2020 Presidential Candidates

07 Mar 2020 07:05 #471 by homeagain
www.foxnews.com/politics/tulsi-gabbard-c...arizona-debate-stage

THIS is a huge WTF......I truly do not comprehend the continuing ''close out''for this candidate. I
would want to witness a three way debate on the 15th.....as an indy, I am pissed the DNC has
a two faced approach to the rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2020 08:16 #472 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
HA, I share your anger. Looking on the bright side, by not having Gabbard in the debate, the DNC will not have any nettlesome answers to questions about military service and patriotism. On that note how will the democrats attack Trump for not serving with either Biden or Sanders as their candidate?

07 Mar 2020 20:57 #473 by ScienceChic

ramage wrote: Why would a man falsely say that his wife and daughter were slaughtered by a drunken driver, if as you state it happened 29 years ago? (2001-1972=29) . He apologized and closed the matter. Really? I surmise that he had no statements for the 29 years after the incident but having learned from someone with interactions with Joe Biden I do not believe him. Then he found remorse 11 years after the first RECORDED evidence of his malfesance. I stand by my statement that he keep the Dunn family in hell for 37+ years.
Re=open old wounds for the family? Which family that of Curtis Dunn or that of Joe and Hunter Biden?
( By the way is Bill Clinton reopening old wounds in Monica Lewinsky with his protestations that his sexual relationship with her was a way for him to relieve his anxieties?)
Let's move on to Biden's record of plagiarism, at the very least starting with his first year in law school and progressing in his previous runs for the presidency,( Neil Kinnock, anyone). Well , as you say he did apologize for cheating.

I don't know why he did it, I don't know when he started, all I know is what was reported that I shared: it's documented that he did it twice between 2001-2007 and no mention of him doing it since he apologized in 2009.

When I said "re-open wounds for the family" I was speaking about the Dunn family. They were hurt by his accusations, they brought it to his attention, he apologized and they said they considered it closed. Now his opposition is bringing it back up again; I think that their treatment of the Dunn family is abhorrent and insensitive.

I don't know about you, but when someone apologizes for their actions or words spoken, and there isn't evidence that they continued that behavior (i.e. learned their lesson and were sincere in their apology), then I was taught by my parents that the right thing to do is to forgive and let it go. That to me is the difference between Biden and Trump; being willing to admit mistakes and apologize for them. It indicates humility, empathy, and a willingness to learn and do better from then on.

Bill Clinton's comments disgusted me, and yes, my first thought was for poor Monica Lewinsky who doesn't deserve to have her name dragged through the mud yet again 20+ years later. We'd all be better off if he'd STFU and stay out of the public's eye for the rest of his life.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Mar 2020 21:51 #474 by ramage
" I think that their treatment of the Dunn family is abhorrent and insensitive." what is abhorrent and insensitive, the fact that Joe Biden falsely accused their father of being a drunk driver and murdered his wife and daughter?
" that to me is the difference between Biden and Trump; being willing to admit mistakes and apologize for them. It indicates humility, empathy, and a willingness to learn and do better from then on."

Please point out to me where President Trump falsely accused someone on murdering members of his family. If you can please point out a statement by President Trump that you consider the moral equivalent of what Biden did, accusing Mr. Dunn of being drunk and murdering his wife and child. It was obvious to the police and the court that what Biden said was a lie. Or perhaps you do not believe the police and the court.

08 Mar 2020 19:26 #475 by ramage
First the DNC changed the requirements so as to keep Tulsi Gabbard out of the debates,
Now they proclaim that the 2 candidates will be sitting. Sanders protests to no avail.
" The format for the next debate in Arizona — their first since Biden’s blowout Super Tuesday victories — would have the candidates seated for the first time this election cycle and take multiple questions from the audience. In the prior 10 debates, the candidates stood at lecterns and nearly all questions were asked by the professional moderators." politico.com 3/8/20

Let's cut to the chase, why should anyone vote for Joe Biden? Say what you like but try to stay focused on Biden not anti-Trump, unless that is all you have.

08 Mar 2020 20:52 #476 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

ramage wrote:
Let's cut to the chase, why should anyone vote for Joe Biden? Say what you like but try to stay focused on Biden not anti-Trump, unless that is all you have.

Ha, good luck with that question with that stipulation. I'd also ask who our enemies would rather see win, Biden or Trump?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Mar 2020 07:23 #477 by homeagain
NO official research,BUT, I think the entire global would want Biden to blow away the king,,because the whole wide world is TIRED if being jerked around.....corp. does that with union stewards (enticing them to the dark side) corp also builds cases against embolden employees,
''trouble makers" and eventually fires them or creates enough BS that they exit by themselves. jmo

09 Mar 2020 14:30 #478 by homeagain
AS far as I can tell,the king and Biden are BOTH bordering on blatant baseline ''early onset''....\
I don't believe we have a coherent and convincing candidate......guess the ONE thing the king
had to expound upon is now GONE........WELCOME TO tumultuous turn around of the economy.

09 Mar 2020 17:27 #479 by Pony Soldier
IMO, you’d have to be incredibly unAmerican to root for a rout in the market and economy just to spite Trump. It’s sick.

The economy will be just fine once people realize that they were lied to once again by the media. You’d think they would learn faster, but Americans are proving to be quite stupid.

09 Mar 2020 18:42 #480 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: IMO, you’d have to be incredibly unAmerican to root for a rout in the market and economy just to spite Trump. It’s sick.

The economy will be just fine once people realize that they were lied to once again by the media. You’d think they would learn faster, but Americans are proving to be quite stupid.

[/b]

bolded...it is called APATHY.....which has NOW impacted the future....:whistle:
The advanced warning alarm was blown off as bullshit.....the yield curve,the survivor of Lehman
Bros, the trends were ignored.....typical of our M.O. REACTIVE RATHER THAN PROACTIVE...

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds