Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

17 Jun 2021 09:48 #11 by FredHayek
Exactly. It isn't an all or nothing thing. Minefields and barbed wire in war aren't intended to prevent the enemy from crossing the field, they are intended to slow them down so you have more time to respond to their attack, or to funnel them into an area that they can more easily be taken care of. You only have so many border guards, so the wall is used to push them into a zone where they can be arrested and deported more easily.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2021 09:52 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

FredHayek wrote: Exactly. It isn't an all or nothing thing. Minefields and barbed wire in war aren't intended to prevent the enemy from crossing the field, they are intended to slow them down so you have more time to respond to their attack, or to funnel them into an area that they can more easily be taken care of. You only have so many border guards, so the wall is used to push them into a zone where they can be arrested and deported more easily.

This is why stores only have one door in and one door out. If stores had multiple doors to go in and out all around the building, that store would be robbed blind within a week and would have to close. COMMON SENSE, unfortunately not very common when it comes to this subject on the left.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jun 2021 17:16 - 17 Jun 2021 17:18 #13 by Wayne Harrison
I'm not a security expert but, is it possible someone can enter through the open "out door" as someone inside is going out? (I've done that accidentally at Home Depot).

Perhaps it was because I am a "lefty."

17 Jun 2021 20:16 #14 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

Wayne Harrison wrote: I'm not a security expert but, is it possible someone can enter through the open "out door" as someone inside is going out? (I've done that accidentally at Home Depot).

Perhaps it was because I am a "lefty."

Obviously, but that's not the point I'm making. You don't really have to be a security expert to know that less openings into a building means you can secure those entries and exits with far less people. Imagine if the border wall was completely removed tomorrow... would it be more difficult, less difficult, or make no difference to the people who are in charge of securing our border?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Jun 2021 07:07 #15 by Wayne Harrison
I don't waste my time imagining scenarios that will never happen. I've got better things to do with my life.

But, can you prove separate entrances and exit doors, as you posited, make the building more secure? Are you advocating for separate entrance and exits at the U.S/Mexico border? If you aren't, then why bring it up in a discussion of border security?

18 Jun 2021 08:51 #16 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: I don't waste my time imagining scenarios that will never happen. I've got better things to do with my life.

But, can you prove separate entrances and exit doors, as you posited, make the building more secure? Are you advocating for separate entrance and exits at the U.S/Mexico border? If you aren't, then why bring it up in a discussion of border security?

As a metaphor? I wasn't advocating for border minefields when I discussed them earlier in this thread.

18 Jun 2021 09:27 #17 by homeagain
A shotgun and a warning should take care of ANY problem....specifically if U have a guard dog,trained
to defend.

18 Jun 2021 09:55 #18 by Wayne Harrison
A majority of Americans don't even want Trump's "wall" (fence). Landowners along the border don't want the wall, either. Pragmatically, where are you going to put the "wall" along the Rio Grande River and many reservoirs it forms? Are you going to cut off landowners on the U.S. side from the river and reservoirs? You certainly can't build the "wall" on the Mexico side.

18 Jun 2021 10:02 #19 by homeagain
OH BUT, it was going to be a big,beautiful wall....painted black,I believe was the preferred color,said Trump

18 Jun 2021 12:54 #20 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: A shotgun and a warning should take care of ANY problem....specifically if U have a guard dog,trained
to defend.

LOL, quoting Biden? I don't think shotguns are that useful against Mexican drug cartels who were financed and armed by the ATF'S Fast & Furious program. If you want a good example of border life, watch "Sicario".

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds