Biden accomplishments

15 Mar 2021 18:46 #231 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments

homeagain wrote: OF COURSE, they were always going to be raised....the fiduciary responsibilities have been negligent
for a VERY LONG TIME....get over it.

You always confuse me HA. In one post you'll be happy that taxes are going up because it's our responsibility to give the government more money when they demand it. Then in another post you rightly complain about what the government does with that money. I guess being on both sides of an issue could be mentally soothing.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2021 19:11 #232 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden accomplishments
The infrastructure of the entire nation is decaying....past money did NOT address the issue,it has been
put on the back burner forever.....robbing peter to pay paul is NOT a splendid strategy...the reckoning is
here...or else U just might be riding across a bridge one day,on the way to dinner and find your car in mid air,
dropping to your death. check the stats on how dangerous most bridges ,over/under passes are. ACROSS
the nation. Sewer/water/gas pipes R not being replaced....at the bottom of list of items needing attention.

It is NOT that hard to foresee a disaster....we do it now or pay the price in maimed bodies and death.

15 Mar 2021 23:40 #233 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden accomplishments

homeagain wrote: The infrastructure of the entire nation is decaying

I recall an article in Barrons from about 40 years ago that says the same thing. IMO you have been trained like Pavlov's dogs. The more we spend the worse it gets, the more we spend.
Just like our public school system.

15 Mar 2021 23:50 #234 by Blazer Bob
Was I wrong?

Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments
Pony Soldier wrote: Blaming Trump for the immigration mess that Biden is clearly creating is like blaming the neighbors when your dog gets in your garbage. Biden created this mess. No amount of spin will undo that truth.

From where did you get this information that Biden is responsible for this mess?

Blazer Bob

It is on CNN.

16 Mar 2021 06:53 #235 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

I recall an article in Barrons from about 40 years ago that says the same thing. IMO you have been trained like Pavlov's dogs. The more we spend the worse it gets, the more we spend.

U just proved my point...IMAGE how much decay there is NOW....

16 Mar 2021 07:09 #236 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

I think Bob's point was to say that government wastes much of what they take from us and it's never enough. If that proves your point, are you saying we should be ok with giving the government as much as they demand even though it will not be spent wisely?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Mar 2021 07:19 - 16 Mar 2021 07:23 #237 by homeagain
Which Pres. was it that put people to work during the depression,building the Hoover Dam, providing jobs to the poor,while IMPROVING OUR NATIONS STATUS....thru rebuilding our infrastructure. I see the SAME
SCENARIO COULD be implemented today....the will/integrity/forward thinking MUST be apart of the present
day.....immigrants/AMERICAN citizens working side by side for the betterment of this country....(OH, I know
that is too utopian,right?)

(again in previewing the post it formats correctly,then breaks up...upon sending,this is frustrating,and I am not a tekkie)

16 Mar 2021 07:40 #238 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Which Pres. was it that put people to work during the depression,building the Hoover Dam, providing jobs to the poor,while IMPROVING OUR NATIONS STATUS....thru rebuilding our infrastructure. I see the SAME
SCENARIO COULD be implemented today....the will/integrity/forward thinking MUST be apart of the present
day.....immigrants/AMERICAN citizens working side by side for the betterment of this country....(OH, I know
that is too utopian,right?)

(again in previewing the post it formats correctly,then breaks up...upon sending,this is frustrating,and I am not a tekkie)

I would agree if we had intelligent people who cared more about the country than they did about keeping their power, but we don't. What we need is someone outside the political swamp that didn't go to Washington to get rich. We need someone who has built things and has created jobs... oh wait, we had... nevermind. What we have in office now is a guy who has been made rich by his political connections and hasn't accomplished anything meaningful for the country in almost half a century. This is the guy who is going to lead us on fixing our infrastructure? LOL, yeah, when our taxes get raised I'm sure that money will go to the right places.

George Orwell

16 Mar 2021 10:00 #239 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments

homeagain wrote: The infrastructure of the entire nation is decaying....past money did NOT address the issue,it has been
put on the back burner forever.....robbing peter to pay paul is NOT a splendid strategy...the reckoning is
here...or else U just might be riding across a bridge one day,on the way to dinner and find your car in mid air,
dropping to your death. check the stats on how dangerous most bridges ,over/under passes are. ACROSS
the nation. Sewer/water/gas pipes R not being replaced....at the bottom of list of items needing attention.

It is NOT that hard to foresee a disaster....we do it now or pay the price in maimed bodies and death.

The infrastructure is decaying because government regulation makes it so much more expensive to build and repair it.
One billion just doesn't buy what it used to. Plus so often the gas taxes that used to fund roads are stolen for other stuff.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Mar 2021 22:42 #240 by Blazer Bob
Rick is right. You find affirmation where there is none.

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

I think Bob's point was to say that government wastes much of what they take from us and it's never enough. If that proves your point, are you saying we should be ok with giving the government as much as they demand even though it will not be spent wisely?

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds