Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

20 Jun 2021 08:36 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Before I give up on this one I'd just like you to answer two questions Wayne.

#1. Do you believe the United States should have control of it's borders and know who is trying to cross illegally?

#2. If you do believe the US should have control over it's borders, how would you suggest that happen in the most effective and efficient way possible?

[/b]

BORDERS...PLURAL, I ANSWERED THE QUESTION FROM A PLURAL PERSPECTIVE.

I must have missed it. How does your "plural perspective" enforce illegal border crossings?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2021 10:02 #32 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: PASSPORTS.....like every other country. CHECKPOINTS AND ENOUGH $$$ to man those checkpoints.
(yes,we have a large area to secure, but it is at the VERY LEAST a start.

I do not have the magic potion to provide a solid solution,just LIKE EVERYTHING else,there is NO TOTAL
SECURITY.

20 Jun 2021 18:32 #33 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: PASSPORTS.....like every other country. CHECKPOINTS AND ENOUGH $$$ to man those checkpoints.
(yes,we have a large area to secure, but it is at the VERY LEAST a start.

I do not have the magic potion to provide a solid solution,just LIKE EVERYTHING else,there is NO TOTAL
SECURITY.

I am not aware of anyone asking for total security.

Back in the day, I recall you arguing that walls do not work totally. Now you advocate checkpoints. Is it not obvious that to have check points you have to have barriers between them. Do you see the contradiction and if so how do you reconcile the two?

20 Jun 2021 18:50 #34 by homeagain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bord...interior_checkpoints

I believe there is one between San Diego and L.A.,As I stated before ....I do NOT have the magic wand
to make these points a success,it comes down to this...RIGHTS AND FREEDOM OR SECURITY
We learned that AFTER a space in time (9/11) there is NO SECURITY,but,we opted for it and found
our rights eroded.

THROWING MONEY at a wall is a wasted effort.JMO

20 Jun 2021 19:54 #35 by Blazer Bob
OK, I get it now.

21 Jun 2021 09:00 #36 by FredHayek
Perception is reality? I read yesterday that President Trump finished less than one hundred new miles of border fence. But illegals were discouraged from crossing over because of his administration. So sometimes it isn't what you do, but the words that you say.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2021 11:07 - 21 Jun 2021 11:09 #37 by Wayne Harrison
Did you know that 1,279 miles of the 1,954-mile border with Mexico are unfenced?

Did you know that the longest contiguous unfenced stretch of border — more than 600 miles total — is in Texas. There's no major city there on either side of the border.

www.usatoday.com/border-wall/us-mexico-interactive-border-map/
Attachments:

21 Jun 2021 11:35 #38 by homeagain
OH, I see that part of the scenario has been conveniently ignored, THE WALL was a massive money pit,
and yet,it was "the answer" to the aliens arrival.....what a circular cluster f----.

21 Jun 2021 11:37 #39 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote: OK, I get it now.

LOL, that makes one of us.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jun 2021 11:44 #40 by Rick

homeagain wrote: OH, I see that part of the scenario has been conveniently ignored, THE WALL was a massive money pit,
and yet,it was "the answer" to the aliens arrival.....what a circular cluster f----.

I think if you were to calculate the cost of the 2 million illegals that will come into our country this year, the cost of the wall would look tiny. People need housing, food, health care, education, etc.... unless you think all these poor people will get jobs before the 9 million Americans who are currently unemployed. Have you seen anyone on your side talking about those costs?

You keep saying you don't have the answers to this border crisis, so I'm assuming you don't think anyone else has the answers either. So that said, why are we wasting any time trying to slow it down... why not just build a bridge across the Rio Grande and have a fleet of busses ready to save these people?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds