Biden accomplishments

20 Sep 2022 08:18 #571 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
I want to increase legal immigration, let's give opportunities to immigrants from all over the world who can help America. Legal immigrants are job creators, opening small businesses that create jobs for native born Americans

I don't want President Biden dispersing 400,000 plus illegal immigrants all over the nation. If he wants to increase immigration, bring a bill before congress, don't hide what you are doing. Why the cover up?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2022 08:39 #572 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments

FredHayek wrote: I want to increase legal immigration, let's give opportunities to immigrants from all over the world who can help America. Legal immigrants are job creators, opening small businesses that create jobs for native born Americans

I don't want President Biden dispersing 400,000 plus illegal immigrants all over the nation. If he wants to increase immigration, bring a bill before congress, don't hide what you are doing. Why the cover up?

Can you provide reputable facts that show 400,000 illegal immigrants are being dispersed throughout the nation?

I hope you know that the majority of the 50 migrants that were shipped to MV, were seeking asylum. I also hope you know that, regardless of the method of entry (legal or illegal), those asking for asylum are allowed to move through our country until their asylum case is decided. Therefore, they are here legally.

It's a wonderful bogeyman that the Republicans trot out before every election. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! THEY'RE BRINGING CRIME! THEY WILL RAPE YOUR DAUGHTERS! Please don't fall for the rhetoric.

20 Sep 2022 09:13 #573 by koobookie
Here's a fact check about the "Biden flying immigrants" claim.

www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/mar/1...migrants-us-cities-/

The federal government transports adult detainees in its custody from one facility to another, or from one U.S. city to another during deportation proceedings.

The vast majority of people on the flights are unaccompanied minors who crossed the border, requested asylum under immigration law, and are being released from federal custody to a parent or sponsor.

Some of these flights happen at night, but they are not covert operations. The same types of flights were done by the Trump administration.

It even has sources!

Our Sources

Meta, Tyler Kistner ad on flying illegal immigrants, started running Feb. 22, 2022; active as of March 15, 2022

PolitiFact, "No proof of immigrant drop-offs in Charlotte suburb," Feb. 8, 2022

Washington Post Fact Checker, "Claims of ‘ghost flights’ of ‘illegal immigrants’ don’t add up," Feb. 4, 2022

WHYY, "Pa. GOP primary candidates warn of immigrant ‘ghost flights,’ but lack facts and context," Jan. 14, 2022

Interview, Nicole Hallett, associate clinical professor of law and director of the Immigrants’ Rights Clinic at the University of Chicago Law School, March 11, 2022

Interview, Fatma Marouf, professor of law and director of the Immigrant Rights Clinic at Texas A&M University School of Law, March 14, 2022

Email, Michelle Mittelstadt, spokesperson for the Migration Policy Institute, March 11, 2022

Los Angeles Times, "Title 42 explained: The obscure public health policy at the center of a U.S. border fight," Oct. 25, 2021

CNN, "DeSantis claims Biden running 'clandestine' flights to send migrants to Florida, but the routine transport also occurred under Trump," Nov. 17, 2021

Fox News, "ICE to hire contractor to transport 225,000 migrants to shelters across the US," May 18, 2019

New York Times, "Trump Administration Flying Migrants Out of Texas to Ease Overcrowding at Border," May 17, 2019

Immigration Impact, "Biden’s ‘Secret’ Flights of Migrants Debunked as a Routine Part of the US Immigration System," Feb. 2, 2022

Email, White House spokesperson Vedant Patel, March 15, 2022

The White House, "Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, October 19, 2021," Oct. 19, 2021

So can we stop with the "Biden is flying 400,000 illegal immigrants in the dead of night" lie?

20 Sep 2022 10:41 #574 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
Two million have illegally crossed this year… where did they go and where should they go?

If I gave you fact checkers from Fox, would you believe them? All of you tact checkers have been proven to be biased to one side, therefore they are unreliable.

The way you know they are unreliable is because they fact checked every word that came out of Trump’s mouth yet refuse to fact check Biden’s DAILY lies and disinformation.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Sep 2022 10:59 #575 by koobookie
First, how do "they" know two million have entered illegally? Who did the counting? If they were counted, why weren't the illegals apprehended? Were they detained? How did they cross? If detained, were they deported? (Remember, in the first 18 months of this administration, over 1.7 million were deported.)

Second, do you know if those who entered this country were seeking asylum? If so, then they are here with documents and aren't "illegal."

Third, no, I will not accept any fact checking from FOX for the most obvious of reasons. You should also not accept anything from FOX.

Fourth, what are your sources for fact checking? Can you show me what it is about politifact that makes you doubt them? Did you read the politifact article and check their sources?

20 Sep 2022 12:29 #576 by FredHayek
See the danger here. She refuses to accept any fact checking from right wing media. So left wing media can continue to sit on stories to protect their political allies, the DNC.
She doubts that 2 million illegal aliens have crossed the border because her approved sources refuse to report on the numbers.
Please google Democrat politicians in Texas who say the large number of border crossings have overwhelmed the small communities on the border.

20 Sep 2022 12:35 #577 by FredHayek
President Biden in a 60 Minute interview promised to defend Taiwan with US servicemen.

The White House the next day said the US is not treaty bound to defend Taiwan.

In that same interview, Joe said the Covid-19 pandemic was over.
The White House later said it wasn't and that the President still needed the emergency powers he obtained during the pandemic.

Will America ever be able to bridge the gulf between President Biden and his White House team?

20 Sep 2022 12:43 #578 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: See the danger here. She refuses to accept any fact checking from right wing media. So left wing media can continue to sit on stories to protect their political allies, the DNC.
She doubts that 2 million illegal aliens have crossed the border because her approved sources refuse to report on the numbers.
Please google Democrat politicians in Texas who say the large number of border crossings have overwhelmed the small communities on the border.

Please tell me, Fred, what sources I should trust to fact check.

20 Sep 2022 16:45 #579 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Well, whom ever is in charge, evidently not Uncle Brandon (Slo Joe) has decided that the emergency rules under which Covid rules have been issued will not be put to bed in spite of the that that Uncle Brandon had stated twice during his interview with CBS that the pandemic was over.

Was this decision made by "DR" Jill, Klain. Harris, perhaps Fauci?

20 Sep 2022 19:34 #580 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: See the danger here. She refuses to accept any fact checking from right wing media. So left wing media can continue to sit on stories to protect their political allies, the DNC.

Please tell me, Fred, what sources I should trust to fact check.

Go to the US Border Guard's own website, 157,000 crossings, just in one month, an increase of 2.2 percent over Biden's numbers last year,.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds