Wuhan Virus Update

06 Oct 2020 08:33 #281 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wuhan Virus Update

ramage wrote: Hard data from Andrew Bostom, epidemiologist at Brown University.

Interesting data. Not only does it look like we know better how to treat it, but it appears this coronavirus is getting weaker, at least weaker for young people.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2020 10:39 #282 by FredHayek
Wow. Saw an interesting admission in the WSJ from Iran, 80% of their healthcare workers have Covid-19. They are shutting down the country again. It is one thing for developed countries like the US and Japan to shut down, financial aid gets sent to the unemployed. In the developing world, it means hunger.

06 Oct 2020 18:10 #283 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wuhan Virus Update

FredHayek wrote: Wow. Saw an interesting admission in the WSJ from Iran, 80% of their healthcare workers have Covid-19. They are shutting down the country again. It is one thing for developed countries like the US and Japan to shut down, financial aid gets sent to the unemployed. In the developing world, it means hunger.

How's Sweden doing after never shutting down? They should all be dead by now.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Oct 2020 12:10 #284 by FredHayek

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Wow. Saw an interesting admission in the WSJ from Iran, 80% of their healthcare workers have Covid-19. They are shutting down the country again. It is one thing for developed countries like the US and Japan to shut down, financial aid gets sent to the unemployed. In the developing world, it means hunger.

How's Sweden doing after never shutting down? They should all be dead by now.

Sweden did lock up their vulnerable. But unlike Cuomo, they didn't then move Covid-19 patients into those retirement communities.

14 Oct 2020 06:04 - 14 Oct 2020 06:05 #285 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
A good look at the CDC statistics for Colorado.
completecolorado.com 10/14/20

Dierenbach: State’s reaction to COVID is killing Coloradans
October 13, 2020 By Karl Dierenbach

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 438 Coloradans died from COVID between June 14 and September 26. Heartbreaking as that is, it is not the most catastrophic thing happening in Colorado. The worse tragedy is that in the same time period, at least 1,038 Coloradans have died from Colorado’s reaction to COVID.

That bears repeating: deaths from our reaction to COVID are outpacing COVID deaths by more than two to one.

Colorado is literally killing itself.

Regarding the source of my claim, the CDC compiles data concerning excess deaths happening across the country. “Excess deaths” are deaths above the CDC’s estimate of the number of deaths that are expected for a particular week. For example, CDC data shows that for the week of June 27, the average expected number of deaths for Colorado is 730. Yet in Colorado, we saw 885 deaths, or 155 “excess deaths.” That week, there were 23 COVID deaths, meaning there were 132 excess non-COVID fatalities.
Attachments:

14 Oct 2020 06:33 #286 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Wuhan Virus Update
I would normally be the first to jump on that bandwagon, but I see a problem. Excess deaths vs deaths related to Covid does not equate to deaths because of the response to Covid. More study would be needed to validate that claim but it is an interesting statistic. I fo know that there had been an uptick in heart related deaths that likely would have been easily treated but for people being afraid to go to the ER over Covid. I’ll try and find that article but do remember reading that a couple of months ago.

14 Oct 2020 06:47 #287 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
PER POLIS...we are now at 5 percent infection rate (increasing)...anything ABOVE 5 percent is not acceptable and he is warning we are going in the WRONG direction and will have to take action IF simple
routines are not being followed....THAT MEANS ANOTHER MANDATED MOVE COMING INTO THE HOLIDAYS....fyi Source The Colorado Sun....

14 Oct 2020 06:53 #288 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Wuhan Virus Update
Pony Solidier,
I strongly urge you to read the article in its entirity. The correlation between excess deaths and Covid-19 is well demonstrated.

For example, per the article:
The causes of the excess deaths include isolation, fear and despair.

As to isolation, the CDC data shows that over 200 of the non-COVID excess deaths are among Alzheimer’s and dementia sufferers, likely in long term care facilities where visits are restricted and they are denied physical contact with visitors. These patients benefit greatly from stimulation and without it, they can deteriorate quickly. Recently, residents at a nursing facility in Greeley, CO, protested their isolation. The protest included one resident holding up a sign saying, “I’d rather die of COVID than loneliness.”

14 Oct 2020 07:01 - 14 Oct 2020 07:02 #289 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wuhan Virus Update
coloradosun.com/2020/10/13/coronavirus-t..._ee=a%2FRVqlHFSBdyVE

POLIS presenting case......( see another shut down coming,IF students continue to purposely infect,so
that they can grab some cash....)

X out of pop up for article

14 Oct 2020 08:41 #290 by FredHayek
5% is huge. But I saw that Colorado has less than 500 patients in the hospital for Covid-19. Maybe the governor is overreacting? Looks like Europe's numbers are rising again. And vaccine trials are being halted. Maybe it is time to realize this infection will be with us for a long time. Has anyone ever made a successful vaccine for any Coronavirus? I don't think so.

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds