Vote no on 4A

25 Sep 2013 17:16 #91 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
Replied by KINCAIDSPRINGS on topic Vote no on 4A

ForestFellow wrote: I’m sorry, but the vast majority of the people I’ve spoken with, and most everything I’ve read supports the mill levy increase for the fire department. Scrolling through this thread it as if to some people, it doesn’t matter what the facts are, it doesn’t matter what the needs of the community are, they’re going to rail against the fire department.

What’s sad is that while these folks seem so blinded by hate, if they were in need; I bet that same fire department they so despise would come to their aid. I bet volunteer firefighters they’ve never meet, would risk their lives to help them, to get them to safety, to take them to a hospital, to see them returned to health, so they could return to their computers to spread more hate.

Sad.

Glad to see the cut and paste function is working.. EXACT copy from your pinecam post. Back on topic please. The Hallmark commercial time is over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2013 17:21 - 25 Sep 2013 20:15 #92 by KINCAIDSPRINGS

Friends of Elk Creek Fire wrote:

Everyone cares about Return on Investment, right? Here's a comparison of what you pay per call compared to surrounding districts and you'll see that you get the best value for your money with Elk Creek Fire.
File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:3bg30c7k]ImageShack.us[/url][/quote]

Can you fill in the chart with the same departments that are on your flyer? Excluding city/ suburban
departments.
Should also be noted that the majority of Evergreens employees staffs the ambulances ONLY they are not firefighters, and they are not union. They also staff a dispatch center.

25 Sep 2013 19:04 - 26 Sep 2013 20:10 #93 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Vote no on 4A
I just received the Friends of Elk Creek flyer in the mail today, pretty slick, full color glossy, and I would assume pretty expensive. Of course we won't know who is putting up the cash until after the October 15 filing date for "Friends of Elk Creek" issue committee. I am betting that we have outside interests (Union) putting money into the funding a tax increase. One thing to note Michael Davis is the FF union Membership President and principal of "Friends of Elk Creek" issue committee.
BTW here is the link to the Secretary of State's website. SOS Tracer

MIKE ROGERS is a union leader in the IAFF Union and current the President of the ECFD Fire Board.

Edited to correct Mike Rogers and Michael Davis's actual roles.

25 Sep 2013 19:11 #94 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Vote no on 4A

Grady wrote: I just received the Friends of Elk Creek flyer in the mail today, pretty slick, full color glossy, and I would assume pretty expensive. Of course we won't know who is putting up the cash until after the October 15 filing date for "Friends of Elk Creek" issue committee. I am betting that we have outside intrests (Union) putting money into the funding a tax increase. One thing to note however, Michael Davis a FF union rep and Elk Creek fire board of directors president is also the registered agent for "Friends of Elk Creek". Hmmmmmmmmm

Do your research.

You just told e all I need to know..I'm definately voting YES now

25 Sep 2013 21:02 #95 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Vote no on 4A

WindPeak wrote: I'm sorry but the vast majority of the people I've spoken with, and most everything I've read does not support the mill levy increase for the fire department.

I'm sorry, but every single thing you've written so far, and the comments of everyone else does not support supporting deadbeat anti-tax zealots such as yourself getting a free ride on the rest of the community.

I'll vote FOR IT...And someday, if you ever need their services, I hope they have a list somewhere that says before they go to your place they are REQUIRED BY LAW to stop in Conifer for a Starbucks.....

25 Sep 2013 21:50 #96 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
There is talk that the employees donated 1500 which is the union. According to the SOS the ecfd which is the volunteers changed their name to Elk Creek Firefighters and Emergency Service Association and then had to change it back to ecfd. they have a bank account as well, but there seems to be an IRS issue or a reporting problem. this name is inline with the union name. With the current tax revenue and with 4a monies they will be able to go to a full paid department. From Experience and looking at the numbers it will go like this, the board will suspend the pension, payoff the retirees, then move the volunteers into a paid on call status to part time to full time status. it will take a few years but that's how it goes. Not a secret to those who work in the business. when the new chief arrived he sent out an email to discuss other options with the pension. hmm. Not sure why they work on the sly all the time here. Everyone should know that you can have a fire truck in your driveway running and your insurance will still go by the risk factor when living in the mountains not ISO. Remember just a few years ago they said they could replace all of the old fire trucks with a 0.9 mil increase so where would the rest go? hmmm. If they were concerned with ISO they could simply replace the pumps on the engines for 15 or 20k a piece and they would pass the ISO requirements and function well. And all of the old Yellow tenders have a lifetime warranty on the tanks so if they're leaking maybe the chief should have them fixed for free! So why are they going to shut down stations? ooh yeah, union fear tactics... they could do this out in the open and be just fine but that requires honor.

26 Sep 2013 12:10 #97 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
GO UNION.... "Like"!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Sep 2013 15:11 #98 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Vote no on 4A

Big Dougy wrote:

Grady wrote: I just received the Friends of Elk Creek flyer in the mail today, pretty slick, full color glossy, and I would assume pretty expensive. Of course we won't know who is putting up the cash until after the October 15 filing date for "Friends of Elk Creek" issue committee. I am betting that we have outside intrests (Union) putting money into the funding a tax increase. One thing to note however, Michael Davis a FF union rep and Elk Creek fire board of directors president is also the registered agent for "Friends of Elk Creek". Hmmmmmmmmm

Do your research.

You just told e all I need to know..I'm definately voting YES now

reminds me of an old pizza commercial: " go to the freezer get the box" or in Big doobies case "The Union says vote this way so I vote this way." no thought involved.

26 Sep 2013 16:40 #99 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Vote no on 4A

Big Dougy wrote: You just told e all I need to know..I'm definately voting YES now

That might be difficult since you don't live in their district . . . .

27 Sep 2013 09:05 #100 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
Fun Fact Friday!

In 2008 Elk Creek Fire received almost the same amount of Tax funding as they did in 2013.
In 2008 Elk Creek Fire had more pieces of apparatus, more employees, more volunteers with longer years of longevity and spent more on capital improvements.
In 2008 they also paid more for gasoline, focused more on in district issues and community.
In 2008 the employees were not unionized, volunteers ran the officer corp, and volunteers covered open shifts reducing overtime.
In 2008 Ambulance billings were stable and collections were handled in house
In 2008 the prevention division was staffed with a full-time advanced life support employee that was highly certified to handle plan reviews, site visits, inspections and run juvenile safety prevention programs.

So in 2013 with the funding stream very similar, why has the Elk Creek BOD and Leadership been unable to focus on our community, has overspent the budget, has reduced local services, has outsourced services not only out of the district but out of state, and is now holding the community ransom with threats of closing stations.

Revenue problem? or Budgeting and Spending problem?

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds