Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

10 Jul 2013 15:17 #1 by FredHayek
Will Zimmerman be convicted of second degree murder? Hung jury? Not guilty?

I think it will be a hung jury. The judge today took some evidence off the table including Martin tweets about violence and a animation about how the defense thinks the shooting happened.

It does look like the county and other municipalities are preparing for riots if Zimmerman isn't convicted. I hope the riot threats are just talk.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2013 15:31 #2 by Blazer Bob
Innocent. Followed by riots followed by federal charges for a dollar Alex.

10 Jul 2013 16:20 #3 by PrintSmith
Then there's the possibility of guilty to a lesser charge as an appeasement to forestall the riots. I'm going to pick involuntary manslaughter.

10 Jul 2013 16:56 #4 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote: Then there's the possibility of guilty to a lesser charge as an appeasement to forestall the riots. I'm going to pick involuntary manslaughter.

OK then, PS we AGREE.....LESSER charge.......(and, I hope, a REVIEW of the the "stand your ground law"......it REQUIRES some
fine tuning and RE-defining....JMO)

10 Jul 2013 17:01 #5 by Photo-fish
Guilty of a lesser charge, but the TV movie will paint him as an overzealous vigilante (rightly so IMO).

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jul 2013 17:09 #6 by PrintSmith

homeagain wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Then there's the possibility of guilty to a lesser charge as an appeasement to forestall the riots. I'm going to pick involuntary manslaughter.

OK then, PS we AGREE.....LESSER charge.......(and, I hope, a REVIEW of the the "stand your ground law"......it REQUIRES some

It surprises me that you share my belief that he did nothing wrong yet will be convicted of a crime simply to avoid societal unrest homeagain.

10 Jul 2013 17:16 #7 by homeagain
Sidenote.....the defense contemplated bringing in toxicology report on Martin( residual MJ in blood).......BUT thought better of it
when they realized that Z's ADERALL RX would be problematic..... :smackshead: (ya' think).....let's see mellow,munchies,minding
own business.....vs. Fear,anxiety,restlessness.......THIS is why I would NOT make a good juror....THAT information should have
been available to the jury....JMO....I would be pissed that the information was excluded.....

10 Jul 2013 17:19 #8 by homeagain

PrintSmith wrote:

homeagain wrote:

It surprises me that you share my belief that he did nothing wrong yet will be convicted of a crime simply to avoid societal unrest homeagain.

PS......I don't believe I indicated he did NOTHING wrong......I see MANY things wrong....."Stand your Ground" needs re-tooling...
I believe the law is way too broad in it's interpretation.....JMO

10 Jul 2013 17:37 #9 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?
This should never have gone to trial and the evidence shows it. It only went to trial because so many people played the race card when it was clearly a case of self defense.

10 Jul 2013 17:56 #10 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: PS......I don't believe I indicated he did NOTHING wrong......I see MANY things wrong....."Stand your Ground" needs re-tooling...
I believe the law is way too broad in it's interpretation.....JMO

Well... that's interesting because "stand your ground" wasn't part of the defense in this case. You may have problems with "stand your ground" but why do you have to drag it into the case... no, you wouldn't make a good juror.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds