Worldwide Fast Food Strikes Today!

17 May 2014 20:24 #31 by Blazer Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2014 20:26 #32 by LadyJazzer
Now, THAT'S funny... :LMAO:

17 May 2014 21:05 #33 by otisptoadwater
https://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/toon140221a.jpg?w=500&h=346

The next step in this process will be medium and small businesses automating their customer interfaces, aka you won't be dealing with people face to face any more, you'll get even more automated call centers and self service kiosks. That will be less expensive for the business owners and I'm sure it will result in better service and product quality for the customers (NOT!).

Wait just a Manhattan micro-second... Let's jump in to the way-back machine and check on what Barry had to say about creating jobs and automation "back in the day." Did Barry actually say this way back when?

[youtube:1qc5fr9z]
[/youtube:1qc5fr9z]

How many jobs were created?! Equine excrement! Automation is good but it's also bad? Make up your mind wonder genius! Either create jobs for real or embrace the fact that the economy hasn't done anything except suffer and shrink under King Barry's rule.

All you kids currently working at the Clown, the King, and the Colonel thinking you're going to get what you want by protesting are about to be sadly mistaken. But there's a silver lining in that dark cloud - you can take solace in the fact that more US citizens (and many illegal aliens) are already on the dole than ever before, join their ranks. Sucking off the Gubment teet is so much easier than actually trying to find a job and earning a living, besides you're entitled to your daily scoop of gruel and your very own spot on the floor of the Gubment provided commune floor just like every other subject of King Barry's kingdom.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 May 2014 21:50 - 17 May 2014 21:57 #34 by LadyJazzer
Wait a minute!.... Was this what this guy said "back in the day"???

[youtube:9zqggj4u]
[/youtube:9zqggj4u]

"Romney says "I don't remember what I said, but whatever it was, I stand behind it..."

Dang... That stuff stays around forever don't it?...Even when you've had a "change of [talking-point]..er, "heart".

And dang:

Higher Wages Boost Economy

Raising minimum wage creates jobs, boosts economy

It's important to remember the real source of job creation. Businesses hire more workers only when they have more customers. When they have fewer customers, they lay off workers. So the real job creators are consumers with enough money to buy.

Even Walmart might be starting to understand this. The company is "looking at" whether to support a minimum wage increase. David Tovar, a Walmart spokesman, noted that such a move would increase the company's payroll costs but would also put more money in the pockets of some of Walmart's customers.

In other words, forget what you're hearing from the Republicans and the Chamber of Commerce. The real job killers in America are lousy jobs at lousy wages.

You pump more $$ into the economy and the economy grows... It's called "trickle-UP"...No wonder the 1%'ers and oligarchy hate the idea.... Since trickle-down hasn't, doesn't and won't, it's a great idea to get thousands off of SNAP, off the rolls of the hungry, and decrease the number of WalMart employees they DUMP on the welfare rolls so the taxpayers can subsidize their sh*t tactics.

It's like global climate change... You can deny it all you want, and in the end...the SCIENCE doesn't change... And the earth is still not flat...

17 May 2014 21:56 #35 by otisptoadwater
So you don't have a direct point to refute that Barry said what he said? I'm Shocked, I tell'ya! Get back to me when you got some sort of directly related information that makes Barry's support of a minimum wage increase a good idea. Until then DILIGAF?

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 May 2014 21:58 #36 by LadyJazzer
I've already given you proof that supporting a minimum wage increase is a good idea..

You don't like it? :violin:

Otherwise, Pot / Kettle / Black

17 May 2014 22:08 #37 by otisptoadwater
I'm not sure you understand supply and demand; if goods cost more and fewer people are employed it's going to be increasingly difficult for the populace to earn a living and buy what they need to subsist.

That's ok though, we can all become wards of the state, let the Gubment pay for everything we need and let us surrender our wealth, property, and possessions so that everyone has an equally large share of the daily bowl of gruel and a spot of the floor to sleep on when they're not working on the Gubment commune or in the Gubmment factories. After all it's more important that our Glorious Leader, King Barry be honored and adored. Besides, he's done such a great job of making 'Merica a better place to live (check his approval polls - everyone loves King Barry).

18 May 2014 09:08 #38 by LadyJazzer
I'm not sure you understand it, except in the context of the fact-free echo-chamber...

"It's important to remember the real source of job creation. Businesses hire more workers only when they have more customers. When they have fewer customers, they lay off workers. So the real job creators are consumers with enough money to buy."

If people don't have money to spend, they can't buy the products and services that are for sale, and people get laid-off and/or businesses don't hire. "The real job creators are consumers with enough money to buy."

But that's okay. You keep spouting the supply/demand talking points. (Like, supply/demand works so well at the gas pump...or the artificially inflated price of sugar...or milk...or ...)

18 May 2014 11:59 #39 by gmule
The only thing that seems to be trickling up is poverty.

18 May 2014 12:48 #40 by LadyJazzer
Yes, the GoTP has been excellent at ensuring that they take away from lower & middle classes to give to the rich. And there are hundreds of charts and statistics to prove it.

If the minimum wage is raised, at least those at the bottom can have something they can live on.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds