I never promised you a rose garden review

25 Sep 2013 15:03 #31 by Reverend Revelant

lil precious wrote: OK OK
We were at the show. If somebody would put down his phone and stop texting, he might have enjoyed the show. Snuggle Bunny :heart: :heart: are those sports scores really all that important?

Mom says hi :wave: She still thinks I could have done better.

... and deeper.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2013 15:20 #32 by Reverend Revelant

Big Dougy wrote: Alright, Alright, Alright! You got me, I'm busted. We tried to watch it but we just couldn't. The subject matter was too morbid, the acting too shabby and quite frankly, the writing was a bit morose for our tastes. We left after the first act- But.......... I was writing a review for the masses, not for people like me and my wife because while it wasn't our cup of tea, I believe some of the numbskulls here would like it...So I gave it a good review. Sorry!

So if you want my honest review..Go to the nearby Columbine Club instead-

You lie so much on My Mountain Town that no one believes much of anything your are saying from the git go.

You started this, I finished it.

To bad you're not into live theatre. Every show has an audience, not every audience is for every show. That's a paraphrase of a line in the show ("No treatment is for everyone, but every treatment is for someone.")

You would know that too if you or Lil' Precocious had really attended.

You didn't go... period.

But thanks for starting the thread, thanks for keeping it alive and thanks for entertaining the various readers here.

It's sort of like that odd obsession with gawking at car crashes. You know it may be gory, but you glance that way anyway.

You crashed.

25 Sep 2013 16:09 #33 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I never promised you a rose garden review
Just trying to help Walter...I did like the theater though, and were looking foward to It's a wonderful Life there later this year. Thats more our speed

25 Sep 2013 17:04 #34 by Rick

Walter L Newton wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Alright, Alright, Alright! You got me, I'm busted. We tried to watch it but we just couldn't. The subject matter was too morbid, the acting too shabby and quite frankly, the writing was a bit morose for our tastes. We left after the first act- But.......... I was writing a review for the masses, not for people like me and my wife because while it wasn't our cup of tea, I believe some of the numbskulls here would like it...So I gave it a good review. Sorry!

So if you want my honest review..Go to the nearby Columbine Club instead-

You lie so much on My Mountain Town that no one believes much of anything your are saying from the git go.

You started this, I finished it.

To bad you're not into live theatre. Every show has an audience, not every audience is for every show. That's a paraphrase of a line in the show ("No treatment is for everyone, but every treatment is for someone.")

You would know that too if you or Lil' Precocious had really attended.

You didn't go... period.

But thanks for starting the thread, thanks for keeping it alive and thanks for entertaining the various readers here.

It's sort of like that odd obsession with gawking at car crashes. You know it may be gory, but you glance that way anyway.

You crashed.

Once a liar always a liar Walter. But he did get me interested in seeing the show and I told my dad and step mom about it... they love that stuff and are going to see it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Sep 2013 17:47 #35 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I never promised you a rose garden review
Step mom? That explains a lot

And you're welcome Walter....No one generates a buzz like I do...

#MrNorthDakotaPlaywright

25 Sep 2013 21:30 #36 by FOS
The better half and I are planning on seeing it. We are pretty excited to see a great play and have a nice dinner.

26 Sep 2013 15:07 #37 by Reverend Revelant

frogger wrote: The better half and I are planning on seeing it. We are pretty excited to see a great play and have a nice dinner.

In case your interested Frogger (and anyone else)...

This Sunday there will be a audience talk back with the cast, director and playwright (I'm blushing).

There will be a special guest at the talk back and she will be sitting with the cast to answer questions. The guest is the author of the 1963 book "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden,"

Joanne Greenberg

She is the author of 19 novels, too many to list short stories and has had a movie made of her "Rose Garden" book and a Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie based on her book on deafness "In These Signs" entitled "Love Is Never Silent."

Besides being writer of the fictionalized novel "Rose Garden" she is actually the subject of the book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Greenberg
http://mountaintopauthor.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Never_Pr ... den_(novel )

She will be answering questions about the book, the play and mental illness.

This will be an excellent opportunity to have a "literary" night out, see an award winning theatrical drama, visit with a world renown novelist and have a glass or two of wine (or scotch) in Lilly's Lounge inside the theatre. All for a 10th year anniversary price of $19.00 a seat.

Curtain is at 6:00 pm Sunday 09-29-2013

PM me if you want more information or visit the Miners Alley website linked in my signature.

26 Sep 2013 18:59 #38 by Photo-fish
Sent you a PM.
Thinking about Saturday night. An early dinner at Ali Baba Grill for some Chicken Shawarma and then to the show.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Sep 2013 19:51 #39 by Reverend Revelant
Check your PM box.

29 Sep 2013 09:38 #40 by Reverend Revelant
If you have even considered seeing the show... tonight at 6:00 pm is rather special...

http://mymountaintown.com/forums/the-co ... 30#p295665

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds