'Good Guy With A Gun' stories

19 Jun 2021 07:30 #71 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Don't need to "google" anything. Answer this simple question "was Ashlli Babbitt" unarmed?
I suspect you won't, rather you will deflect.

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you think. The fact is she was breaking into a Federal building along with a mob of thousands. The situation has been investigated and the officer was found to have acted appropriately. You trying to make her into a martyr is dishonest.

Look up the investigation. I suspect you won't, since you have your own false conclusions that would be negated by the truth. Another example of willful ignorance here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2021 19:23 - 23 Jun 2021 19:28 #72 by Wayne Harrison
Well, it has happened, if Denver7's Tony Kovaleski's sources on the Arvada shooting are correct..

A bad guy with a gun shot a cop and got into a gunfight with a good guy with a gun in the middle of Old Town. The good guy with the gun was also shot. All three died of their wounds.

According to the report linked below, the good guy with a gun was shot by Arvada Police. Arvada Police have not confirmed the story. Also, Arvada Police don't currently wear body cameras, but the department has started the process to implement their use by 2023 in accordance with a new state law passed last year.

www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news...according-to-sources

www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news...-in-olde-town-arvada

24 Jun 2021 13:58 #73 by FredHayek
No good deed goes unpunished?
The Good Samaritan heard the shots, rushed out of the Arvada Army Navy Surplus store. Saw the shooter with a shot policeman. He took down the shooter, but it appears that he was later shot by an Arvada officer responding to the shooting. Irony? If the concealed carry holder had done nothing, it might have wound up that the responding police officer would have been shot too. Or the shooter might have started shooting other innocents.

Interesting factoid, this was the first time an Arvada police officer had been killed by gunfire in the line of duty. Arvada was founded in the 1870's I think.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jun 2021 20:58 #74 by Wayne Harrison
If only ANOTHER good guy with a gun had seen the two civilians shooting at each other and joined in. Then the arriving cops could've shot the third civilian, thinking he was the bad guy.

Oh well. It's bound to happen one of these days.

25 Jun 2021 22:17 #75 by Wayne Harrison
And today Arvada Police finally admitted one of their officers shot and killed the good guy with the gun.

I wonder why they haven't released the name of the officer?

26 Jun 2021 09:30 #76 by FredHayek
Bad call by the Good Samaritan, he actually picked up the rifle of the cop killer. Why haven't the Arvada Police revealed the name of the officer? Probably to protect him from harassment. More video footage is coming out so I doubt they will be able to keep his/her name out of the news for long.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2021 10:30 #77 by Wayne Harrison
The Good Samaritan could have easily been mistaken for the gunman by another trigger-happy good guy with a gun who came upon the incident before cops arrived. I'm sorry he made the mistake of having any guns in his hands when police rolled up, already knowing one of their own had been shot.

I will be interested to learn why the cop fired on the GGWTG.

09 Jul 2021 18:00 #78 by ramage
Louisiana boy, 12, shoots and kills armed burglar with hunting rifle after the intruder broke into his home and attacked his mother
Brad LeBlanc, 32, was killed with hunting rifle blast after officials say he carried out a home invasion on June 30
LeBlanc allegedly attacked homeowner, and her 12-year-old son grabbed the firearm and shot the intruder because he feared for his mother's life

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9770529...reatened-mother.html

09 Jul 2021 19:37 - 09 Jul 2021 19:41 #79 by Thumper100
https://kdvr.com/news/local/man-opens-fire-on-rtd-bus-on-east-colfax-avenue/

If this were Texas everyone on board could have opened up on the shooter. That would have been one heck of a bloodbath.

09 Jul 2021 21:49 #80 by Wayne Harrison
During an argument over fireworks, a 27-year-old Missouri man pulled out a handgun and began firing at a group of people, hitting three of them, ages 40, 29 and 9.

www.kmov.com/news/27-year-old-charged-af...75-bf1a32d34148.html

Twi suspects were arrested after they allegedly pulled a gun on a McDonald’s manager during an argument over salt on their fries, in Houston.

Davion Guillory and Treykia Cohen are charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Constable Mark Herman says surveillance video shows the suspects displaying the gun while arguing with the manager at the drive-thru window.

Texans can carry handguns openly or concealed in public, most state government buildings and businesses that do not prohibit them. The state already does not require a license to openly carry a long gun, and the open carry of handguns with a permit has been legal since 2016.

www.khou.com/article/news/crime/suspects...1c-9584-4beafc38cfa6

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds