When Do You Call This a Crisis?

03 Apr 2021 06:48 #51 by homeagain
www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/stuck-ship...ium=Email%20Sailthru

IT'S ONE BIG PICTURE.....$$$$ needs prioritizing,forward thinking usage AND close the loop holes...I have posted enough topics to show the persistent problem AND it's solution....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2021 13:01 #52 by Rick
So, it appears the idiot in chief is considering restarting the border wall because of his reckless invitation that is causing this crisis. Oh how would the moron journalists twist this one? I’m sure the AOC types will pressure him not to but they would be fighting against common sense.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2021 20:39 #53 by FredHayek
Border state Senator Ted Cruz estimates 2 million illegal immigrants this year at thie current rate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2021 07:47 #54 by Rick
The Washington Post Rips Biden Over Border Crisis, Says Failure Could Cost Democrats Big In 2022

The Washington Post slammed the Biden administration on Sunday for its handling of the ongoing immigration crisis on the U.S. southern border, pointing out that the admin has not put together a detailed plan to stifle the flood of illegal immigration.

The Post claims President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, who is leading the Biden administration’s response to the border crisis, are right to focus on the sorry state of the Central American countries that many immigrants are leaving behind. The outlet says that despite the administration’s rhetoric, however, very little concrete action has been taken.“In its apparent desperation to fashion an immigration strategy that will impose order on increasingly out-of-control migration, the Biden administration has unleashed a torrent of words and goals untethered to specific policies and timetables,”...
What is mostly missing from the sweeping rhetoric and broad-strokes analysis is an actual plan for action.”

Ya think?

www.dailywire.com/news/the-washington-po...12bPBwYqh_4J0nEBDJm4

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2021 08:02 - 12 Aug 2021 08:15 #55 by Wayne Harrison
Here's the actual Washington Post opinion in its entirety.

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/...ent-strategy-border/

My question, is the Washington Post legit now or still fake news - not to be trusted? I get so confused by the poo-pooing of Wapo only to have it thrown up as a valid source when it suits you.

Or perhaps its fake news when you don't like what they print but legit when it publishes something you agree with?

If you're wondering, I do agree that the administration's actions at the border are confusing. Hopefully they'll get it worked out in the next 3 1/2 years.

BTW: I find the 1,600 comments on the WaPo editorial thought provoking. I recommend reading the differing opinions.

12 Aug 2021 08:20 #56 by Rick
I used the post as a source because some on this site refuse to even look at a source they don't trust.

You trust the Post and you even pay for that paper. It's interesting how your first instinct is to talk about the source and not the actual topic. I don't understand that but I guess it is a good way to dilute the actual point of my post.

This border crisis is only "confusing" if you haven't been paying attention or don't understand why it happened in the first place. The point is that there is no plan other than to get as many poor dependent people into the country as possible. Democrats need more people to depend on government to survive so they can keep power forever. If Biden really wanted to stop this massive flow of illegals, drugs, and criminals, he has the tools to do it, instead of just saying "please don't come".

George Orwell

12 Aug 2021 08:52 #57 by Wayne Harrison
To be clear, you cited the Daily Wire as a source for a story about a Washington Post Editorial. You did not link to the original source with the full editorial, but used an analysis by Daily Wire to summarize the WaPo editorial. You didn't even post a direct link to the actual article that Daily Wire was expressing its option on.

Of course I questioned your tactics, as you have previously stated your mistrust of the source. I found your sudden180 turnaround interesting.

I wonder how long it will be before a Republican administration orders the removal of the Statue of Liberty (""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.") because modern Trump Republicans no longer support that premise?
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain, koobookie, Carrie

12 Aug 2021 10:00 #58 by FredHayek
Is it really a smart idea to encourage immigration during a global pandemic? New Zealand just announced their borders will remain closed until 2022. Should we accuse them of being a Trump inspired hermit republic?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2021 10:02 #59 by Freezeman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

12 Aug 2021 17:58 - 12 Aug 2021 17:59 #60 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: To be clear, you cited the Daily Wire as a source for a story about a Washington Post Editorial. You did not link to the original source with the full editorial, but used an analysis by Daily Wire to summarize the WaPo editorial. You didn't even post a direct link to the ew actual article that Daily Wire was expressing its option on.

Is that a requirement now? The last paragraph clearly credits the bolded quote to the WAPO.

If having to find a link to a source within a source is now a requirement, that's new to me. It seems like you're making a big deal out of nothing since there is nothing inaccurate in that post and sources are clearly identified.

But once again, you bypassed the point of the post and went into another diversion tactic. Boring

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds