Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

14 Jul 2013 17:40 #111 by archer
Interesting, in the videos of the protests after the verdict there are as many whites as blacks. Too much is being made of race, I truly believe that the outrage would be the same if Martin was white.... at least mine would be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2013 17:43 #112 by archer
The unanswered question is had the situation been the same, but Martin was a 17 yr old white young man, would Zimmerman have shot him. That is one answer we will never get.

14 Jul 2013 18:30 #113 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?
Theres lots of unanwered what-if senarios.

Who would Al Sharpton and the rest of the race baiters have sided with if the victim of the shooting was a white teen heard saying he was being followed by a crazy ass n@gger and put a beat down on a shorter black man who shot in order to stop the beating?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Jul 2013 18:48 #114 by deltamrey
FYI......prosecutors may well be in BIG trouble.....more than one high powered lawyer are looking into PRO BONO having one or more disbarred....which means IF so Zimmerman may have a civil case against the prosecutors......this will indeed be interesting Also Holder better steer away from this mess if prudent.

Recall the DA that was prosecuted and disbarred in the Lacrosse Duke case ??

14 Jul 2013 19:03 #115 by archer

Rick wrote: Theres lots of unanwered what-if senarios.

Who would Al Sharpton and the rest of the race baiters have sided with if the victim of the shooting was a white teen heard saying he was being followed by a crazy ass n@gger and put a beat down on a shorter black man who shot in order to stop the beating?

Exactly... Would a black Zimmerman have been found guilty of killing a white Martin? What do you think Rick?

14 Jul 2013 19:27 #116 by pineinthegrass
I saw a TV interview this morning with one of the Martin attorneys and they asked him about a possible civil suit. He said they haven't decided whether to file one yet.

One possibility that I can think of (pure speculation if that's allowed) is that if they filed a wrongful death suit against Zimmerman, the Zimmerman team could file a counterclaim against the Martin family for assault and battery. In either case you only need a preponderance of evidence to win rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

14 Jul 2013 19:40 #117 by jf1acai
Except for the bloodsuckers, AKA lawyers, no one can win.

Time to let it be and move on, IMO.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Jul 2013 22:01 #118 by PrintSmith

archer wrote:

Exactly... Would a black Zimmerman have been found guilty of killing a white Martin? What do you think Rick?

There was never any question about whether or not Zimmerman killed Martin, was there? If there was, I certainly missed it. Not all killings are criminal archer. Many of them, like this one, are justified. The jury decided that there was reason to believe that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin, that is the doubt that the prosecution failed to prove didn't exist at the trial. That Zimmerman killed Martin was never in doubt, was it? The only question that there was any doubt about was whether Zimmerman's actions were justified and the jury's verdict establishes that the prosecution failed to demonstrate that his actions lacked any justification.

14 Jul 2013 22:34 #119 by archer

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

There was never any question about whether or not Zimmerman killed Martin, was there? If there was, I certainly missed it. Not all killings are criminal archer. Many of them, like this one, are justified. The jury decided that there was reason to believe that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin, that is the doubt that the prosecution failed to prove didn't exist at the trial. That Zimmerman killed Martin was never in doubt, was it? The only question that there was any doubt about was whether Zimmerman's actions were justified and the jury's verdict establishes that the prosecution failed to demonstrate that his actions lacked any justification.

None of which has anything to do with my post or the question I asked.

15 Jul 2013 05:45 #120 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

None of which has anything to do with my post or the question I asked.

And the questions you're asking have nothing to do with the topic.Topic is Zimmerman = not guilty. Not a bunch of hypotheticals, not a bunch of deflections. Simple topic "Zimmerman's Trial."

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds