'Good Guy With A Gun' stories

05 May 2021 17:33 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Post your "Good guy with a gun" stories in this thread. I'll start.

Woman angry about food packaging pulled out gun at restaurant

She loaded the gun, telling the employees she wasn't concerned about going to jail or who she shot, police said. The woman denied the accusations when police arrived.

Surveillance footage captured the entire incident and corroborated the reports of the restaurant workers

www.nwitimes.com/news/local/crime-and-co...a4-6036df313f1c.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2021 07:28 #2 by homeagain
There R so many,it is hard to pick one....the populace is "losing it",abhorrent behavior is the norm,and
has become so common place..it is NON news. Airplane travel is the worst I think..."OH I FORGOT"
when they confiscate a gun,knife,LIVE EXOTIC ANIMALS in plastic containers,fighting with the flight
attendants,drunk and belligerent,refusing to wear masks...it is a reflection of just how low our society has
slid.....into the gutter.

07 May 2021 07:10 - 07 May 2021 07:53 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 'Good Guy With A Gun' stories
I'm always interested in the intent of a post... what is the point a poster is trying to make. My guess is that Wayne is trying to say that there is no need for anyone to carry a weapon, but if they do, they usually misuse it. Am I close?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2021 08:33 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Nope.

07 May 2021 08:38 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Arkansas mom pulls gun in grade school carpool lane

A truck-driving Arkansas mother is accused of cutting off other parents in an elementary grade school carpool lane, then pointing a gun at one man and his son and seemingly warning, “Next time.”

www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-arkans...jtia2joce-story.html

07 May 2021 09:42 #6 by homeagain
AND NOW...we have Texas passing a law that gun owner does NOT need a permit.

www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/politics/permitle...uns-texas/index.html

The lawless west has become a contemporary phrase

07 May 2021 09:51 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I'm always interested in the intent of a post... what is the point a poster is trying to make. My guess is that Wayne is trying to say that there is no need for anyone to carry a weapon, but if they do, they usually misuse it. Am I close?

MY question to U.....HOW MANY GUN OWNERS r out practicing on a regular basis? R they proficient
and respectful of range rules.....thru PERSONAL experience, Buffalo Gun Club near Bailey has had a
problem with idiots who do not know gun etiquette and it is an on going problem.

There is a decided difference in owning a gun and KNOWING the power it holds...it's called RESPECTFUL
REFLECTION.

07 May 2021 12:01 #8 by ramage
HA, your personal experience?
Are you a member of the Buffalo Creek Gun Club (correct name)?
I am and have been for 15 years. I have yet to see " idiots who do not know gun etiquette" at the Camp Fickes Shooting Range.

Also, if you feel that " it is an on going problem." I would ask you to attend one of our monthly Zoom meetings, (in person meetings will be begin when allowed by Jeffco) and air your experiences. In that range officers have not raised the issue I am sure your instances with corroboration will be appreciated.

For those unfamiliar with the BCGC, I would refer you to:

www.bcgc.com

07 May 2021 12:02 #9 by ramage
HA, your personal experience?
Are you a member of the Buffalo Creek Gun Club (correct name)?
I am and have been for 15 years. I have yet to see " idiots who do not know gun etiquette" at the Camp Fickes Shooting Range.

Also, if you feel that " it is an on going problem." I would ask you to attend one of our monthly Zoom meetings, (in person meetings will be begin when allowed by Jeffco) and air your experiences. In that range officers have not raised the issue I am sure your instances with corroboration will be appreciated.

For those unfamiliar with the BCGC, I would refer you to:

www.bcgc.com

07 May 2021 12:52 #10 by homeagain
MY SPOUSE was in the club...prior to our move. He and our next door neighbor (Frank Mckeon,perhaps U
know him)were up there most weekdays,as "rangers"(I forgot the exact title). They helped re construction of
the range, mitigation,supervising and general club membership duties.....there were BUCKETS PROVIDED FOR SPENT SHELLS....which were ignored and clean up for "brass" was common. As I recall there
were several ranges used for several DIFFERENT PURPOSES...my husband and Frank were FOREVER
collecting the spent brass just laying on the ground...Ranges were being used inappropriately and
gun etiquette NOT being observed....NOW,PERHAPS that has changed, I doubt it...because the
range at Harris park was being abused also.....HAS THAT CHANGED?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds