I never promised you a rose garden review

29 Sep 2013 11:19 #41 by Photo-fish
Bravo!

My wife & I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first act was VERY interesting with the amount of action the "gods" had in relation to the severity of Debra's psychosis. I thought it was a fantastic way to show what was going on in her head. I think the character that was the least believable was that of the hospital director. Not sure why, but he didn't seem as much into it as the rest of the cast although he had a much smaller role.

I liked the venue as well. A perfect size, it reminded us of some of the smaller playhouses we used to go to when we lived in Chicago and some of the productions I was involved back in school. I think it has definitely re-tweaked our interest in going to the smaller, local theaters a bit more often.

In short, a great production and I would recommend it for sure.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2013 10:11 - 30 Sep 2013 10:53 #42 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I never promised you a rose garden review

Photo-fish wrote: Bravo!

My wife & I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first act was VERY interesting with the amount of action the "gods" had in relation to the severity of Debra's psychosis. I thought it was a fantastic way to show what was going on in her head. .

lol Me and lil precious didn't find it quite so thrilling as you did PF...

Wow...

If that got you so excited I bet the Helen Keller story had you ejaculating..

#Goodlord

30 Sep 2013 10:41 #43 by ScienceChic
I'm looking forward to seeing it this Friday. I'll post my review of it as well!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Sep 2013 10:51 #44 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing it this Friday. I'll post my review of it as well!

A little tip...I wouldnt have more than few drinks at the bar before the show- Its not that kinda play, and you better take notes...Walter likes to pepper people coming out of the show with questions.

30 Sep 2013 10:58 #45 by ScienceChic
Fine by me! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Sep 2013 12:42 - 30 Sep 2013 12:55 #46 by Photo-fish

Big Dougy wrote:

My wife & I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first act was VERY interesting with the amount of action the "gods" had in relation to the severity of Debra's psychosis. I thought it was a fantastic way to show what was going on in her head. .

Wow...

#Goodlord

Why did you lie so poorly on your initial review?

Big Dorky wrote: I'm not the smartest pencil in the box and can't follow story lines so good, but I assure you that me and my wife enjoyed it emmensly...She was really into it and was impressed that I knew the Colorado playright personally
I got what I wanted out of the show

I mean, you got the "pencil in the box" part right, but why the rest?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Sep 2013 12:48 #47 by deltamrey
Having in process a historical novel with much dialogue, I am impressed with Walters effort.....plays are very challenging and he has some talent to actually (I assume) put the play on paper.......impressive if you are a writer.

30 Sep 2013 12:56 #48 by Reverend Revelant

deltamrey wrote: Having in process a historical novel with much dialogue, I am impressed with Walters effort.....plays are very challenging and he has some talent to actually (I assume) put the play on paper.......impressive if you are a writer.

Thank you.

A good summary of the current production of the play and it's history is at... (and see the pictures at the bottom of the article)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/denver/art ... N-20130914

(Dougy... read the article. Here's you chance to obtain more information for your colorful (but dishonest) narrative)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Sep 2013 15:38 - 30 Sep 2013 15:49 #49 by UNDER MODERATION

deltamrey wrote: Having in process a historical novel with much dialogue, I am impressed with Walters effort.....plays are very challenging and he has some talent to actually (I assume) put the play on paper.......impressive if you are a writer.

Sincerely...I'm more talented than Walter- He knows it, I know it, we all know it... I've written jokes for some of the top comedians of all times and could easily write screen plays- All around me I see so many stupid movie/ television and play plots. Just ridiculous uninteresting crap- Where has all the talent gone? It's like music, its regressing right along with the dumbing down of America. I cannot believe these reality and singing/dancing contest shows are popular, I just can't believe it. I just cannot see my parents and all adults in the 1970's watching garbage like that....Anyway Here's some of my early works for comedian Andrew Dice Clay- Enjoy..I wrote like 88% of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA63L-wGpbo

30 Sep 2013 15:47 #50 by UNDER MODERATION

Photo-fish wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

Wow...

#Goodlord

Why did you lie so poorly on your initial review?

Big Dorky wrote: I'm not the smartest pencil in the box and can't follow story lines so good, but I assure you that me and my wife enjoyed it emmensly...She was really into it and was impressed that I knew the Colorado playright personally
I got what I wanted out of the show

I mean, you got the "pencil in the box" part right, but why the rest?

If my wife was in town I woulda got every question right- I relayed the questions to my wife in Chicago via text messages and she didn't take it very seriously...I got a yes and no answers followed by question marks... I didn't pay attention to the play, as explained before I had a lot on my plate that night..I brought my wife to see it because like all women, they like to go out. She payed attention to it while I struggeled with that.....

I like real history, not made up stuff..... why I can make up better stories than that..

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds