Worldwide Fast Food Strikes Today!

17 May 2014 15:41 - 17 May 2014 15:53 #21 by LadyJazzer
It's called "gerrymandering"... The GoTP was brilliant in reconstructing the districts (in most cases) to ensure that the teabaggers could run a turnip for office as a Republican, and it would win.

I say "in most cases" because in several instances (Texas and California come to mind) they were so obvious about it that the courts stepped in and ruled it as unconstitutional, and turned the redistricting over to independent commissions.

However, constructing their gerrymandered districts is going to come back to bite them... As the old white republican bigots die off, and more progressive and younger people move into the districts, it's going to be harder and harder for the GoTP to elect turnips.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2014 15:45 #22 by LadyJazzer

BlazerBob wrote: All we need to do is raise taxes on the rich ...

Damn right... It's about time for a "wealth tax" on the rich and obscene to curb some of inequity.

Capital in the Twenty-First Century: Thomas Piketty

No wonder the rich "keep getting richer"--even if they don't contribute anything to society other than a depletion of oxygen.

However, raising the minimum wage to $10.10 or higher is NOT a "tax" on the rich. It's paying people a living wage that gives them a chance to get off of the government assistance, in most cases. If I have to pay 20-30-cents more for that burger so someone else can feed their family, I'm all for it.

Oh...sorry...That's heresy for the Randroids...

17 May 2014 15:55 #23 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: It's called "gerrymandering"... The GoTP was brilliant in reconstructing the districts (in most cases) to ensure that the teabaggers could run a turnip for office as a Republican, and it would win.

I say "in most cases" because in several instances (Texas and California come to mind) they were so obvious about it that the courts stepped in and ruled it as unconstitutional, and turned the redistricting over to independent commissions.

AH, that explains everything. I see where this is going. It can not be that progressives consistently fail when they are in power it must be cheating. Because the country is in such great shape.

Good luck with that.

17 May 2014 15:56 #24 by LadyJazzer
Speaking of "good reads" for the summer...

Sons of Wichita: How the Koch Brothers Became America’s Most Powerful and Private Dynasty

Available May 20 at Amazon... I can hardly wait...

17 May 2014 15:59 #25 by gmule
I'm all for paying a fair wages for a particular job or skill done but I can't see paying someone the same salary as someone who has taken the time and put forth the effort to learn a skill or gain the education required for their chosen profession.

At some point the individual needs to take responsibility for their own path in life and if they are unhappy in their current situation do what needs to be done change it.

17 May 2014 15:59 #26 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote:

However, raising the minimum wage to $10.10 or higher is NOT a "tax" on the rich. Randroids...

Your right about one thing, raising the minimum wage is not a tax on the rich it is a tax on poor people, At least you got to use Randroid in a sentence.

17 May 2014 16:01 #27 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Speaking of "good reads" for the summer...

Sons of Wichita: How the Koch Brothers Became America’s Most Powerful and Private Dynasty

Available May 20 at Amazon... I can hardly wait...

The Koch Brothers? :rofllol :rofllol That dog does not hunt but thanks for playing,

17 May 2014 16:08 - 17 May 2014 16:29 #28 by LadyJazzer
Yes, we've seen how well conservatives have run the country when they had control:

http://s471.photobucket.com/user/unener ... t.jpg.html

Throw in a couple of unpaid-for, unnecessary wars, a bunch of unpaid-for tax-cuts for the rich, an unpaid-for drug-plan for Medicare....and pretty soon you're talking about "real" money...

17 May 2014 16:11 #29 by LadyJazzer

BlazerBob wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: However, raising the minimum wage to $10.10 or higher is NOT a "tax" on the rich. Randroids...

Your right about one thing, raising the minimum wage is not a tax on the rich it is a tax on poor people, At least you got to use Randroid in a sentence.

Every chance I get...

But since the poor will be making more, they will be able to afford the extra 20-30 cents too...and gladly.

17 May 2014 16:45 - 24 Nov 2014 11:28 #30 by Martin Enterprises
Poor are poor because of their mentality.

They will be poor at 25.00 an hour. Get a grip you live in a realm unlike the rest of the world.
I got rich because I worked, learned got an education bettered myself, at NOT a minimum wage but because I wanted MORE.

I have had a few employees that stepped it up from the low wage, but on a whole those that work for the minimum don't want to do better they just think they are entitled to more. lazy POS slackers. They intervied one last night on the news, he couldn't even speak properly No edumication so he wants more.

Screw that sh**.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds