Hydroxychloroquine WILL Save US

06 Aug 2020 08:59 #171 by Pony Soldier
You say tat as if this is a new drug and hasn’t been prescribed all over the globe for decades...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2020 09:35 #172 by homeagain
NOT for this specific condition....the combo they are experimenting with is NOT standardized.(my understanding)

06 Aug 2020 10:57 - 06 Aug 2020 11:04 #173 by HEARTLESS
Yet another doctor questioning media coverage.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Aug 2020 12:42 #174 by homeagain
OH WOW...R U ready.....the speaker makes perfect sense...here's the problem. ASYMPTOMATIC
people who have NOT been tested (because the testing roll out is so-o screwed up)

Speaking from experience....my husband's golf partner (and wife) tested positive...she lost smell and
taste,had a low grade fever and fatigued,he just had what he thought was hay fever. He trace contacted
all he could think of...my husband got the call. We were fortunate, because SHE contacted the Health dept
direct and gave our names..they called,set the test up for the next morning. We did the deep dive nasal
swab and was told 7 to 10 days for results. IF she had not done that for us we would have had to go thru
hoops,doctors office,doctors slip.scheduling and THEN a test.

The GREAT nurse at the health dept said the results should come back in 4 to 5 days....Fri was the
test,got results back on Mon. am....Negative, BUT,here's the kicker....I was asking about testing in general
and she stated,she is seeing about 10 PERCENT of results are ASYMPTOMATIC....THAT MEANS
NO SYMPTOMS,but carry the virus and unwittingly pass it to others...THAT is a problem.

06 Aug 2020 15:06 #175 by HEARTLESS
More from the above doctor.

06 Aug 2020 16:28 #176 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: OH WOW...R U ready.....the speaker makes perfect sense...here's the problem. ASYMPTOMATIC
people who have NOT been tested (because the testing roll out is so-o screwed up)

Speaking from experience....my husband's golf partner (and wife) tested positive...she lost smell and
taste,had a low grade fever and fatigued,he just had what he thought was hay fever. He trace contacted
all he could think of...my husband got the call. We were fortunate, because SHE contacted the Health dept
direct and gave our names..they called,set the test up for the next morning. We did the deep dive nasal
swab and was told 7 to 10 days for results. IF she had not done that for us we would have had to go thru
hoops,doctors office,doctors slip.scheduling and THEN a test.

The GREAT nurse at the health dept said the results should come back in 4 to 5 days....Fri was the
test,got results back on Mon. am....Negative, BUT,here's the kicker....I was asking about testing in general
and she stated,she is seeing about 10 PERCENT of results are ASYMPTOMATIC....THAT MEANS
NO SYMPTOMS,but carry the virus and unwittingly pass it to others...THAT is a problem.

The asymptomatic spreading the virus is a huge problem. Reminds me of Typhoid Mary. So it makes the temperature screening currently popular only slightly useful.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Aug 2020 16:50 #177 by Pony Soldier
Do you understand that the reason it takes 7 to 10 days to get a result is that labs are so overwhelmed? I'm not sure what you expect the federal government to do about that. They did everything within their power to increase test availability and anyone who wants to can get tested. In 7 to 10 days of waiting for results, unless someone is sick, it is unlikely they will remain quarantined.

There have been some studies that I've read - not going to go search for them - that say that asymptomatic people don't transfer the virus. Something about virus load or some such. I don't really remember the specifics.

06 Aug 2020 16:56 - 06 Aug 2020 17:48 #178 by HEARTLESS
Do the tests even show active virus vs virus anti-bodies?

06 Aug 2020 20:59 #179 by ramage
First, to the question do the test show antibodies to the virus. No, unless it is a specific test for antibodies. Not often done
Second, HA, I trust that you and your husband quarantined yourselves until you got the result of the test. The test simply indicates that you do not show the virus in your body at the time of testing. Nothing more, nothing less. You tested on Friday, Your potential for acquiring the virus was no different from anyone else after that testing, you are back in the same population. You could very well have the virus right now, (as you pointed out there are asymptomatic people who harbour the virus.)
Third, the labs are overwhelmed primarily due to the fact that asymptomatic people are queuing for tests that they do not need.
Fourth, get the government out of the way. Let physicians practice medicine. Many prescribe HCQ, many do not, but don't stop me from ministering to my patients with the best of my knowledge.
Fifth, viruses have been present since the birth of mankind, they are not going away. Neither is cancer,
take care of your body as you see fit, not the government,

07 Aug 2020 13:01 #180 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Do you understand that the reason it takes 7 to 10 days to get a result is that labs are so overwhelmed? I'm not sure what you expect the federal government to do about that. They did everything within their power to increase test availability and anyone who wants to can get tested. In 7 to 10 days of waiting for results, unless someone is sick, it is unlikely they will remain quarantined.

There have been some studies that I've read - not going to go search for them - that say that asymptomatic people don't transfer the virus. Something about virus load or some such. I don't really remember the specifics.

bolded U misunderstood my post, the ORIGINAL quote was 7 to 10 days,the Health Dept person
IN THE KNOW,stated 4 or 5 days (going on to say they added another shift to clear away the backlog)it wa
over the weekend they must have cleared the back log because test was done on Fri am and results came back on Mon am....which I was extremely surprised about.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds