'Good Guy With A Gun' stories

10 Jul 2021 06:49 #81 by homeagain
AH YES, The state that believes IT should succeed from the other 49 states.....wouldn't that
be wondrous:coolwink: ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2021 08:05 #82 by ramage
Hunter Biden deserves his own thread, but as has been pointed out he is a "private citizen." Therefore I will put this citation in the Good Guys with Guns thread.

www.westernjournal.com/report-hunter-bid...ver-trusted-firearm/

Report: Hunter Biden Lied on ATF Background Check Form in a Major Way, Should Have Never Been Trusted with a Firearm

"

Hunter responded ‘no’ to a question on the transaction record that asks, ‘Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?'” Politico reported.

“Five years earlier, he had been discharged from the Navy Reserve after testing positive for cocaine, and he and family members have spoken about his history of drug use.”

"In addition, the report said Secret Service agents attempted to seize the paperwork on the sale of the firearm from the store owner, Ron Palmieri. He refused because he suspected that they may be trying to hide Hunter’s ownership of the gun, Politico reported, citing two sources, “one of whom has firsthand knowledge of the episode and the other was briefed by a Secret Service agent after the fact.”

I am a private citizen, I wonder why the Secret Service never tried to seize the records of my gun purchase?

10 Jul 2021 10:15 #83 by Wayne Harrison
It was the Trump Secret Service. What do you expect? If they had something on him, he would have been charged. He wasn't.

Or, are you trying to say if it was a drug user five years earlier, he's still a drug user, even if he's clean and sober now??

10 Jul 2021 22:41 #84 by Wayne Harrison
Here's a 'Maid Without A Gun' story...

A potential mass shooting at the upcoming MLB All-Star Game was thwarted when a maid found weapons in a hotel room near Coors Field. 16 long guns, 1000+ rounds of ammo, and body armor were found. 4 arrested, averting a possible 'Las Vegas style' mass shooting.

www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/four...during-all-star-game

11 Jul 2021 09:52 #85 by ramage
The "hotel" must have hired the security team from Las Vegas.
Sir, would you like assistance carrying your 16 long gun cases and the 30 pounds of ammunition to your room?"

11 Jul 2021 09:59 #86 by FredHayek
I read a TV news channel version of the hotel story and they were trying to downplay the idea that it was a planned attack on the All-Star game festivities. I hope we find out more than we ever did in the Las Vegas shooting.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jul 2021 07:19 #87 by Wayne Harrison
Perhaps they were just normal ammosexuals and couldn't bear to be apart from their guns during the trip. Or perhaps they were planning to attend a nearby gun show. I'm just glad another mass shooting didn't happen again in Colorado.

12 Jul 2021 09:00 #88 by ramage
Regarding Hunter's drug use, the following is from his book:
In the spring of 2018, he used his "superpower – finding crack anytime, anywhere" – in Los Angeles. At one point, a dealer pointed a gun at his head before he realized Biden was looking for drugs.

He later learned how to cook drugs and spent a lot of time with thieves, addicts and con artists. "I never slept. There was no clock. Day bled into night and night into day," he writes.

The situation grew out of control. "I was smoking crack every 15 minutes," he writes.
www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/boo...ddiction/4826035001/
Clean and sober for 5 years?
By the way the form does not ask if you are a current drug user, rather have you used drugs.

So it is Trump's Secret Service, I suppose that it was Trump's FBI that spread the "dossier" Is a course in "Spin" a journalist's requirement?

Biden's FBI now tells us that it was about a drug deal not a mass attack.Using Wayne's logic if they had something about an attack they would have charged the suspects.

12 Jul 2021 10:35 - 12 Jul 2021 10:36 #89 by Wayne Harrison

ramage wrote: By the way the form does not ask if you are a current drug user, rather have you used drugs.

<SNIP>

Using Wayne's logic if they had something about an attack they would have charged the suspects.

I haven't seen the form. I was just going by your description of the question:

Hunter responded ‘no’ to a question on the transaction record that asks, ‘Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?'” Politico reported.

You seem to use a lot of "by (so-and-so's) logic... blah blah blah"

This is intellectually dishonest because it reaches conclusions about other people that may not be accurate. Just argue what they say, don't attribute arguments you pulled out of thin air.

Thank you.

P.S. Hunter Biden should be in its own discussion

12 Jul 2021 11:30 #90 by ramage
Nonsense!

You called the Secret Service, Trump's Secret Service, in that the incident happened during his Presidency. I pointed out that the "attack" was not such rather a drug deal. This was information from the FBI, under the Biden Administration.
I am using your spin to describe them as Biden's FBI.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds