Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

12 Jul 2013 13:14 #41 by FredHayek
I beleive they will try it again. People nationwide want a verdict.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2013 13:22 #42 by homeagain
Pine....TUFF, TUFF call....my first thought when this started WAS "what if this is a hung jury?".......the thing that influences MY
point of view is this...the option OF STAYING IN THE CAR, WAITING FOR PD AND DOING WHAT HIS SELF-APPOINTED POSITION
REQUIRED HIM TO DO......MAKE THE CALL, WAIT FOR THE PD AND DO NOT TRY TO TAKE MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS.....it is
my VERY PERSONAL belief that Z.' statment "it was God's will" was prophetic.....I believe THIS case will force Florida to re-tool
the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW..FLORIDA has a very looosey,goosey definition for this law and I believe it will FORCE Florida to
come into alignment with OTHER states definition........that was "the plan" that the universe had and Z. and M. were destined to
meet in this unfortunate way....JMO

12 Jul 2013 13:38 #43 by FredHayek
You have to think this case would have been quite different in rural Park County when the police are hours away.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jul 2013 16:21 #44 by netdude
Well here is the 'thug' you all seem to have agreed that he deserved to be condemned to death by death by Z., Looks pretty damn scary to me...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18tn56hwlcf83jpg/k-bigpic.jpg

12 Jul 2013 16:38 #45 by LadyJazzer

pineinthegrass wrote: If this trial ends with a hung jury, does anyone think the state will try this case again?

Absolutely....

12 Jul 2013 16:53 #46 by pineinthegrass
If the vote were 5-1, maybe 4-2, for guilty I could see the state retrying it.

Otherwise I don't see it.

12 Jul 2013 16:59 #47 by Blazer Bob

pineinthegrass wrote: If the vote were 5-1, maybe 4-2, for guilty I could see the state retrying it.

That would make sense but many on the left are vested in a guilty verdict.

12 Jul 2013 17:09 #48 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: If the vote were 5-1, maybe 4-2, for guilty I could see the state retrying it.

WHY are you making this a left or right issue?......it is a HUMAN ISSUE......there WAS NO trial until the community (and others)
ROSE UP and demanded a trial,asking for a FAIR AND IMPARTIAL JURY to decide the facts and come to a verdict.....and THAT is
what is occurring at this moment......it is as it SHOULD HAVE BEEN (but wasn't for a very LONG time).....

12 Jul 2013 17:13 #49 by Blazer Bob
I am not, the media did.

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

WHY are you making this a left or right issue?......it is a HUMAN ISSUE......there WAS NO trial until the community (and others)
ROSE UP and demanded a trial,asking for a FAIR AND IMPARTIAL JURY to decide the facts and come to a verdict.....and THAT is
what is occurring at this moment......it is as it SHOULD HAVE BEEN (but wasn't for a very LONG time).....

12 Jul 2013 17:14 #50 by PrintSmith
What should determine whether or not their is a trial is the law, not community pressure to ignore the law and charge a person with a crime anyway, which is what has occurred here.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds