gov improving their skills at euthanizing bovine herds.

15 Apr 2014 11:52 #11 by intheaspens

Cathy_Lee wrote: This episode showed that if you have enough armed friends show up you can safely ignore any law you don't like.

Yup. Obummer is the master of that tactic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2014 12:45 #12 by netdude

otisptoadwater wrote: If the BLM was willing to just take Bundy to court for not paying his range fees why did they choose to round up his cows instead and have the DHS and some subcontractors in full combat rigs (Black Water snipers?) along for the ride instead? This seems to me like a field exercise by the BLM, DHS, and other agencies to gauge the resolve and the amount of resistance of specific groups of people.

It's also remarkable to me how much support Bundy managed to gain from fellow ranchers from across the west. I find it commendable that so many came to his aid and I have to wonder how many of these individuals have or will face similar confrontations with the Federal Gubment.

Then there's the matter of the environment and protecting a certain species of desert tortoise...

Funny thing is they were taken to court twice and Bundy lost both times...

These 'patriots' are cowards, plain and simple, just like many of the rednecks up in the mountains.... cowards.

“We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front,” he said. “If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04 ... standoff/#

Cowards. I would expect you all to support those most like you.

15 Apr 2014 12:51 #13 by archer
Aren't those the same tactics used by Muslim extremists? ..... Seems about right that they would be admired by some of our conservative friends, what's next? Praise for the bully Putin? Oh wait, they have already done that.

15 Apr 2014 13:31 - 15 Apr 2014 14:18 #14 by FredHayek
Is it true that Bundy is the last guy to still be ranching in this county? All the others gave up.
If it is a land grab by the Feds, I am willing to put up with Bundy and his friends trying to protect their multigenerational family business.
If it is just a nutjob who found easily fooled people to stand with him, I am not so sympathetic.
Our 160 acre place is very close to wilderness area and we fear the Feds deciding to force us to accept property in the park for an "equitable" trade. They threatened us with this in the 70's but luckily it hasn't come up latey.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2014 14:17 #15 by Pony Soldier
It does show how close we have come to a totalitarian government. The BLM hired private snipers to fight this battle for them. We wouldn't have lost so much of the government like this if we didn't have a bunch of idiots tuned into American Idol or whatever who think it is okay to use women and children as a shield. WTF is wrong with these people???

15 Apr 2014 14:19 #16 by FredHayek
Women and children as human shields? Doesn't always work, ask Randy Weaver about that after they shot his wife and boy.

15 Apr 2014 15:15 #17 by Pony Soldier
Oh yeah, Randy Weaver. I didn't remember him putting the women out front so that the cameras would see them getting shot though. Am I remembering that wrong?

15 Apr 2014 17:15 #18 by FredHayek
True. She just looked outside to see what was happening on her own. No gun in her hand.

15 Apr 2014 17:29 #19 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Aren't those the same tactics used by Muslim extremists? ..... Seems about right that they would be admired by some of our conservative friends, what's next? Praise for the bully Putin? Oh wait, they have already done that.

I missed where they started cutting off heads.

Also the purpose of the women was not to serve as human shields. It was to maximize outrage, As stated : "“If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”

15 Apr 2014 17:41 #20 by Something the Dog Said

BlazerBob wrote:

archer wrote: Aren't those the same tactics used by Muslim extremists? ..... Seems about right that they would be admired by some of our conservative friends, what's next? Praise for the bully Putin? Oh wait, they have already done that.

I missed where they started cutting off heads.

Also the purpose of the women was not to serve as human shields. It was to maximize outrage, As stated : "“If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”

well that must make it ok then.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds