When Do You Call This a Crisis?

19 Mar 2021 07:19 #1 by Rick
If you don't think the surge of illegal immigrants is a crisis yet, tell me how many more people would take to become one? I'm just curious what Biden supporters think about his policy and the incentives he gave for this to happen.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2021 07:42 #2 by homeagain
The crisis is GLOBAL....migration patterns R predominate every where....some because of climate change, some because of political chaos and life threatening circumstances...it is the nature of ALL people to seek a better life for their children/self......the drug cartels have over ruled governments and it WILL get worse.

Our pathway to citizenship has degraded thru the years...it is NOW almost impossible to "make it thru the system"...so, as ANYONE would...seeking a better life,by what ever means possible,is now the goal.

Does that make it right,NO....but I understand it.....desperation drives survival. YES WE R IN CRISIS,
how we manage that crisis is the trillion dollar question.

19 Mar 2021 09:13 #3 by homeagain
www.cnet.com/how-to/biden-immigration-re...n-cards-citizenship/

I do not know what the status is...BUT, it is piecemeal and that is part of the problem

19 Mar 2021 09:45 #4 by Pony Soldier
I’m not sure if anyone has realized it yet but we are bankrupt as a country. The federal government over the past 18 months has spent close to 6 trillion dollars. This is more than can be covered by simple bond sales to raise money (if any other country would even be stupid enough to buy them). The only place this money is coming from is the printing presses. It’s Monopoly money. Our entire GDP is only 20 trillion. Our debt is going to be at 30 trillion very soon under the fine leadership that is currently in place. There isn’t any possibility that tax increases could cover this even if they worked as advertised and increased revenue. (It has been proven over and over that lowering taxes increases revenue). The only way we had out of this mess was to fire the economy up to record proportions and work our way out. That was the direction we were going under the last administration but this administration seems to be out to kill the economy. Bringing in millions of immigrants when we are beyond crisis mode is stupidity of the highest order. It is only being dry one as a voter drive obviously. Even some of the useless republicans decided it would be ok. We are so screwed as a nation and we had one small chance at getting it right but we let it slip away. Propaganda did its job well.

19 Mar 2021 10:03 #5 by FredHayek
Expect the crisis at the border to ease as the pandemic winds down and both travel and the economy return to normal. Companies are trying to become less dependent on Chinese goods, so expect more factories to be built in Latin America.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Mar 2021 19:10 #6 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: The crisis is GLOBAL....migration patterns R predominate every where....some because of climate change, some because of political chaos and life threatening circumstances...it is the nature of ALL people to seek a better life for their children/self......the drug cartels have over ruled governments and it WILL get worse.

Our pathway to citizenship has degraded thru the years...it is NOW almost impossible to "make it thru the system"...so, as ANYONE would...seeking a better life,by what ever means possible,is now the goal.

Does that make it right,NO....but I understand it.....desperation drives survival. YES WE R IN CRISIS,
how we manage that crisis is the trillion dollar question.

www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/us/border-migrant-teens/index.html

HEAR THE STORIES in their own words.....Guatemala.Hurricanes,relatives here...struggling to reach them,BETTER LIFE

19 Mar 2021 19:41 #7 by Blazer Bob
I will remember that if anyone ever asks me why people world over have wanted to come first and foremost to this country for decades. I have always wondered about that in light of our founding on the backs of slaves and our reputation as a nation of white supremacists.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carrie

19 Mar 2021 21:05 #8 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote: I will remember that if anyone ever asks me why people world over have wanted to come first and foremost to this country for decades. I have always wondered about that in light of our founding on the backs of slaves and our reputation as a nation of white supremacists.

Good point, that's just the media's picture of this country and they've convinced half of us. The rest of the world knows how well our system has work and how many lives have been lifted from poverty.

Sadly these people are showing up at the wrong time... these leftists are steering us to the rocks and the opportunities will be very very hard to find. But that's ok, we'll just print more money take care of anyone who can cross that border.

Oh yeah, looks like the geniuses in the dementia administration may be flying illegals to the Northern border to process them. LOL, think about that one for a minute. I wonder is Canada will fortify their border a bit?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Mar 2021 08:08 #9 by homeagain
''JUST PRINT MORE MONEY"......THAT is the m.o. of our government....nothing new,2008 was the
"mother" of all monetary moves.

20 Mar 2021 08:12 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: ''JUST PRINT MORE MONEY"......THAT is the m.o. of our government....nothing new,2008 was the
"mother" of all monetary moves.

Not the point. The point is that we can't afford to feel, house, and educate the world's poor since we are basically bankrupt but won't admit it yet.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds