'Good Guy With A Gun' stories

09 May 2021 06:35 #11 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: There R so many,it is hard to pick one....the populace is "losing it",abhorrent behavior is the norm,and
has become so common place..it is NON news. Airplane travel is the worst I think..."OH I FORGOT"
when they confiscate a gun,knife
,LIVE EXOTIC ANIMALS in plastic containers,fighting with the flight
attendants,drunk and belligerent,refusing to wear masks...it is a reflection of just how low our society has
slid.....into the gutter.

thehill.com/policy/transportation/tsa/55...firearms-at-airports

We have a whole lot of liars,who think the phrase " I didn't know,I forgot" is an adequate answer....PLEASE
U R stupid and probably should be banned from flying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2021 09:31 #12 by Wayne Harrison
Man admits to pulling gun during traffic incident

Deputies say the suspect told them he pulled out his gun after the victims crossed an intersection where he said people regularly disregard a stop sign. He denied pointing the firearm at the victims, the report states.

www.foxcarolina.com/news/deputies-man-ad...6b-bb52b6242c85.html

Investigators say man pulled gun over loud noise at a home next door

While a family celebrated a birthday, Dorta got into an argument with them, and investigators say it led to him going home to get his gun.

According to the arrest report, Dorta pointed a loaded gun at a victim’s chest.

www.winknews.com/2021/04/30/investigator...oud-noise-at-a-home/

09 May 2021 16:09 #13 by Wayne Harrison
Another birthday party, another gun...

Colorado Springs mass shooting leaves 7 dead, including suspect, at birthday party

It was the worst mass shooting in Colorado since... <checks notes> March 22.

gazette.com/news/local/colorado-springs-...e5-9f195dc56ec0.html

10 May 2021 07:49 #14 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/us/us-weekend-mass-shootings/index .:

NINE,count them,NINE shootings just this weekend....truly our species is in mental trouble...:drool:

11 May 2021 08:01 #15 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 'Good Guy With A Gun' stories

Wayne Harrison wrote: Nope.

Oh, I see, so you'll be putting up stories about 'good guys' who used their guns to prevent a crime or an assault? I figured your point was to just post stories about people misusing guns so that you could attempt to make a point about nobody needing to carry a gun. Kinda seems like that's what you've done so far so I believe my first assumption was pretty accurate.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 May 2021 09:14 #16 by Wayne Harrison
No, your assumption is not "pretty accurate." Not even close.

I'm looking for for the "good guy with a gun" story, which seems to be somewhat of a unicorn.

So far, in all the contemporary shootings I've posted, there hasn't been a "good guy with a gun" among the group being shot or in any group that was near the shootings.

I'm sure there are probably some good guys with guns out there, but they don't seem to be very prevalent. Like unicorns.

11 May 2021 09:19 #17 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: Nope.

Oh, I see, so you'll be putting up stories about 'good guys' who used their guns to prevent a crime or an assault? I figured your point was to just post stories about people misusing guns so that you could attempt to make a point about nobody needing to carry a gun. Kinda seems like that's what you've done so far so I believe my first assumption was pretty accurate.

GEE RICK....seems U initiated the statement,why don't U counter with stories that do EXACTLY what
the bolded states.....it appears they r few and far between...U could correct that misconception, MAYBE?

11 May 2021 09:39 #18 by Wayne Harrison
The first sentence of my first post in this thread...

Wayne Harrison wrote: Post your "Good guy with a gun" stories in this thread.

It wasn't that hard to figure out.

Longmont police look for man accused of pulling gun in bar bathroom

Police are searching for a suspect who allegedly entered a woman's restroom at a Longmont bar and pulled a handgun on several people.

Longmont police said the suspect pulled a handgun on three people in the women's restroom at 3’s Bar, located 333 Main St. in Longmont, around 1:06 a.m. on April 4.

He left through a backdoor, police said.

www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/poli...ople-at-longmont-bar

Questions: If you can legally carry concealed in Colorado, is it still valid in a bar if you're been drinking? If a so-called "good guy with a gun" had been in the bar and aware of what was going on, could they legally shoot him for threatening customers with a gun?

11 May 2021 09:56 - 11 May 2021 09:58 #19 by Freezeman
Good person with a gun story is as common as finding a good news story.
Did you read about how secret service stopped the President from being killed? Ya I missed that story too.

11 May 2021 10:29 #20 by ramage
Wayne,
I know you must understand that the right to carry a firearm is for personal protection, not to serve as a law enforcement office.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds