When Do You Call This a Crisis?

22 Mar 2021 10:14 #21 by Pony Soldier
Even democrats are now saying Biden blew it. Kids in cages part 2. Trump ended the policy. Obama and Biden embrace it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2021 12:25 #22 by FredHayek
Democrats expected to turn Texas blue by allowing illegals in and giving amnesty to DACA kids. But it has gone the other way, border counties are tired of being engulfed by illegal immigrants so traditional Democrat districts are becoming Republican strongholds.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Mar 2021 13:33 #23 by ramage
My comment could certainly be appropriate for several of the threads.

It is time to stop looking at our goverment as either democrat or republican. What e have is a uniparty of elitists who "know better"., thus they established an administrave state It has been in existence for many years and only when there is an "outsider" in the White House does it become apparent. Until Trump , there was only Eisenhower. In spite of their best efforts the administrative state prevailed.

As mentioned in another thread, sometime ago, Congress has abrogated its role as defined by the
constitution. Can there be a better example of this an executive branch being run by a cabal of elitists than the Biden administration. (If you would like to offer the Wilson Administration, I'll be happy tp debate.). The void has been filled with the professional administrator.
We argue over the trees but fail to see the forest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison, Blazer Bob

22 Mar 2021 18:43 #24 by Rick

ramage wrote: My comment could certainly be appropriate for several of the threads.

It is time to stop looking at our goverment as either democrat or republican. What e have is a uniparty of elitists who "know better"., thus they established an administrave state It has been in existence for many years and only when there is an "outsider" in the White House does it become apparent. Until Trump , there was only Eisenhower. In spite of their best efforts the administrative state prevailed.

As mentioned in another thread, sometime ago, Congress has abrogated its role as defined by the
constitution. Can there be a better example of this an executive branch being run by a cabal of elitists than the Biden administration. (If you would like to offer the Wilson Administration, I'll be happy tp debate.). The void has been filled with the professional administrator.

Great points. I don't know how we will ever get another president outside the elite swamp unless they are another billionaire who can afford to fight the made up attacks. With a few more years under her belt and some strong backers, I think Candice Owens would destroy anyone in her path on a debate stage, plus she couldn't be punished for her gender or skin color.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2021 07:19 #25 by Rick
The Biden administration says they haven't let reporters in to see the kids in cages because of Covid. Do any of you believe that?

On a related note a reporter asked Harris is she was going to visit the border and she said...

"Not today, ha ha ha ha, I have before and I'm sure I will again".

She has a bad habit of laughing at the wrong time.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2021 07:51 #26 by FredHayek
Agree. She has a bad habit of laughing when she doesn't have a good answer. The Press Secretary does the same thing and will also add rolling her eyes. Hopefully they are getting this coached out of them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Mar 2021 09:52 #27 by homeagain
See thread....36%...1%...1.75 billion......it would be a place to start. A FAIRSHARE would alleviate some
of the problem.

23 Mar 2021 10:02 #28 by Pony Soldier
You do realize that a flat tax would greatly benefit the people in that article, don’t you? The top 1% of earners pay most of the taxes while the bottom 50% pay almost nothing.

23 Mar 2021 11:04 #29 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I’m not sure if anyone has realized it yet but we are bankrupt as a country. The federal government over the past 18 months has spent close to 6 trillion dollars. This is more than can be covered by simple bond sales to raise money (if any other country would even be stupid enough to buy them). The only place this money is coming from is the printing presses. It’s Monopoly money. Our entire GDP is only 20 trillion. Our debt is going to be at 30 trillion very soon under the fine leadership that is currently in place. There isn’t any possibility that tax increases could cover this even if they worked as advertised and increased revenue. (It has been proven over and over that lowering taxes increases revenue). The only way we had out of this mess was to fire the economy up to record proportions and work our way out. That was the direction we were going under the last administration but this administration seems to be out to kill the economy. Bringing in millions of immigrants when we are beyond crisis mode is stupidity of the highest order. It is only being dry one as a voter drive obviously. Even some of the useless republicans decided it would be ok. We are so screwed as a nation and we had one small chance at getting it right but we let it slip away. Propaganda did its job well.

I am NOT a financial guru,however the article posted is applicable to the problem and seems to
be at odds with your assessment

23 Mar 2021 11:27 #30 by homeagain

ramage wrote: My comment could certainly be appropriate for several of the threads.

OMG....we agree on the bolded....BOTH parties R useless and as I have stated before, we need a do over,
that is total and final....The Forth Turning.....

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds