From the IRS to the NSA, Americans have reasons not to trust

24 Jun 2014 08:33 #61 by homeagain
Fred....it's the same reason the R's did NOT go after Ted Stevens in Alaska....it's the way
Washington WORKS (or not)....having come of age in the 60's....HERE'S the real reason things
are the way they are....corruption is a "core value"...WHAT'S in it for me and HOW can I profit?

We have the government we,as a people, DESERVE....because NO ONE was paying attention,
when mattered....CRITICAL THINKING, the "other" National Deficit"......JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2014 10:14 #62 by LadyJazzer

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: And your slanted media continues to gen up lies, phony "scandals", and laughable conspiracies to the point that no one pays any attention, except the usual low-intelligence wingnuts.

Give it up. If this was a republican administration, you'd be all over this like a pit bull on a raw steak. Since it's democrats, they get a pass for this crap from you.

This administration can do no wrong in your eyes, we get that.

And we don't care anymore.

And I don't care that you don't care.... :Yawn:

You didn't care when the Bushies were destroying the country for the previous 8 years... 'Scuse me if I'm not impressed with your selective outrage.

24 Jun 2014 10:19 #63 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Charlie Rangel owes the IRS millions, but is wined and dined by the administation, and at 84, is one of the most corrupt incumbents around and his opponent in the primary is 20 points down.
Why isn't Obama going after this guy?

"Wined and dined"? The Administration is refusing to even endorse Rangel for reelection...

And gee, there are THREE -- (Count 'em...THREE) -- Republican governors who are, or about to be, indicted for criminal charges. And I can list all of the Republican congress-critters who have been convicted, and the ones which have gone to prison... Where was your outrage then?

Give me a break...

24 Jun 2014 10:44 #64 by FredHayek
Surprise! Koskinen, IRS head, makes big donations to Democrat campaigns. Playing partisan politics with his bureau is just that extra touch he needs to support his liberal fellows.
(and destroying, er, recycling, all the evidence and putting roadblocks on the congressional investigation.)
Maybe BHO will give him a ambassadorship to recognize him for his service to the Party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jun 2014 10:47 #65 by Nobody that matters

FredHayek wrote: :Angel: Yep, let's just ignore the corruption. It has happened before so who cares if it is even worse now. People wonder why we get such a poor choice of candidates, if you have to worry about the IRS targeting you and anyone who donates to your campaign, do you want to run?

No wonder incumbents are virtually untouchable. You may think this is just the typical partisan attack, but using the IRS as a weapon against your political foes is a dangerous line to cross.

Charlie Rangel owes the IRS millions, but is wined and dined by the administation, and at 84, is one of the most corrupt incumbents around and his opponent in the primary is 20 points down.
Why isn't Obama going after this guy?

In this case I think you're in the right, Fred. This needs to be brought to light despite the left's best effports to brush it aside as just a false outrage.

Some of the scandals that have come up about Obama are the opposite - they really are just bitchin and moaning about nuthin.

Partisanship is the problem. Conservatives that consider the current administration evil incarnate are missing any good ideas they might have (the fact that I can't think of any at the moment shows me that I'm part of the problem I'm bitching about), and Liberals defend every boneheaded power grab that Obama and his ilk spoon feed them while blaming everything that's wrong with the world including the hole in their sock on Bush and the republicans.

I'm going on vacation soon. I'm not going to read a paper, look at a website, or listen to a newscast the whole time except to check the weather to see if I'm gonna get wet or sunburned in my hammock.

That coupled with this realization that I'm running in circles denying I have a left leg while LJ runs around the opposite direction because she denies having a right, for me it's game over.

Thanks for playing.

I'm gonna grow a beard...

And drink alot.

Edit: after I turn in my primary ballot.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

24 Jun 2014 11:00 #66 by Blazer Bob

Nobody that matters wrote: [
I'm gonna grow a beard...

And drink alot.

Edit: after I turn in my primary ballot.

Wrong answer and bad for the liver. Do this instead.

Time mark 6:43.

[youtube:3j0peifb]
[/youtube:3j0peifb]

24 Jun 2014 11:19 #67 by LadyJazzer
Speaking of "primary ballots"...

I'm pulling for Tancredo today! Hope you guys get your wish!!

24 Jun 2014 12:26 #68 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Speaking of "primary ballots"...

I'm pulling for Tancredo today! Hope you guys get your wish!!

:banghead: Great, another retread. Another Wilkie.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jun 2014 17:58 #69 by Mtn Gramma

homeagain wrote: We have the government we,as a people, DESERVE....because NO ONE was paying attention,
when mattered....
CRITICAL THINKING, the "other" National Deficit"......JMO

Just because you feel you DESERVE pig slop because YOU weren't paying attention doesn't mean some of the rest of us do. Please quit broadbrushing the rest of us with YOUR failure to pay attention.

24 Jun 2014 18:08 #70 by LOL
Ya MG, I was payin attention too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds