Hydroxychloroquine WILL Save US

15 Dec 2020 18:13 #201 by ramage
Don't know about millions but Risch says:

A Yale epidemiology professor says hydroxychloroquine, long touted by President Trump, could help save as many as 100,000 lives if used properly to treat COVID-19.

Dr. Harvey Risch if the anti-malaria drug were used more widely in the U.S., especially as a “prophylactic” for medical workers, anywhere from 75,000 to 100,000 Americans could be saved.
The reason the drug isn’t being used is really just part of a “propaganda war.”

“It’s a political drug now, not a medical drug,” Risch said on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham show this week. “I think we are basically fighting a propaganda war against the medical facts, and that colors not just population people, how they think about it, but doctors, as well.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2020 11:25 #202 by FredHayek
Really sad to see the Democrats and media combine to make Hydro look more dangerous and less effective than it actually is. Every medicine can be dangerous, depending on the person, dosage, and possible allergies, so health professionals are always making an educated judgement call on if it should be used.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Dec 2020 05:36 #203 by Pony Soldier
It would seem a lot smarter to take the HCQ rather than an experimental vaccine that has almost killed some of the people it has vaccinated so far. The virus has a 99.7% survival rate.

17 Dec 2020 12:16 #204 by hillfarmer
Please go ahead. I'll stick to science and take the vaccine. Good luck in your alternate reality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

17 Dec 2020 12:25 #205 by homeagain
Just as a history lesson....it took YEARS OF RESEARCH, TRIAL AND ERROR, to achieve a cocktail for
AIDS/HIV....i believe there is a "cocktail"...but it will take some time for it to be available

17 Dec 2020 13:52 #206 by driver8

hillfarmer wrote: Please go ahead. I'll stick to science and take the vaccine. Good luck in your alternate reality.

Ah, yea... the anti-truth, anti-science stance, I'll pass too. If HCQ was the best thing out there after trump pushed it, how come he was not treated with HCQ? He received REM-COV2 cocktail... that should be ramped up and made available to everyone who has a severe enough case.

If there was one thing trump could have done after his bout was to use the emergency powers of the DPA, this would have been it.

17 Dec 2020 16:26 #207 by Pony Soldier
denver.cbslocal.com/2020/12/15/grand-county-covid-deaths/

Covid kills! Especially if you have it when you get shot...

17 Dec 2020 17:31 #208 by ramage
Driver8,
President Trump did in fact take HCQ.

10 Jun 2021 08:59 #209 by ramage
[MedRxIV] […] “We found that when the cumulative doses of two drugs, HCQ and AZM, were above a certain level, patients had a survival rate 2.9 times the other patients,” the study’s conclusion states. Additionally, “By using causal analysis and considering of weight-adjusted cumulative dose, we prove the combined therapy, >3 g HCQ and > 1g AZM greatly increases survival in Covid patients on IMV and that HCQ cumulative dose > 80 mg/kg works substantially better.

These data do not yet apply to hospitalized patients not on IMV. Since those with higher doses of HCQ had higher doses of AZM, we cannot solely attribute the causal effect to HCQ/AZM combination therapy. However, it is likely AZM does contribute significantly to this increase in survival rate. Since higher dose HCQ/AZM therapy improves survival by nearly 200% in this population, the safety data are moot.” (link to study)

www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.28.21258012v1

The authors state:This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Then again, the Pfizer and Moderna medications have not been approved by the FDA. Only emergency use approval.

10 Jun 2021 09:14 #210 by FredHayek
Good to see the press apologize for their earlier articles against HQ. I wonder how many people died because the press wanted to make President Trump look like he was advocating dangerous treatments.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds