Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

15 Jul 2013 06:52 #121 by The Dude
What is sad is that only in America can you stalk a person through your neighborhood, disregard 911dispatchor instructions to quit following that person, incite a altercation, shoot and kill that unarmed person, and be judged your actions were in self-defense. My hope is dwindling for mankind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2013 07:03 #122 by Reverend Revelant

The Dude wrote: What is sad is that only in America can you stalk a person through your neighborhood, disregard 911dispatchor instructions to quit following that person, incite a altercation, shoot and kill that unarmed person, and be judged your actions were in self-defense. My hope is dwindling for mankind.

Gee... then why didn't Martin call 911 and report that he was being stalked?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

15 Jul 2013 07:19 #123 by PrintSmith
What's even sadder than that is a supposedly educated individual such as yourself being such an easy mark for the propaganda of others Dude. Keeping a suspicious person under observation until authorities arrive is not stalking. You should know that 911 dispatchers are not empowered to instruct, only to advise. That you do not is pretty scary in and of itself. There is no evidence that Zimmerman incited the fatal altercation and reason to believe that Martin did based on the evidence submitted at the trial. That is one of the primary reasons that Zimmerman is a free man today.

Why are you so invested in the fairy tale that you choose it over reality Dude?

15 Jul 2013 07:39 #124 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

archer wrote:

Rick wrote: Theres lots of unanwered what-if senarios.

Who would Al Sharpton and the rest of the race baiters have sided with if the victim of the shooting was a white teen heard saying he was being followed by a crazy ass n@gger and put a beat down on a shorter black man who shot in order to stop the beating?

Exactly... Would a black Zimmerman have been found guilty of killing a white Martin? What do you think Rick?

Given the same evidence and Jury, I believe a black Zimmerman would have also been found not guilty. My question was asking who the race baters would side with, and it wouldn't be the white guy who said crazy ass n@gger who beat up the black shooter.

I think it's also fair to bring Obama into this since he injected himself into this case, the Beer Summit, the Duke Lacrosse case, and he was silent on the Black Panthers because he had his buddy Holder to make it go away. Had those Panthers been KKK members, you know he'd be speaking his mind on camera.

Even though I was not happy when Obama was elected, I was hopeful that finally we could all move past this stupid skin color division in this country. I was wrong to hope for THAT change I guess. I'm looking forward to the day when we have a president of any color who either stays out of these cases, or handles them in an unbiased way for ALL the people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jul 2013 14:18 #125 by FredHayek
Anyone remember Bernie Goetz?
He shot four black teens, one of them was paralyzed but all of them lived. He got away with his crimes and still lives in NYC today. He did lose a civil court judgement to pay for the care of the paralyzed guy but just declared bankruptcy and claims to never paid anything.

Goetz didn't even have a permit for his unlicensed revolver, different times?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jul 2013 15:03 #126 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: The unanswered question is had the situation been the same, but Martin was a 17 yr old white young man, would Zimmerman have shot him. That is one answer we will never get.

That really isn't a difficult question to answer in the hypothetical, is it? Zimmerman shot his assailant because he was on the ground, on his back, having his head shoved into the concrete and being beaten MMA style. I don't think it would have made any difference who was administering such a beating to Zimmerman, regardless of their skin color or even their gender. I think he would have shot anyone who was beating him in that manner, don't you? Well, OK, probably not his wife, or his parents, but anyone who was a complete stranger to him who was giving him that kind of a beating.

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote: Theres lots of unanwered what-if senarios.

Who would Al Sharpton and the rest of the race baiters have sided with if the victim of the shooting was a white teen heard saying he was being followed by a crazy ass n@gger and put a beat down on a shorter black man who shot in order to stop the beating?

Exactly... Would a black Zimmerman have been found guilty of killing a white Martin? What do you think Rick?

There was never any question about whether or not Zimmerman killed Martin, was there? If there was, I certainly missed it. Not all killings are criminal archer. Many of them, like this one, are justified. The jury decided that there was reason to believe that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin, that is the doubt that the prosecution failed to prove didn't exist at the trial. That Zimmerman killed Martin was never in doubt, was it? The only question that there was any doubt about was whether Zimmerman's actions were justified and the jury's verdict establishes that the prosecution failed to demonstrate that his actions lacked any justification.

None of which has anything to do with my post or the question I asked.

Oh, but it does. Your post presumes that every killing is a criminal act that one might be found guilty of, which, as I noted, isn't the case at all. Are you instead asking if a black person who was defending themselves from a white assailant would have been found guilty of murdering their assailant when there was no evidence to be found that indicated they had done anything more than defend themselves from that assault? Not only do I think that they would also have been set free by a jury, I don't think such a case would have ever made it into the courtroom for a jury to hear the trumped up charges these prosecutors fabricated. Any State Attorney that even attempted to file such ridiculous charges would have been labeled a racist and dismissed from their position before the ink on the arrest warrant was even dry.

15 Jul 2013 16:54 #127 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?
Alan Dershowitz has been saying, for more than a year, that the special prosecutor of the Zimmerman case is about the worst he's ever seen and the case should have never gone to trial.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds