Hydroxychloroquine WILL Save US

21 May 2020 08:22 #131 by ramage
From NYPost.com 5/20/20

"“Cuomo mocked the president for this”[hydroxychloroquine] but “it turns out that Chris Cuomo took a less safe version of it called quinine, which the FDA removed from the market in 2006 because it had serious side effects, including death. So really interesting to have that criticism of the president.”

If you would like the "drug regimen" that Cuomo was on, please read the article in the Purist, written by his wife, Christina Cuomo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2020 11:20 #132 by homeagain
www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/articl...(20)31180-6/fulltext

EXTENSIVE study on use of the drug....does NOT manifest the miracle the king is making claim to.

It might be too long for this format use?

22 May 2020 15:09 #133 by ramage
I read this study earlier and have some comments.
1. This is a retrospective case analysis, gleaned from the medical records after the fact. 2. There is discussion as to the actual drug regimen of each patient. 3. There was no determination as to whether Zinc was also given to the patients. 4. As Dr Brix stated, today, the important thing to take away from this article is the linkage of co-morbidity and the virus
5. I found it interesting that the study included patients "We included all patients hospitalised between Dec 20, 2019, and April 14, 2020, at hospitals participating in the registry and with PCR-confirmed COVID-19 infection, for whom a clinical outcome of either hospital discharge or death during hospitalisation was recorded." The inference is that HCQ and AZ was given in December of 2019.

22 May 2020 19:56 - 22 May 2020 19:57 #134 by Pony Soldier
Some important facts about Covid-19:
Attachments:

23 May 2020 06:42 #135 by homeagain

ramage wrote: I read this study earlier and have some comments.
1. This is a retrospective case analysis, gleaned from the medical records after the fact. 2. There is discussion as to the actual drug regimen of each patient. 3. There was no determination as to whether Zinc was also given to the patients. 4. As Dr Brix stated, today, the important thing to take away from this article is the linkage of co-morbidity and the virus
5. I found it interesting that the study included patients "We included all patients hospitalised between Dec 20, 2019, and April 14, 2020, at hospitals participating in the registry and with PCR-confirmed COVID-19 infection, for whom a clinical outcome of either hospital discharge or death during hospitalisation was recorded." The inference is that HCQ and AZ was given in December of 2019.

Retrospective case analysis...isn't EVERYTHING in retrospect when collecting RECENT case DATED
May 20 ish and collection ending at the last of APRIL.....seems current to me.

AGAIN, we are newbies when trying to understand this current condition....52 card P.U....

23 May 2020 08:05 #136 by ramage
From your Lancet citation:
"We did a multinational registry analysis of the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19. "

A registry analysis is one in which the records are looked at after the fact, i.e. treatment has been given. That is what retrospective means, not that some of the records were from, last week, last month, or last year.
The defining element in this particular analysis is that of comparing outcomes after the therapy has been ended. There is no control over what, how much or when the drugs were given.

I hope that this clears up any confusion.

23 May 2020 08:42 #137 by homeagain

ramage wrote: From your Lancet citation:
"We did a multinational registry analysis of the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19. "

A registry analysis is one in which the records are looked at after the fact, i.e. treatment has been given. That is what retrospective means, not that some of the records were from, last week, last month, or last year.

The defining element in this particular analysis is that of comparing outcomes after the therapy has been ended. There is no control over what, how much or when the drugs were given.

I hope that this clears up any confusion.

bolded...after the fact....I understood that meaning. What was unclear to me was the methodology(
NOT a doc here).....was a z pak given( perhaps the medical term was included,however i was unable
to follow ALL med.terms.....) the med/research field has already confused the antibody testing numbers
tabulated (not correctly calculated....because of inclusive data that should NOT have been within the count)

SO.....THAT piece of info is inaccurate.....from reading the Lancet article...my takeaway was the trail/sampling had minimal effect/and in fact COULD be detrimental if underlying issues were present.

23 May 2020 13:49 #138 by ramage
I am sorry but it would be helpful if you would comment in complete sentences.

What does "was a z pak given( perhaps the medical term was included,however i was unable
to follow ALL med.terms.....) the med/research field has already confused the antibody testing numbers
tabulated (not correctly calculated....because of inclusive data that should NOT have been within the count)"

I really want to answer your questions but I have to understand what you are asking.

I ask this in your previous comment the following was stated and I interpreted "
Retrospective case analysis...isn't EVERYTHING in retrospect when collecting RECENT case DATED
May 20 ish and collection ending at the last of APRIL.....seems current to me."

as meaning that you desired to know what a registry analysis (retrospective) meant. The .... seems current to me, comment led me to make that assumption.

Sorry

23 May 2020 14:20 #139 by homeagain
www.cebm.net/covid-19/what-is-the-eviden...reatmetnof-covid-19/

I was referring to Azithromycin (z-pak,because it comes in bubble pack)....NOW I know MACROLIDE is
the same.....(NOT a doctor here).....plowing thru med literature is mind-melting.:huh:

27 May 2020 12:59 #140 by ScienceChic
Hmm, it seems that hydroxychloroquine isn't the panacea it was originally sold as by our president. I wonder who was profiting off of that push...?

France bans hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19
Reuters | May 27, 2020
PARIS, May 27 (Reuters) - The French government on Wednesday cancelled a decree allowing hospital doctors to administer hydroxychloroquine as a treatment to patients suffering severe forms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus.

The announcement comes two days after the World Health Organization said it was pausing a large trial of the malaria drug due to safety concerns.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds