Biden accomplishments

17 Sep 2022 09:03 #561 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments
and let's be clear, Rick. That statement, made during a Democratic debate prior to his Presidency, was not an invitation for illegal immigration, it was not a declaration of open borders. It was an invitation for those seeking asylum. It was an invitation, similar to what is written on the tablet of the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It's not an invitation for unfettered or unregulated immigration. It's that we, as a nation, are built on immigrants and are a nation of immigrants. We should acknowledge that fact and, perhaps, celebrate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2022 08:47 #562 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden accomplishments

koobookie wrote:

Please, tell me what the Biden administration has done to open the borders. Be specific.

duckduckgo.com/?q=biden+reversal+of+trum...ration+policy&ia=web

18 Sep 2022 09:05 #563 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
I’m not sure you fully understand human nature Koobookie. As a father and husband, I would do anything for my family, including lying to get them to a better place. This country is not as horrible and racist as the Democrats who like us all to believe, thats why people from all over the world risk everything to get here. But we can’t have a country if we continue to let everyone in this way. We’ve taken in almost 5 million since Biden took over and there’s probably millions more we didn’t see.

I tried to answer your questions and I’d just like you to answer one for me.

Can you think of any other country in the world that is allowing or has allowed millions of people to enter without going through its legal process?

If you can’t think of another country that has done this, can you at least acknowledge that there must be limits to how many poor people we can take in since we don’t have unlimited resources to take care of them?

The super wealthy Martha’s Vineyard couldn’t even handle 50 migrants. The video of those rich white Democrats smiling and waving as the immigrants were taken off their island told the whole story vety clearly. They are all for letting everyone on, just as long as it’s not like their neighborhoods.

I wonder how willing the mostly white mountain towns of Colorado would be to bring in bus loads of needy migrants?

Uncontrolled illegal immigration will take down a country, which is why every country in the world doesn’t allow it, except for ours apparently.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Sep 2022 05:58 #564 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
President Biden went off script last night to 60 Minutes and declared the pandemic was over. Will the White House walk back his comments today? The government has used Covid-19 as an excuse to spend a bunch of money they don't have.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Sep 2022 12:11 #565 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Can you think of any other country in the world that is allowing or has allowed millions of people to enter without going through its legal process?

What country actually does this? The migrants that were shipped to MV were asylum seekers, mainly from Venezuela. They were processed and are now here legally until their asylum applications are decided.

Rick wrote: If you can’t think of another country that has done this, can you at least acknowledge that there must be limits to how many poor people we can take in since we don’t have unlimited resources to take care of them?

No.

America was built on immigration. You want to close the door on that? Immigrants will pay their way, doing jobs that Americans currently don't want to do. They will contribute to the tax base and SS. They will spend money to shore up the economy. That's America, Rick. That's capitalism. You seem to think that they are just going to sit around and get fat off government programs, but that's not the case. They want to work. They want to succeed.

Rick wrote: The super wealthy Martha’s Vineyard couldn’t even handle 50 migrants. The video of those rich white Democrats smiling and waving as the immigrants were taken off their island told the whole story vety clearly. They are all for letting everyone on, just as long as it’s not like their neighborhoods.

False. The people of MV opened up and took care of those people while it was being decided what to do to further help them. Where do you hear these lies?
And the irony - you accuse the MV people of NIMBY, while that's exactly what you are doing to those seeking a better life trying to come to our country.

I've answered your question. Now tell me what Uncle Brandon has done to open the borders. Be specific.

19 Sep 2022 13:17 #566 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Uncle Brandon = Slo Joe ?

19 Sep 2022 16:31 #567 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
The pandemic is over.

So says Uncle Brandon , as stated in his" 60 Minutes." interview. Slo Joe, however, was not asked if the emergency powers given to the Executive will no longer be necessary.

19 Sep 2022 18:34 #568 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments

koobookie wrote: and let's be clear, Rick. That statement, made during a Democratic debate prior to his Presidency, was not an invitation for illegal immigration, it was not a declaration of open borders. It was an invitation for those seeking asylum. It was an invitation, similar to what is written on the tablet of the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It's not an invitation for unfettered or unregulated immigration. It's that we, as a nation, are built on immigrants and are a nation of immigrants. We should acknowledge that fact and, perhaps, celebrate it.

Biden is constantly walking back statements his mouth makes, but too late, it was splashed across Latin America and now record numbers keep streaming in. At least President Obama sent them back. President Biden secretly sends them on midnight flights around America.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Sep 2022 08:04 #569 by koobookie
Did you know, Fred, that from 1892 to 1954, nearly 12 million immigrants came through Ellis Island as part of their journey to the United States, and from 1900 to 1924, the Great Hall was filled with as many as 5000 new arrivals a day? My grandparents were among them.

On Saturday, Attorney General Merrick Garland administered the oath of allegiance to 200 immigrants in the Great Hall at Ellis Island. That is inspiring! Perhaps you should read his speech.
www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-gene...egiance-and-delivers
Here's a snippet:

Just now, each of you took an oath of allegiance to the United States. In so doing, you took your place alongside generations who came before you, many through this very building, seeking protection, freedom, and opportunity.

This country – your country – wholeheartedly welcomes you.

I know that you have made sacrifices in order to be here today. You should be proud of all you have accomplished. I am proud of you.

You have made the decision to become Americans not only at an important time in our country’s history, but on an important day.

It was 235 years ago on this day, September 17, 1787, that 39 delegates to the Constitutional Convention representing 12 states signed their names to the Constitution of the United States.

Like you, those who signed the Constitution were relatively new Americans. In fact, America had only existed for 11 years at that point.

Like you, those Americans had great hopes for their own future – and for the future of their new country.

Our country is built on immigration, yet you seem to be afraid of it. Can you not see the value of those who want to come to our great country? Why are you afraid of those who want to come to our nation in search of a better life?

20 Sep 2022 08:09 #570 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Biden is constantly walking back statements his mouth makes, but too late, it was splashed across Latin America and now record numbers keep streaming in. At least President Obama sent them back. President Biden secretly sends them on midnight flights around America.

Another thing you you apparently did not know, Fred -

The Biden administration continues to turn migrants back under Title 42 and has resumed working with Central American countries to stem the violence that is sparking people to flee. In nine months, the Trump administration expelled more than 400,000 people under Title 42; in Biden’s first 18 months, his administration expelled 1.7 million people.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds