When Do You Call This a Crisis?

20 Mar 2021 09:18 #11 by homeagain
WE HAVE BEEN BANKRUPT for a very longtime,because of mishandling/misappropriation of $$$$...again
I have addressed this issue in another thread....infrastructure projects were NOT on the list of priorities,base
housing was thrown to the curb,CYBER SECURITY was neglected....the list goes on and on....$$$ was
channeled to pet projects (THE WALL) and financial institutions,to CEO SALARIES, to donor's special interests.....how long did U think it would take before ALL this came crashing down? U (collectively) can NOT
escape responsibility.....it eventually rears it's ugly head and snarls back at U....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2021 10:26 #12 by Pony Soldier
Would completing the wall have cost money or saved money? How much do illegals cost Americans on a yearly basis? Everything is the obvious answer.

20 Mar 2021 12:46 #13 by homeagain
WITH TODAYS' construction supply problems....the cost would FAR OUTWEIGH any benefit. tunnels,
hack saws, chainsaws and ANY other means would STILL allow the masses thru...desperation drives survival. U really do need to look at the construction cost,supply chain deficit numbers that exist TODAY. The
argument U put forth is not valid...U R in R. E. so those factors should be well know to U.

20 Mar 2021 13:25 #14 by Pony Soldier
That is simply false and repeated propaganda.

20 Mar 2021 13:48 #15 by Rick

homeagain wrote: WITH TODAYS' construction supply problems....the cost would FAR OUTWEIGH any benefit. tunnels,
hack saws, chainsaws and ANY other means would STILL allow the masses thru...desperation drives survival. U really do need to look at the construction cost,supply chain deficit numbers that exist TODAY. The
argument U put forth is not valid...U R in R. E. so those factors should be well know to U.

Evidence of the masses cutting through the wall? How come we never see pictures of immigrants carrying these tools and don't see holes in the walls? BTW, chainsaws are used for wood only.

You still haven't addressed the incentives Biden has given illegals to come here.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Mar 2021 14:52 - 20 Mar 2021 15:10 #16 by homeagain
www.migrationpolicy.org/article/borders-...GEAAYAiAAEgJJbfD_BwE

I CAN post a picture of a severed piece of wall,cut thru and thru,bars eliminated for a body to pass thru.

THE COST OF BUILDING SUPPLIES has gone up dramatically....I'm plugged into the fact, because houses are going up left and right and my neighbor works at Home Depot (an ex builder)...ALSO I have spoken to the builder who has bought the parcels,defunct in my subdivision.....LUMBER,for an example,has tripled in cost,
the "just in time"supply chain has LARGE voids.back orders for parts are HUGE...my brother owns a
repair business (30 years now),,,he says ORDERING PARTS is a nightmare because of shutdowns overseas (covid)....he can get one part here and one part there,etc.when he was able to get COMPLETE
ORDERS FROM ONE COMPANY,.......sorry I am NOT gas lighting U.

www.washingtonpost.com/national/smuggler...ed29ca6ef_story.html

admitting it was a flawed plan is hard I know...BUT where there is a WILL THERE IS A WAY and the will
of immigrants is hard as steel....they WILL COME.

20 Mar 2021 17:06 #17 by Pony Soldier
There was a lot more than a wall involved in the policy. Trump made deals with other nations to hold the immigrants there while they requested asylum and were processed. Only about 6% actually qualified but now all of them are streaming across the border and not being held in other countries. Biden has destroyed a perfectly good system and overwhelmed what was left. You can dodge a weave and try to blame Trump all you want but this crisis falls squarely on Biden.

21 Mar 2021 09:38 #18 by homeagain
www.npr.org/2019/07/13/740009105/how-mex...to-meet-trumps-terms

WHEN U read thru the entire article U see that the agreement was nebulous and NON specific and the ultimate solution was not as effective as required.

21 Mar 2021 11:01 #19 by FredHayek
If President Biden really wanted to shut down illegal immigration, he would go after employers who hire undocumented aliens.
If they learn there are no jobs for them here, they will stay home or apply for legal work permits.

I am all for increased legal immigration and increased work permits. But it has to be above board. The current situation lets unethical companies take advantage of the undocumented.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Mar 2021 12:50 #20 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: If President Biden really wanted to shut down illegal immigration, he would go after employers who hire undocumented aliens.
If they learn there are no jobs for them here, they will stay home or apply for legal work permits.

That's not what would stop these people, especially the unaccompanied minors. These people know what Biden promised and they believe they will be taken care of once they get here. They will get their medical needs met and they will be housed and fed... why is that so hard to understand? I don't blame anyone from these countries for fleeing to this country, but Biden should have never them that if the come we will take care of them. We have too many millions of people out of work and vets who need help... this bankrupt administration is dead set on destroying this country and is only interested in holding power and increasing the numbers of dependent people who will likely vote for Democrats.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds