2020 Presidential Candidates

19 Mar 2020 07:48 #521 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Bill Weld served as the governor of Massachusetts; had an R by his name. He was one of the darlings of the Never Trumpers who are now democrats.

I hear this frequently - "Used to be Republican" or "Republican in Name Only." Exactly what did Weld do that made him a Democrat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2020 08:23 #522 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Weld is a republican. NeverTrumpers such as Max Boot, Bill Kristol, Jennifer Rubin are examples of republicans that have changed their affiliation evidenced by their support of Biden. Clearly, I said that Weld was the darling of the NeverTrumpers. There is no mention of ""Used to be Republican" or "Republican in Name Only." in my post.

19 Mar 2020 08:52 #523 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Your words don’t matter, they can read your mind.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Mar 2020 09:08 #524 by ramage
My hopes are shattered. Tulsi Gabbard just announced that she is suspending her campaign for the democrat nomination for President.

19 Mar 2020 09:19 #525 by homeagain
I might say....."WORDS don't matter,but ACTIONS DO"......let us see IF the king can follow thru
in a PRESIDENTIAL manner,with what he has proposed.....NAMELY getting the med.equipment
to the professionals, that is woefully lacking.

19 Mar 2020 09:20 #526 by homeagain
WHAT did U expect, when the DNC screwed her....???

27 Mar 2020 07:55 - 27 Mar 2020 08:45 #527 by ramage
I guess this is Joe just being Joe:
In fact, Mr. Biden was given an honorary-professor position one week after he left the vice president’s office in 2017. (He also misstated the time of his becoming the first “Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor,” as he left the Senate in 2009 to become vice president.)

He was neither supposed to nor did he ever teach a class, according to his own spokesperson and multiple Philadelphia media accounts.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/25...pennsylvania-profes/

27 Mar 2020 08:01 #528 by homeagain
credible link please. otherwise it is FAKE NEWS

27 Mar 2020 08:08 #529 by Pony Soldier
It was Biden's town hall...did you miss it? It mas totally covered up by most of the news because it seemed that he forgot about being VP...

27 Mar 2020 09:20 #530 by ScienceChic
The video is embedded at this link:
Joe Biden claims he 'became a professor' at UPenn...but never taught a class
The question starts at ~17:00min mark, his comment about being a professor occurs around 24:25.

And he certainly doesn't sound as senile as people keep trying to make him out to be. Feel free to watch the entire 34min video.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds