From the IRS to the NSA, Americans have reasons not to trust

25 Jun 2014 08:51 #81 by Cathy_Lee
I found this interesting. The Washington Post has debunked a conspiracy theory promoted by Fox News that tried to tie the crash of former IRS official Lois Lerner's computer to a letter the IRS received from the House Ways and Means committee 10 days earlier. The Post pointed out that the letter to the IRS addressed a different subject than the controversy linked to Lerner. Somehow, that little fact has been buried by people trying to promote the hard drive crash conspiracy theory. The actual letter is contained in the story below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... ard-drive/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2014 09:19 #82 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Don't you hate using sources that only cover half the story? :violin:

Since you wouldn't recognize (or use) a legitimate source if it bit you on the arse, how would you know?

25 Jun 2014 09:21 #83 by LadyJazzer

Cathy_Lee wrote: I found this interesting. The Washington Post has debunked a conspiracy theory promoted by Fox News that tried to tie the crash of former IRS official Lois Lerner's computer to a letter the IRS received from the House Ways and Means committee 10 days earlier. The Post pointed out that the letter to the IRS addressed a different subject than the controversy linked to Lerner. Somehow, that little fact has been buried by people trying to promote the hard drive crash conspiracy theory. The actual letter is contained in the story below.

Dang... You mean FauxNoise would overlook something that disproved their conspiracy theory??? Tell me it ain't so...

25 Jun 2014 09:22 #84 by FredHayek

Cathy_Lee wrote: I found this interesting. The Washington Post has debunked a conspiracy theory promoted by Fox News that tried to tie the crash of former IRS official Lois Lerner's computer to a letter the IRS received from the House Ways and Means committee 10 days earlier. The Post pointed out that the letter to the IRS addressed a different subject than the controversy linked to Lerner. Somehow, that little fact has been buried by people trying to promote the hard drive crash conspiracy theory. The actual letter is contained in the story below.

:Confused: So they destroyed the hard drives to cover up evidence of other abuses?
Watch, the IRS will develop a new backup system that only saves e-mails for seven days. "It is better for the enviroment that way!"

Oops, looks like some e-mails survived. Lois Lerner tried to submit Sen Grassley, (IA-R) to an IRS investigation after he mistakenly sent her a fundraising e-mail.

I have been told never get on the bad side of the IRS, guess it is true, send them political spam and they will audit you, even if you are a standing Senator, but only if you are a Republican.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jun 2014 14:04 - 28 Jun 2014 14:10 #85 by Cathy_Lee
Thank God this is not like a month's worth of emails mysteriously missing when Sarah Palin was governor.

As first noted by the Anchorage Daily News, no emails appear between December 6, 2006 and December 30, 2006. The gap begins two days after Palin took office.

During the undocumented month, Palin’s office was far from dormant. She announced her plans to sell the state jet on eBay, a decision that later made it into her 2008 GOP nominating convention speech. She appointed an attorney general. She canceled plans for a road out of Juneau and released her first budget proposal. Palin vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to same-sex couples.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/pos...4/AGIHgzUH_blog.html

28 Jun 2014 17:03 - 28 Jun 2014 17:05 #86 by Mary Scott

Cathy_Lee wrote: Thank God this is not like a month's worth of emails mysteriously missing when Sarah Palin was governor.

As first noted by the Anchorage Daily News, no emails appear between December 6, 2006 and December 30, 2006. The gap begins two days after Palin took office.

During the undocumented month, Palin’s office was far from dormant. She announced her plans to sell the state jet on eBay, a decision that later made it into her 2008 GOP nominating convention speech. She appointed an attorney general. She canceled plans for a road out of Juneau and released her first budget proposal. Palin vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to same-sex couples.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/pos...4/AGIHgzUH_blog.html

You're right, it's nothing like Lois Lerner and the IRS. So what's your point, other than it's not the same?

28 Jun 2014 17:39 #87 by Cathy_Lee

28 Jun 2014 18:01 #88 by FredHayek
So the only defense for the IRS's blatant deceit is a presumption that Sarah Palin lost some e-mails too?

28 Jun 2014 18:05 #89 by Cathy_Lee
I can only image your feigned outrage if Lerner claimed she didn't get or send any emails for a month.

28 Jun 2014 19:45 #90 by FredHayek

Cathy_Lee wrote: I can only image your feigned outrage if Lerner claimed she didn't get or send any emails for a month.

Good to know you at least realize Lerner and her boss are lying to America and Congress.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds