2020 Presidential Candidates

17 Dec 2019 13:40 #301 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
"NO surprise.....I've worked with men for MANY years.....that is their M.O."

Do you mean the M.O. of all men or just those with whom you have worked?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2019 14:13 #302 by Pony Soldier

ramage wrote: "NO surprise.....I've worked with men for MANY years.....that is their M.O."

Do you mean the M.O. of all men or just those with whom you have worked?

I took it as a very sexist comment but I’ll wait for HA to clarify.

17 Dec 2019 14:56 #303 by homeagain

ramage wrote: abcnews.go.com 12/16/2019

"When Mike Bloomberg's friends and admiring colleagues compiled a small booklet of his "wit and wisdom" nearly 30 years ago, they opened it with this one-liner: "Make the customer think he’s getting laid when he’s getting [expletive]."

From there, the crude language continued: "What do I want?" it says on page six. "I want an exclusive, 10-year contract, an automatic extension, and I want you to pay me. And I want [oral sex] from Jane Fonda. Have you seen Jane Fonda? Not bad for fifty."

(MORE: Bloomberg's sexist remarks fostered company culture that degraded women, lawsuits allege)
And sexist: "If women wanted to be appreciated for their brains, they’d go to the library instead of to Bloomingdales."

Glad to see that Bloomberg has a sense of humor.

Since the quote was commenting on CORP environment (bolded).....you should assume my
comment was corporate directed....17years worth.

EXAMPLE....probably TMI, but at a managers good bye party ( he really was an ok guy) the
drinks were flowing freely and the subject of female co workers (some present and having
a good time) floated around. A manager is commenting to me...."You didn't know you had a reputation at Lakewood, did you"? I was STUNNED.....then he says to me..."you were voted
best buns at Lakewood."

The really stunning part about that comment was, I had always tried to have a low profile at work.:huh:

Just before I left corp america.....the corp slogan was ''take every opportunity to delight your customer''.....which was,of course,an asinine thought, because they were slicing and dicing
departments/personnel/MJR'S......

17 Dec 2019 15:20 #304 by Pony Soldier
I’ve been working in corporate America for over 30 years and have never run into that kind of behavior - even when it was supposedly cool. I still say the comment was sexist.

17 Dec 2019 15:29 #305 by homeagain
YOUR level within the corp is perhaps the reason....My position sr.operations clerk and my
immediate co workers were comm teks and 1st level and 2 level mgmt.......

17 Dec 2019 16:23 #306 by Pony Soldier
Maybe. I’m the Senior Vice President of Engineering for the southeast.

17 Dec 2019 18:17 #307 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Ladies, am I left to assume that the appellation, "best buns" could only be ascribed to a woman at the level of clerk and not Senior Vice-President?
I love that comment " I had always tried to have a low profile at work". Does that mean you did wear a form fitting skirt/pants?
How's that for being sexist. Not quite Bloomberg's level but then I do not have billions of dollars to pay for lawsuits.
Go Dems!

17 Dec 2019 18:34 #308 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

ramage wrote: Ladies, am I left to assume that the appellation, "best buns" could only be ascribed to a woman at the level of clerk and not Senior Vice-President?
I love that comment " I had always tried to have a low profile at work". Does that mean you did wear a form fitting skirt/pants?
How's that for being sexist. Not quite Bloomberg's level but then I do not have billions of dollars to pay for lawsuits.
Go Dems!

LOL!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Dec 2019 07:34 #309 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Ladies, am I left to assume that the appellation, "best buns" could only be ascribed to a woman at the level of clerk and not Senior Vice-President?
Go Dems!

KNEW I would get rations of roaring laughter......but let me explain, I that time I worked in "plant:"
that office was on the outer edge of westside of Lakewood....it was an installation facility NOT
a downtown office (worked there also, with the usual yuppie attire).....in "plant," jeans were the
norm,because of the nature of work.(this was well before the present day causal attire)....so
it was a dressed down atmosphere.

The example I gave was one of the more innocuous incidents....there were MANY MORE
thru out the years.....

22 Dec 2019 05:42 #310 by Pony Soldier
It's just my humble opinion, but I think all of these democrat candidates belong in the "whine" cave...

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds