Vote no on 4A

06 Oct 2013 15:28 #161 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A

Walter L Newton wrote:

frogger wrote: Why hasn't Elk Creek offered a clarification here?

Ok... I've really not jumped into this thread due to the fact that I have been writing a very long article about 4a for the Flume (which will publish on Fri. Oct. 11th) and it would be unethical for me to argue points for or against in this thread.

But since the article is now into the paper, I can at least try to clear something up in regards to what you are reading.

YOU DON"T HAVE A BALLOT IN YOUR HAND.

You have an information booklet referring to the issues that are being offered to various Park County residents.

I suspect ALL ISSUES at hand are printed in that booklet no matter which fire district you live in. It makes more sense in regards to costs, mailing, time etc. to place all measures in one informational booklet.

In other circumstances you would be complaining about public waste and money spent.

You shouldn't receive a BALLOT for 4a UNLESS you live in the Elk Creek Fire Protection District (which does include a small park of east Park County).

The ballots are suppose to be in your mailbox by or around Oct. 15th.

If you should receive a ballot and you are SURE that you do not live in the Elk Creek fire district (check you yearly property tax statement), then call Jefferson County.

I suspect the reason you have not received an answer yet is because it is THE WEEKEND, and country offices are CLOSED.

I don't think this is any sort of problem (or conspiracy) . And if there is a problem, call Jeffco on Monday.

(Otherwise I will still be staying out of this issue on this thread or any other 4a thread).

Thanks WLN but we don't have all the information for Parkco in the information booklet. We are missing the RE-2 question. So perhaps 2 sets of information booklets were sent out? At any rate it is all rather confusing.

But since niece doesn't live in ECFD nor are taxes taken out for her for ECFD I suspect that she will not have this question on her ballot. But since Parkco Clerk's Office has been known or thought to do some unsavory things in the past, it is worth asking about.

Since I own a home in ECFD but am not present at the moment I will be able to vote NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2013 09:40 #162 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Vote no on 4A
Hello,

I talked to a very nice lady at the County today and she did verify that I would not have the question on my ballot.

Many but not all the voters in Precinct 13 will have to vote on 4A if you are in the Precinct just give them a call and they can tell you if 4A will be on your ballot.

07 Oct 2013 11:29 #163 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Still waiting to hear back from the elections head in Park County but if you would also like to inquire
Call Susan at 719-836-4223

The individual I spoke with was unclear on who would vote but was pretty sure that NO ballot had just one issue on it.

07 Oct 2013 12:04 #164 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
Tired of all the chatter? Why not get your information from the source? Come out and meet the men and women who are Elk Creek Fire Department. (Surprise! They're your neighbors).

Elk Creek Fire Department will be hosting a Community Open House on Saturday, October 12, 2013, 11:00AM to 1:00PM, at Elk Creek Station 1, 11993 Blackfoot Road, Conifer.

All ages are welcome! There will be something for everyone:

· Station Tours: See where the firefighters live and work

· Apparatus Tours: Explore Fire Engines and Tankers (Kids young and old love Fire Engines. Come and learn about them. Sit in them, see what's in all those compartments)

· Fire Extinguisher Training (Don't miss this Free Public Education Extinguisher Training. Having a fire extinguisher in your home is good, knowing how to use it is great!)

· BBQ donated by local businesses and cooked for you by firefighters

This is a great opportunity to meet the firefighters, see the station and the equipment and learn about what it’s like to be an Elk Creek Firefighter.

Please join us!

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

07 Oct 2013 13:02 #165 by FOS

ElkCreekFireDepartment wrote: Tired of all the chatter? Why not get your information from the source? Come out and meet the men and women who are Elk Creek Fire Department. (Surprise! They're your neighbors).

Elk Creek Fire Department will be hosting a Community Open House on Saturday, October 12, 2013, 11:00AM to 1:00PM, at Elk Creek Station 1, 11993 Blackfoot Road, Conifer.

· Apparatus Tours: Explore Fire Engines and Tankers (Kids young and old love Fire Engines. Come and learn about them. Sit in them, see what's in all those compartments)

· Fire Extinguisher Training (Don't miss this Free Public Education Extinguisher Training. Having a fire extinguisher in your home is good, knowing how to use it is great!)

This is a great opportunity to meet the firefighters, see the station and the equipment and learn about what it’s like to be an Elk Creek Firefighter.

Please join us!

Will there be information available about your budgets, and more explanation on 4A at your Open House? Will financial documents be available to the public?

I think it is a great idea to open up the fire house to the community.....I just thought your tone starting out was a little less than cordial.
All this "chatter" is your voting community discussing how to spend their hard earned money. That should rate a little higher than "chatter" to you guys.
I prefer a more logical, factual approach to asking for our money than tugging on my emotional heart strings about my neighbors.
Give us a little credit here.
I will be waiting for an answer to my question above.

07 Oct 2013 13:03 #166 by FOS
As to the ballot issue for Park County....I received the same information as HC.

07 Oct 2013 14:50 #167 by KINCAIDSPRINGS
Replied by KINCAIDSPRINGS on topic Vote no on 4A

ElkCreekFireDepartment wrote: Tired of all the chatter? Why not get your information from the source? Come out and meet the men and women who are Elk Creek Fire Department. (Surprise! They're your neighbors).

Please join us!

This isn't "chatter" this is about YOU! I agree with wind, will all of your financial documents be open for the public at your "OPEN" house? A chart of tax income, a chart of capital expenditures, a chart of base pay and overtime pay. Anything that will help us make a decision. Will the information be fact based or PUSHED down our throats by the "independent insurance agent" that has been filtering bias information at community meetings everywhere.

How about I push your little donation button, and I decide what you get instead of you seeking a 50% pay raise from all of us. Throwing that donate button on this thread screams GREED. Give me your tax money and a donation! We are Hero's! We deserve!

07 Oct 2013 16:12 #168 by Kassk20
Replied by Kassk20 on topic Vote no on 4A
Financial info is already public knowledge, so you already have access to it. And until your willing to do the job these firefighters do (remind you most do it for free, still work a full time job and many are raising families) please don't use the term "hero" in such a derogatory fashion. Next time you have an emergency these men and women will drop their own things to help you, pretty sure there is nothing selfish about that. So, sorry this small tax increase that will help them do this selfless job better you feel is such an awful thing, but attacking the people who volunteer their time day or night to help this community do not deserve that.

07 Oct 2013 18:02 #169 by FOS
I don't recall attacking any fire fighter so be careful with your broad brush there Mr.
More often than not it isn't the fault of hard working fire fighters that puts their district in the red. As a matter of fact.....I would bet none of those innocent fire fighters had a thing to do with this.

Just think you ought to be a little more careful about being so condescending to those that you are asking so much from. It may not be a lot to you but to some folks trying to get by each day....It makes that just a little harder.
My beef with the tax had only to do with the possibility that I would ask to pay for something I would not ever receive. That has been cleared up but now......I really wonder what is behind the curtain.
So....you trash these hard working folks all you want. You pull on their heart strings and guilt them with what so many do for them.
Just remember....your voting public is a little more savvy than that.
Nice job Kassk20!!

07 Oct 2013 18:41 #170 by FOS
How about Elk Creek put their financial info on their website and Facebook page. That way.....everyone can readily see for themselves. Last I looked. There was nothing at either location.
Who taught you guys how to market yourselves?
Hope your not in charge kassk20.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds