When Do You Call This a Crisis?

23 Mar 2021 13:54 #31 by ramage
Somewhere in this forum I noted that Biden would keep us at war in Afghanistan, the other day he did an interview with ABC, when asked about the troop withdrawl that Trump had negotiated he responded that troops where going. to stay because the terms were poorly negotiated and our allies hadn't been consulted. The troops staying is, Trump's fault;
I guess I shoud have posted this in "Biden's accomlishments".
On the bright side he is reconstituting the War Department, dissolved under Truman in 1947. In a show of bipartisanship, Liz Cheney is to be its first Secretary of War.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2021 13:19 #32 by FredHayek
President Biden had his first press conference today. He didn't seem to offer any answers to the crisis on the border. Hopefully he will assign more capable minds than his to this problem.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2021 20:29 #33 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: President Biden had his first press conference today. He didn't seem to offer any answers to the crisis on the border. Hopefully he will assign more capable minds than his to this problem.

I hope he didn't promise to be the most transparent administration ever. He was asked when reporters could go into the buildings and chain link cages. His answer was that he really just didn't know. Would someone please tell me why this is acceptable and that Trump wouldn't have been destroyed by the press (more than usual)?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2021 10:36 #34 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.migrationpolicy.org/article/borders-...GEAAYAiAAEgJJbfD_BwE

I CAN post a picture of a severed piece of wall,cut thru and thru,bars eliminated for a body to pass thru.

THE COST OF BUILDING SUPPLIES has gone up dramatically....I'm plugged into the fact, because houses are going up left and right and my neighbor works at Home Depot (an ex builder)...ALSO I have spoken to the builder who has bought the parcels,defunct in my subdivision.....LUMBER,for an example,has tripled in cost,
the "just in time"supply chain has LARGE voids.back orders for parts are HUGE...my brother owns a
repair business (30 years now),,,he says ORDERING PARTS is a nightmare because of shutdowns overseas (covid)....he can get one part here and one part there,etc.when he was able to get COMPLETE
ORDERS FROM ONE COMPANY,.......sorry I am NOT gas lighting U.

www.washingtonpost.com/national/smuggler...ed29ca6ef_story.html

admitting it was a flawed plan is hard I know...BUT where there is a WILL THERE IS A WAY and the will
of immigrants is hard as steel....they WILL COME.

AND NOW......more supply chain crisis.....

www.wsj.com/articles/whats-wrong-with-gl...ects-you-11616763749

Sub. required,but U can get the picture of a perfect storm......

27 Mar 2021 09:09 #35 by FredHayek
Another good thing/bad thing problem to have. As the economy heats up, you will have supply shortages. Sure, it is frustrating to deal with, and it will probably cause some inflation as a large pool of money chases a small pool of goods, but expect this to even out soon as more employers start hiring. Been reading about wages going up in national restaurant chains like Darden.

If there are problems getting enough labor to build the Biden/Harris concentration camps, maybe they should use the illegal aliens themselves to build them?
It would give them something to do during the day, they could learn new trades too for when President Biden eventually creates a new executive order giving them amnesty.

27 Mar 2021 09:57 #36 by ramage
Fred,
Your comment is more along the lines of Jonathan Swift, rather than O’Henry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

27 Mar 2021 13:03 #37 by FredHayek
:silly: Team Biden has appointed VP Kamala Harris to handle the situation on the border. Great choice, she has decades of experience locking up people for truancy and smoking pot.

27 Mar 2021 14:29 #38 by homeagain
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
Margaret Thatcher

27 Mar 2021 16:36 #39 by Rick

homeagain wrote: "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
Margaret Thatcher

Do you agree with most of Margaret Thatcher's quotes or just this one? I always thought the best person for a job was based on that person's expertise, not what's between their legs. I know that's old fashioned talk, but I'm sticking with it because it's 100% accurate.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Mar 2021 06:58 #40 by homeagain
hat is Margaret Thatcher known for?
She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her the "Iron Lady", a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Margaret_Thatcher
Search for: What is Margaret Thatcher known for?
What were the main features of Thatcherism?
As a political-economic philosophy Thatcherism was originally built upon four components: commitment to free enterprise; British nationalism; a plan to strengthen the state by improving efficiency; and a belief in traditional Victorian values especially hard work and civic responsibility.

I would say...a STRONG LEADER, with her priority straight.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds