From the IRS to the NSA, Americans have reasons not to trust

10 Jun 2014 07:24 #11 by Nobody that matters
And in the same way that the various departments of the government are either flexing their muscles or being used as political tools, the media is making sure it retains it's fair share of power to tear people apart. They figure that it's their job to show every flaw, regardless of how minor, in not only every political candidate, but their family and friends as well.

I think I could serve farily well in local politics. I'm pretty level headed, and think that I'm moderate in enough ways to appeal to a majority. We'll never know for sure because I'm not single and I like my friends. It would be incredibly selfish of me to run for office and expose them to the intense media scrutiny that comes with that effort.

Not to mention the backlash on them from the entrenched incumbent politicians I'd be trying to unseat.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2014 07:50 #12 by Mtn Gramma
:like:

But I can hear/see it now: Nobody that matters is too extreme for Colorado. :splat:

10 Jun 2014 07:57 #13 by FredHayek

Mtn Gramma wrote: :like:

But I can hear/see it now: Nobody that matters is too extreme for Colorado. :splat:

Well said! :dance:
Like a state senator is really going to be able to overturn the Supreme Court on abortion, or make birth control illegal, or that a Colorado Senator is going to be able to end Social Security.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jun 2014 08:11 #14 by Nobody that matters

Mtn Gramma wrote: :like:

:)

Yep... Depends on your perspective. I'm extremely conservative when viewed from LoDo or the Pearl Street mall, and extremely liberal if you're standing in northern Colorado Springs or the northeast corner of the state.

One senator can't make a difference. Neither can two. But imagine what could happen if serving in politics was once again considered a public service position rather than a profitable stepping stone for the power hungry egomaniacle sociopaths we're currently stuck with.

Of course, then the NSA would be off their leash and the IRS will have lost their focus and begin shooting wildly around, wreaking financial havoc in all directions like Jon Belushi in the middle of a food fight.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10 Jun 2014 17:31 #15 by LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: I think I could serve farily well in local politics. I'm pretty level headed, and think that I'm moderate in enough ways to appeal to a majority.

I'll contribute my $1000 pumpkin winnings to your campaign if you get rid of the Morrison Speed trap, promote area micro-brew beer breweries, and evict VL from Park Co. and ship him to Boulder. :rofllol

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Jun 2014 14:15 #16 by FredHayek
Update: The IRS is claiming they lost two years of e-mails between between Lois Lerner and the White House. Please! Do you know how much trouble my company would get into for losing two years of e-mails?
#doublestandard
#mosttransparentarministration
And Team Obam wants to handle your medical records...

13 Jun 2014 14:58 #17 by Mary Scott

FredHayek wrote: Update: The IRS is claiming they lost two years of e-mails between between Lois Lerner and the White House. Please! Do you know how much trouble my company would get into for losing two years of e-mails?
#doublestandard

Tell them to call the NSA for copies.

13 Jun 2014 15:27 #18 by FredHayek
Very Nixonesque, like those missing 18 minutes of tape. Except Lois loses two years?

13 Jun 2014 17:26 #19 by LOL

FredHayek wrote: Update: The IRS is claiming they lost two years of e-mails between between Lois Lerner and the White House. Please! Do you know how much trouble my company would get into for losing two years of e-mails?
#doublestandard

Next time the IRS audits you, just tell them your Hard Drive crashed and you lost everything.

Haven't these geniuses in Gov't heard about Networks, servers, and backups?

The IRS is still 50% on Windows XP, no worries loyal subjects! Carry on!

More of their conversation would infect my brain.
Coriolanus (2.1.91)

Hang those swaggering IRS rascals! Away Rogues!
LOL (6.13.2014)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Jun 2014 20:57 #20 by Cathy_Lee

That’s because before May 2013, the IRS only backed up emails for six months on a tape, then recycled the tapes, so they essentially threw out the data. Many agencies do the same, transparency experts say.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/i ... z3539ulkII

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds