Worldwide Fast Food Strikes Today!

18 May 2014 15:07 #41 by Arlen
If the government were to impose an increase of wages for engineers, I would certainly employ fewer engineers. No question about it. A company's costs of services and goods must be competitive or you no longer will have a company.

An increase in the minimum wage will also create a demand for an increase in wages by supervisors and management. Minimum wage laws are micro-management laws so we must also look at micro-results. L J wants to dream about the results on a big picture but she ignores the face that the big picture is formed by the micro-results associated with each individual fast food franchise.

The micro-results will create a job loss of 500,000 in the big picture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2014 17:14 #42 by LadyJazzer
I know where we can add back MORE than 500,000 jobs... Just reopen all of the women's health clinics and Planned Parenthood locations, and hire back all the professional people whose jobs have been sacrificed at the altar of right-wing extremism... Those are high-paying jobs, too!

Problem solved...

18 May 2014 17:24 #43 by Blazer Bob

gmule wrote: The only thing that seems to be trickling up is poverty.

That is what happens when dem's are in charge.

18 May 2014 17:35 #44 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, we can see for ourselves what happens when TeaPublicans are in charge:

Boy, no matter how many times you repeat it, it's still not true, is it, Bob? The hallmark of a TeaPublican "talking-point"... I think I can see for myself what is "trickling-up"--because it's sure not trickling-down...Hasn't, doesn't, won't.

18 May 2014 18:44 - 19 May 2014 18:21 #45 by LOL

BlazerBob wrote:

gmule wrote: The only thing that seems to be trickling up is poverty.

That is what happens when dem's are in charge.

LOL, trickle up? Yes that will work well with effective marginal rates of 80-100% for low income workers. (Taxes + phase out of bennies as income rises). i.e. the perpetual Lefty designed poverty Rut. Makes for good campaigning to the sheep.

The min wage should rise gradually with inflation. But its more fun to make it a election cycle political punching bag.

Ho Hum. Rinse Spin Repeat.

Next up the Transportation Budget "crisis". Yawn.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 May 2014 20:00 #46 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm not sure you understand it, except in the context of the fact-free echo-chamber...

"It's important to remember the real source of job creation. Businesses hire more workers only when they have more customers. When they have fewer customers, they lay off workers. So the real job creators are consumers with enough money to buy."

If people don't have money to spend, they can't buy the products and services that are for sale, and people get laid-off and/or businesses don't hire. "The real job creators are consumers with enough money to buy."

But that's okay. You keep spouting the supply/demand talking points. (Like, supply/demand works so well at the gas pump...or the artificially inflated price of sugar...or milk...or ...)

The non partisan CBO said raising minimum wages would cost jobs. So you think they are now part of the fact free echo chamber? Sometimes you are so far to the Left that you dismiss objective analysis.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 May 2014 15:55 #47 by MountainRoadCrew

19 May 2014 16:41 #48 by otisptoadwater
In the meanwhile, Jack in the Box has begun the process of "right sizing" it's workforce:

[youtube:3w8h7rkb]
[/youtube:3w8h7rkb]

:sarcasm: I suppose that the result will be better quality fast food and higher skilled workers in the kitchens... :Whistle

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 May 2014 18:31 #49 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, we've seen how well conservatives have run the country when they had control:

http://s471.photobucket.com/user/unener ... t.jpg.html

Throw in a couple of unpaid-for, unnecessary wars, a bunch of unpaid-for tax-cuts for the rich, an unpaid-for drug-plan for Medicare....and pretty soon you're talking about "real" money...

My, my - take a look at those graphs. Spending dramatically increased starting January 2007 and leveled off around January 2011. I wonder what happened around that time frame that we might look to as far as explaining those figures. Could it be that "progressives" got hold of both houses of Congress around January 2007 and lost control of one of them starting January 2011? Naw - that doesn't follow the leftist echo chamber bullet points, does it; so it can't be that.

Deficit numbers mirror that phenomena too, don't they. Hmmmm - maybe it isn't a coinkydink after all . . .

And I'd still like to know where you pulled that $22/hr figure out of given its complete detachment from reality, reason, and anything even remotely resembling the truth . . .

For the vast majority if the time we have had a federal minimum wage it has been at or below the current one when the wages are adjusted for inflation. There are some outlying years when, as now, "progressives" seek to artificially inflate the money supply to give a false impression that something is being done, but generally those efforts immediately precede rapid rises in the rate of inflation. Another coinkydink? I think not . . .

19 May 2014 19:13 #50 by LOL
Don't slow the Jazzer down now PS she is on a roll, those cleverly annotated charts are probably cherry-picked from the Huffy Puffy posts, but she won't post those original links.

There will be no inflation adjustment of the min wage or any tax code overhaul/simplification because it is better to use those "issues" as perpetual campaign slogans and political footballs, LOL Its so obvious but few seem to get it. Enjoy Forrest Gumps!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds