Vote no on 4A

04 Oct 2013 21:58 #131 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Last I looked. DCVR is NOT in Elk Creeks District. There are parts of Woodside and Will Of The Wisp in Elk Creeks District.
Under Mutual Aid....it is possible that Elk Creek could come into DCVR and from what I hear on the scanner lately, there is a better than usual chance of that happening.
We are clearly in Platte Canyons District.

Edited to add...HC, I would call Elk Creek and ask why you received a pre ballot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2013 22:07 #132 by FOS
Actually....I also received a pre ballot which includes two ballot issues. A .9 Mill increase for the Park County Sheriff's Dept and a 2.5 Mill increase for Elk Creek. (I should look closer at my mail when I get it.)
How can you increase taxes in one county to pay to an entity in another county outside their stated district?

04 Oct 2013 22:13 #133 by FOS
Questions?
1. If Jeffco votes yes, do I have to pay the tax?
2. Why would I pay a tax on a service I do not receive?

05 Oct 2013 08:16 #134 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Vote no on 4A
Something is very wrong here, I looked at the map on the Elk Creek site and DCVR is not on it so if others got the ballot and they are not showing your subdivision please do what I am going to do and call and find out why.

05 Oct 2013 08:50 #135 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Vote no on 4A
Frogger....will the sheepel up here vote in this Depression for either ?? IF so stupid is an understatement.

05 Oct 2013 09:05 #136 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A
My niece received the preballot information and she lives in Burland. I am surmising that since some of ECFD is in Parkco that this end of Park County is receiving this preballot information but more than likely only those in Parkco ECFD will receive the actual mail in ballot question.

But really wouldn't mind if Parkco got a vote. More to vote NO.

Too much waste going on. Time for ECFD to be fiscally responsible and stop asking for increases. Didn't they get the messages the previous times? VOTE NO ON 4A!

05 Oct 2013 09:34 #137 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Vote no on 4A
The Flume this week carried 3 sample ballots, depending on the area where you live. One has Fairplay RE-2 issues (Style 1) , one for the part of ParkCo included in ECFD (Style 3), and one for everyone else (Style 2). Each version has the applicable issues for the area involved, plus the Statewide issues and the proposed ParkCo mil increase.

They are doing mail-in only this time so check your ballot carefully when you receive it, around October 16th. If you live in Burland or the Ranchos you should get Style 2.

05 Oct 2013 09:38 #138 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Vote no on 4A
Thanks for the info Gramma :like:

05 Oct 2013 10:15 #139 by FOS
Well....here is how I feel.
Had I lived in their district, I would have leaned towards a yes vote but I will most certainly vote no for a tax increase that I will never benefit anything from.
We have our own issues here in Platte Canyon to deal with.

05 Oct 2013 10:16 #140 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vote no on 4A
The county is responsible for mailing out the ballots to the correct households, not the fire departments. If it came to you by mistake, I would recommend calling the county clerk if you believe you received something in error. Each person should only vote on the responding fire department district in which they live, as that is the district you pay taxes to.

There are some residences in Park Co that are in ECFPD's district, I can't tell what they are street by street but you can always call the fire stations and ask.

Something else to keep in mind - you only receive a mail-in ballot if you are an active voter - that is, you voted in the last election. You can call and request one, as far as I know (but my own personal opinion is that you should be doing your civic duty and voting every election).

Hope that clears up any confusion.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds