Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

14 Jul 2013 10:37 #101 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?

Rick wrote:

archer wrote: Not Guilty....

Still think it shouldn't have gone to trial? Zimmerman will have more peace in his life after being found not guilty than if it had never gone to trial.

I disagree... Zimmerman will have no peace in his life because he will forever be the villian of the new black icon which people like Al Sharpton have created. Z is the new Casey Anthony and he better find a good plastic surgeon. Al Sharpton is now pressuring the Justice Dept and of course, Holder will oblige. Zimmerman will find peace when he takes his last breath, or if he finds his own private island.

And BTW, I admit I was dead wrong about the verdict.

The federal government cannot bring civil rights charges against Zimmerman because Zimmerman was not employed in law enforcement or any other government position. Zimmerman was acting solely as a private citizen.

But, considering how the federal government has disregarded what is proper, they will most probably ignore what is within their scope and prosecute Zimmerman anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2013 13:27 #102 by Mtn Gramma
You mean like this?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/zimmer ... 17019.html

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists are calling on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman who was acquitted by a Sanford, Fla., jury Saturday in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

β€œThe most fundamental of civil rights β€” the right to life β€” was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," NAACP President Ben Jealous wrote in a letter to Holder shortly after the verdict was announced. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation. Please address the travesties of the tragic death of Trayvon Martin by acting today.”

14 Jul 2013 14:43 #103 by FredHayek
Plus he will have to worry that someone will ambush him. I am hearing a lot of hate out there.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jul 2013 14:53 #104 by deltamrey
Now....DOJ (after FBI declared no racial issues) will open another inquiry.........repeal the civil rights act......whites seem to have few left.

Time to stop the taking....and protect the second.......problems ahead for sure. Zimmerman needs federal protection not prosecution again. Will Obama attempt to undermine justice again >> Will be interesting.

14 Jul 2013 15:24 #105 by deltamrey
Being fair....forget the race stuff......being a westerner - family out here since 1840, the law is that you do not shoot an unarmed man. Goes for cops as well.....was especially so circa 1850. It is a cowards action. Now, Zimmerman is a product of a culture that has long given up integrity and honor......he could have just fired into the night sky.....Martin probably would have run like a scared rabbit. Zimmerman is not military .......we were trained to use violence as a last resort......not so in the civilian populace.

14 Jul 2013 15:56 #106 by archer
Deltamrey, I think you have hit the heart of the issue for many of us..... This young man didnt have to die, there were so many other options for Zimmerman that did not include a bullet fired at close range, OK.... He was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter.... But I will always believe he was guilty of poor judgement, which is not a criminal offense. He will have to live with the knowledge he needlessly took a young man's life.

14 Jul 2013 16:25 #107 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Zimmerman Trial? Predictions?
Martin could have walked away. Instead he confronted Zimmerman and proceeded to try to kill him. Martin caused his own demise.

14 Jul 2013 16:34 #108 by archer
And Zimmerman could have stayed in his car and waited for police..... Choices that led to the death of a young man.

14 Jul 2013 17:19 #109 by deltamrey
Arlene.....I agree.....I personally would not have shot him to kill......but I have extensive weapons training and have been in combat.....Zimmerman is a simple civilian with the tools of our culture today.....as are many police.....thus locally a deputy uses a stun gun to kill a man with a BB gun not too long ago, thus SWAT teams are used to subdue grannies, thus.....oh well surely you get it.....

Now the Blacks use the threat of "Burn Baby Burn" to extract a civil FEE from America when they can.....we see it all the time......that lever is used by politicians to hold power over a free people........that one day will end......not IF just when. Surely you recall the jubilation when OJ was freed .....and the LA prosecutors I am sure set that up to avoid riots.....once we toss them a bone they will forever seek the entire body.......they have been conditioned by our politicians to do so....I expect no less this time.

14 Jul 2013 17:39 - 14 Jul 2013 17:48 #110 by homeagain
IF you would like to see how karma executes balance.....look NO further than OJ Simpson case.

The initial action (Nicole's death) was NOT balanced...it took 13 YEARS TO THE VERY DAY....

OJ was convicted and sent to prison on ANOTHER action and is STILL in prison....the energy
was balanced,but it took an extended lapse of time for that to occur....KARMA will ALWAYS
balance the energy put forth....there is NO expiration date. JMO

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds