2020 Presidential Candidates

16 Mar 2020 17:32 #501 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
After debate, the democrat party can not accuse the republicans of being the party of doddering old white millionaires who dodged the draft. They made a mistake in not allowing Tulsi Gabbard to participate. It would have meant that Bernie and Joe would not have had to speak so long , expose themselves and Tulsi would have provided a youthful female of color (relatively speaking) for the audience to watch. Her ideas are not out of line with most of Joe and Bernie's positions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2020 17:44 #502 by ramage
The "pieces de resistance "of the debate: Biden coughing into this hand and Bernie sneezing then wiping his nose. Both of them have NOT been tested; because as they said they are asymptomatic.

17 Mar 2020 06:10 #503 by Pony Soldier

ramage wrote: After debate, the democrat party can not accuse the republicans of being the party of doddering old white millionaires who dodged the draft. They made a mistake in not allowing Tulsi Gabbard to participate. It would have meant that Bernie and Joe would not have had to speak so long , expose themselves and Tulsi would have provided a youthful female of color (relatively speaking) for the audience to watch. Her ideas are not out of line with most of Joe and Bernie's positions.

I agree with your post but take issue with the term “female of color”. I know it’s the new politically correct term, but it really grates me. Every person, living or dead has a “color”. Doesn’t that make us all persons of color?

Sorry for the sidebar... back to your regularly scheduled thread.

17 Mar 2020 06:14 #504 by ramage
Thanks, Pony Soldier. I used that term because that is the way she and the MSM describe her, similar to calling Obama, a black man, when he is a mulatto. I agree with you.

17 Mar 2020 06:47 #505 by homeagain
What does WHITE privilege me to you??

17 Mar 2020 07:15 #506 by ramage
You would be better served to ask, What is white, gentile, and anglo-saxon and throw in male as a bonus. What do you get? a male WASP.
Please explain how your question relates to the thread. Are you suggesting that only whites need apply to be President?

17 Mar 2020 07:17 #507 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote:

ramage wrote: After debate, the democrat party can not accuse the republicans of being the party of doddering old white millionaires who dodged the draft. They made a mistake in not allowing Tulsi Gabbard to participate. It would have meant that Bernie and Joe would not have had to speak so long , expose themselves and Tulsi would have provided a youthful female of color (relatively speaking) for the audience to watch. Her ideas are not out of line with most of Joe and Bernie's positions.

I agree with your post but take issue with the term “female of color”. I know it’s the new politically correct term, but it really grates me. Every person, living or dead has a “color”. Doesn’t that make us all persons of color?

Sorry for the sidebar... back to your regularly scheduled thread.

bolded.....the reason the white question was asked.

17 Mar 2020 07:24 #508 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

homeagain wrote: What does WHITE privilege me to you??

That has nothing to do with what they are talking about. Do you think a person's skin color should be the first thing you say when describing an individual human being?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Mar 2020 09:34 #509 by ramage
Do you remember this guy? He was in the 1st democrat debate.

New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio explained to the peons why he’s allowed to go to the gym and you are not.

Mayor DeBlasio: “I do not for a moment think there was anything problematic because I knew the dynamics. And again, I have to stay healthy so I can make the decisions for the people of the city.”

And people actually voted for the jerk?

source: gatewaypundit.com 3/17/20

17 Mar 2020 10:30 #510 by FredHayek
Can you hold a political convention without delegates? Or do they just mail in their votes from "the great state of Maine, where the oceans are fertile and the lands robust".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds