Biden accomplishments

06 Oct 2022 14:47 - 06 Oct 2022 14:49 #611 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Once again, I underestimate your ability to use sarcasm, Koobookie.
"Swearing Is Actually a Sign of More Intelligence – Not Less – Say Scientists

At first I thought that you were quoting the Babylon Bee but upon reading the article I find that the "scientists" are a group of psychologists at Marist University.
3 studies were done and they consisted of approximately 220 college students, total, , mean age 19.2 yrs, all psychology students at a liberal Catholic University. (As an aside, I wonder if they use this language in their English papers?). Perhaps they should have studied the use of "whatever" and "you know".
You have to love their finding that : Speakers who use taboo words understand their general expressive content as well as nuanced distinctions that must be drawn to use slurs appropriately. The ability to make nuanced.
When your children or grandchildren tell you to F**k Off, don't forget that they are expressing a nuanced distinction.
doi.org/10.1016/j.langsci.2014.12.003
Taboo word fluency and knowledge of slurs and general pejoratives: deconstructing the poverty-of-vocabulary myth

It is important to go to the actual article being referenced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2022 15:09 #612 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
President Biden has pardoned those in federal prison for simple Marijuana possession.
Do the Feds even prosecute for simple Marijuana possession anymore?
Wouldn't these normally be pled out?

Joe Biden should have instead decriminalized pot, allowing medicinal and recreational sale at the federal level, but let states and cities continue to ban it if they wanted to.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Oct 2022 15:17 #613 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments

Researchers at the University of Rochester asked 1000 people about 400 separate behaviours.

The scientists discovered those with higher intellects were more likely to swear, eat spicy breakfasts and walk around the house naked, reports the Independent.

www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/wellb...ign-of-intelligence/

You suppose Quick Joe walks around the White House naked?

06 Oct 2022 15:18 #614 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: President Biden has pardoned those in federal prison for simple Marijuana possession.
Do the Feds even prosecute for simple Marijuana possession anymore?
Wouldn't these normally be pled out?

Joe Biden should have instead decriminalized pot, allowing medicinal and recreational sale at the federal level, but let states and cities continue to ban it if they wanted to.

How could Biden have decriminalized marijuana?

I think this is a positive action Biden has taken. Good for him. I guess he is smart.

06 Oct 2022 15:47 - 06 Oct 2022 16:57 #615 by ramage
Well we do know that Dr. Jill promotes breakfast tacos, and they are spicy and she feeds him. www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics/jill-bid...ast-tacos/index.html
Slo Joe likes to swim nude with female Secret Service around the pool, www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whi...e-agents-book-claims
And as previously noted he like to use vulgar slang.

No question that those 3 criteria are a sign of superior intellect. Again I applaud your sarcasm, Koobookie.
However,
you get demerits for your reference to an article that does not identify the "scientists" and further that the article cites "the Independent" as its source and if one goes to that article one gets referred to the Journal of Personality and Individual Difference which does not open rather a Gateway Error 504 is encountered. Who are these "scientists"?
One expects more from Koobookie who seems to get upset that Fred or Rick do not read her citations. Pop medicine, such as, scienceAlert, netdoctor, The Independent medical articles, do not cut it.
Attached is the picture from The Indendepent article that your netdoctor referenced. Could this be the author?
Attachments:

06 Oct 2022 15:52 #616 by koobookie
Attachments:

15 Oct 2022 20:57 #617 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
Here it is folks, the most incoherent sentence spoken by a president in US history. Enjoy!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Oct 2022 23:32 #618 by ramage
The following are some of Slo Joe's entries into the most incoherent statement made by him. the author points out that this are malapropisms, not necessarily incoherent.

www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/09/the...en_malapropisms.html

We all know what a "Bidenism" is — any dumb thing President Biden says or does. A Bidenism can be any verbal tic, spastic stutter, or lie. "Malapropisms" are in a subset of the larger subject of Bidenisms. Malapropisms occur when Biden misuses a word, using a word that means something very different from what he really wanted to say.

And so here they are — the Malapropisms of August. All dialogue guaranteed verbatim, and I can provide time-stamped video links to every single one of these.

...they're spending the most powerful message to their families...
...Our own Department of Energy pioneered and transformed the battery industry, where Barack and I w-w-went into offer, when we were in office...
...Jill & I would never have thought, we'd have to join you, the Capitol Rotunda, not once but twice. Once, to iron — to honor Officer Brian Sicknick, who lost his life...
...Those of us been around a while, we knew his dad, knew his dad well. He was Secretary a the United States — Sergeant-at-Arms in the United States Senate...
...It's a pandemic of the unvaccinated I know I've said that constantly, and others have as well. The vaxation of the unvaccinated...
...Thank you, man; you're a helluvan assalete...
...Hi-speed Internet — gonna be available and affordable everywhere, to everyone, so farmers nationwide can get the breast prices for their products at home and abroad...
...We started off the intercontinental railroad, in the late eighteen hunerds; all all kidding aside, we leak the coast...
...That's why, I've instructed the Federal Drug Administration to get these genetic drugs to consumers...
Cleaning up and calfing capping the orphan wells.
We've trapped uh we've tapped additional aircraft from the Department of Defense.
...My national security team and I have been closely monitoring the situation on the ground in Afghanistan and moving quickly to execute the plans we had put in place to respond to every constituency, including — and contingency — including the rapid collapse we're seeing now...
...Like their fellow brothers and sisters, who've died, defending our vision and our values, and the struggle against terrorism, of the fall on this day, they're part of a great, noble company of American heroes

17 Oct 2022 09:11 #619 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
LOL, I guess there’s too many to count at this point.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2022 22:34 #620 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
President Biden could have decriminalized marijuana. He controls the executive branch and told federal police forces to not arrest people for any pot offenses.

Instead, incoherent President Biden emptied the strategic petroleum reserve in an attempt to win a midterm election while we are fighting a proxy war with Russia. #inexcusable

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.637 seconds