your “relations” with Thai’s Massage Parlor.

2. The President uses your toast at Bob’s wedding in the State of the Union address.

1. Your dropped cell phone calls make an actual crashing sound.

11 Jun 2013 10:36 #113 by KJack

LadyJazzer wrote: How To Know da Gub'mt is Watching You:

10. Your TIVO is recording you.

9. During dinner at a nice restaurant, your potato distinctly says, “Speak up, please.”

8. You have more vans parked in front of your house than a 1960s Janis Joplin concert.

7. When pest control comes to your house, they find real bugs.

6. Your cat keeps pooping tiny microphones.

5. The OnStar lady starts inquiring as to WHY you want to go to 764 Elm Street, who lives there and when you plan on coming home.

4. The black car following you has the license plate: "IRS LUV"

3. The Secretary of State calls your name on national tv for your “relations” with Thai’s Message Parlor.

2. The President uses your toast at Bob’s wedding in the State of the Union address.

1. Your dropped cell phone calls make an actual crashing sound.

lol

11 Jun 2013 10:42 #114 by FredHayek

netdude wrote: I do believe the leak by Snowden and all this publicity is going to start a groundswell of non-partisan support for ending this sh**e, IMHO. THe question is, will they push back or get wise and end it?

Currently the last poll I saw says 56% of Americans endorse the domestic spying. At what numbers will politicians start washing their hands of the program? Looks like our Senator Udall already wants to back away and claims he didn't know how bad it was.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jun 2013 15:14 #115 by PrintSmith

Why should they end it? I have yet to hear anything from anyone that justifies ending a program like this other than it places information in the hands of government which someone might, at some future date, misuse in the manner that the current IRS agents abused the public trust with regards to processing the requests of applicants for 501(c)4 status based on the political affiliation of those who were submitting the applications.

What about your voter registration netdude, should the government not have access to which party you have registered with because that information might someday be misused? How about the census, should they not have access to racial information because someone might abuse that information? How about information from your tax returns, should they not know how much you made and how much you paid in taxes because someone might abuse that information? How about where you live, should they have access to that information, or might it too be misused?

We're not, after all, talking about the content of the calls, simply their existence and how long they lasted. What harm is done by looking at how often one phone number called another phone number and how long those two numbers were connected? Please explain to me the harm your liberty is suffering as a result of this being done. Granted, there is a potential for misuse when the executive is of the mindset of Obama or Nixon who believes that their "enemies" should be punished for daring to disagree with them, but isn't that true of any bit of data that every department of government has regarding you?

11 Jun 2013 15:47 #116 by homeagain
WELL......let's see now......Apparently the ACLU does NOT agree with you....they are filing suit AGAINST the O administration and
this QUESTIONABLE practice.....per NYTIMES.....

11 Jun 2013 15:57 #117 by LadyJazzer
Yep... For violations of the FIRST and FOURTH Amendments...

GOOD...

11 Jun 2013 17:01 #118 by PrintSmith

homeagain wrote: WELL......let's see now......Apparently the ACLU does NOT agree with you....they are filing suit AGAINST the O administration and

I can see that others do not agree with me home, but I have yet to see anyone argue how the government having this data is somehow more dangerous than them having the data about which party you have registered with. Perhaps you'd like to take a shot at it?

11 Jun 2013 17:20 #119 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote:

homeagain wrote: WELL......let's see now......Apparently the ACLU does NOT agree with you....they are filing suit AGAINST the O administration and

I can see that others do not agree with me home, but I have yet to see anyone argue how the government having this data is somehow more dangerous than them having the data about which party you have registered with. Perhaps you'd like to take a shot at it?

IT OPENS A FRIGGIN' DOOR.....(wider) I stated it before,but let me REstate it again....once the precedence is established it will NEVER
be closed again..."death by a thousand little pecks".....I posted previously......THE FINANCIAL FUBAR ....there has NOT been adequate
retribution for the greed/illegal/unethical/lack of due diligence/ despicable practices that have occurred over the last 6 or so years.

HOW would this NEW practice be any different??? :smackshead:

11 Jun 2013 19:05 #120 by Blazer Bob

PrintSmith wrote:

It is pretty simple. When Chelsea Clinton runs for office, establish residency and file to run against her as a republican. Everyone knows you are a registered republican but I'll bet no one knows, including yourself, how many calls you have made to pimps, prostitutes, drug dealers and Sara Palin.

Need I remind you how Obama destroyed some of his opponents in IL., or the Bush documents that turned out to be forgeries.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds