Biden accomplishments

21 Sep 2022 07:17 #581 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: Please tell me, Fred, what sources I should trust to fact check.

Go to the US Border Guard's own website, 157,000 crossings, just in one month, an increase of 2.2 percent over Biden's numbers last year,.

Can you at least provide a link?

Then tell me what other sources I should trust to fact check, i.e., what are your sources that tell you the truth. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2022 09:28 #582 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
No, I refuse to coddle the ignorant who can't figure out Google.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Sep 2022 09:34 #583 by koobookie
So, no, you don't have any sources that you use to fact check news stories. You just use your bias?

21 Sep 2022 10:15 #584 by FredHayek
I read the Denver Post and the Wall Street Journal every morning and post about subjects I find interesting. If you are unread and not up to date on the news, you might want to consider doing this too.

Do you consider the Denver Post biased? Or the WSJ?

21 Sep 2022 10:20 #585 by koobookie
So, your sources to fact check stories are the WSJ & Denver Post?

21 Sep 2022 12:42 #586 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
Anyone who relies on media “fact” checkers should really consider the fact that these people all have biases.., they are no different than you and me. In fact, they use the same tactics used on this board.

If I post something potentially negative about Biden, the answer to my question almost always includes the name Donald Trump. I’ve seen that a lot and will find an example… BRB

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Sep 2022 12:54 - 21 Sep 2022 12:57 #587 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
This from Politifact that is fact checking whether or not the Biden’s have been making money from China in unethical or illegal ways. Remember, this is a fact check about the Biden family and should have nothing to do about Trump if they are truly just interested in facts.

Critics say that the Trump family’s financial entanglements are at least as problematic, if not more so, than the Biden’s’.

“Critics say”… first.of all, Trump’s critics are half of the country that may or may not have active brain cells. Does that really seem like a good source to trust?

www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/19/f...er-biden-joe-biden-/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Sep 2022 16:00 #588 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Anyone who relies on media “fact” checkers should really consider the fact that these people all have biases.., they are no different than you and me. In fact, they use the same tactics used on this board.

If I post something potentially negative about Biden, the answer to my question almost always includes the name Donald Trump. I’ve seen that a lot and will find an example… BRB

So, why are we even having any discussion? Nobody can put aside their biases and be objective? Just because a registered democrat wrote an journalistic article, will you immediately dismiss it because you think they can't be impartial?

When we are having a discussion here, are you trying to change my mind, or is more of a gotcha thing? Are you really interested in talking about current issues, or do you just want to denigrate the other side - you know, to own the libs?

22 Sep 2022 08:54 #589 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Slo Joe is adept at "Let me hold your coat, while you fight", as in Ukraine. But he outdid himself on Armenian Independence Day , when he said that the U.S. will support Armenia's sovereignty and security , while, in June, he waived the prohibition on arms shipments to Azerbaijan.

22 Sep 2022 09:01 #590 by FredHayek
At one time newspapers were proud and partisan, sometimes they even had the party name on their front page, like the Park County Republican.

Now they pretend to be non-partisan but since most journalists are proud Democrats, you have to wonder which stories they are attracted to cover. Like the story about how a Democrat killed a young Republican because of his beliefs? Didn't see that one in the Left leaning Denver Post this morning so I wouldn't be able to provide an adequate source for K and she could deny it even happened.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds