Wall $$$$ will be reallocated

21 Jun 2021 12:33 #41 by homeagain
HERE'S how I see it,we NEED immigrants...THEY will do the work that no one else wants to do...case in point...I have a house going up on the adjunct parcel.... the stucco crew is out there in 99 degrees,NO SHADE and working the stucco....there is NOT ONE white person on the crew. The WHITE BUILDER
did not provide them with a Port-a-potty or a roll off...he subbed it out and the sub is NOT caring for his crew.

WHEN u come from nothing and have nothing....U work what job u can get. I HAVE another example,we
hired our neighbor's ranch hand (been his hand for decades)....he worked his ass off, I made him take a break and made sure he had water for hydration,he got the job done in record time,and did an outstanding
job. We payed him FAR MORE than what he quoted..THEN a couple of months later,we decided to extend
the fence job...hired a WHITE HANDYMAN, he underbid the job, much to his chagrin and was a "just
enough,lots of breaks" worker.....NOT USE TO BUSTING HIS ASS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2021 14:33 #42 by ramage
Where there any black Americans on the labor crew?
Did the homeowner ask if the crew was legal or did he go with the lowest bid?

When you say: he underbid the job, did you accept that lowball quote without asking him why? Or did you go with the lowest bid?

21 Jun 2021 15:09 #43 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Wall $$$$ will be reallocated
HA, your anecdotal story isn't exactly proof that millions of illegals will come into this country and take care of themselves. Many do, many become criminals if not already, and many will not find work. We have 7 million unemployed right now with 9 million job openings. First we have to try and get our people back to work, the citizens who are getting benefits. Once we get our own house in order, then we should look to LEGAL immigrants who went through proper channels. Obviously we then have millions of illegals we need to deal with, but they should not be the first priority, unless you disagree, in which case I'd love to listen to your reasoning.

BTW, my next door neighbor has a large roofing company and I've worked with him on a job when I was between businesses. He did have a few guys that looked Hispanic but the majority were white guys who had no problem working on the hot roof we were on. I find it interesting but not surprising that you felt you had to capitalize "WHITE HANDYMAN". His skills and or character may not have been to your standards but to connect that to his skin color is, well, you know the word.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jun 2021 15:37 #44 by homeagain
www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-pandemic-chan...ty-job-george-anders

People R RE PRIORITIZING their jobs and job hopping/quitting.....do the research. The 12months of
working fro home and having time to THINK has altered the job search/scenario. The importance of
things have been re-arranged....people r thinking out side of the box and want a different life experience.

So, when U state "we have to put OUR people to work first".....THAT means different things to different people,(in the present day)

21 Jun 2021 15:47 - 21 Jun 2021 15:54 #45 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Where there any black Americans on the labor crew?
Did the homeowner ask if the crew was legal or did he go with the lowest bid?

When you say: he underbid the job, did you accept that lowball quote without asking him why? Or did you go with the lowest bid?

THIS was an Hispanic crew. The person having the builder do the work is 91 years old,he comes from the
generation of "my handshake is my word"....NO ONE is actually overseeing the builder and he is WAY
BEHIND SCHEDULE and has made adjustments to the original contractual quoted price of the house.
My neighbor (rancher 91 y.o.) is clueless. It is a clusterf----.

The WHITE handyman was shown the job,understood the perimeters/request and HE QUOTED THE
PRICE HIMSELF. We asked,he quoted by the job. SO-O-O,no low balling on our behalf...we r respectful
in our dealings...(FYI)

TO RICK.....my point was, the majority of AMERICANS,who r NOT ethnic, find HARD, PHYSICAL BACK
BREAKING LABOR unappealing....that is why immigrants (who,by the way,MADE this country) r vital.
THEY come from nothing and are thankful for the work.

21 Jun 2021 16:13 #46 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2021/06/0...may/?sh=78eed16b6f84

here is some good news that's come out of the Covid-19 outbreak. Companies get that they need to take care of their employees. Pay is important, but so is a supportive, empathetic atmosphere. Workers are demanding their employers to help with childcare and mental health matters. Remote work has been considered a great success and a large percentage of people want to keep this going. Studies show that a large percentage of the workforce would rather quit their jobs than return to an office every day.

Smart forward-thinking companies, such as Google, have been offering hybrid and remote options to their employees. In addition, the tech giant has created wonderful in-office experiences. This includes an array of amenities, attractive campuses and rooms with large video screens to ensure that remote workers don’t feel left out. Some companies, such as Twitter and Spotify, are allowing their staff to work from home indefinitely. Reddit, the online community platform, said it’ll pay people who move from San Francisco to lower cost places the same level of compensation.

21 Jun 2021 16:33 #47 by FredHayek
Caesar Chavez was against illegal immigration. If we closed up the border, American citizens would be paid more for blue collar jobs. Instead, employers can take advantage of illegal aliens. Even not pay them, because the illegals are too scared to call the police on them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2021 21:00 #48 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Smart forward-thinking companies, such as Google, have been offering hybrid and remote options to their employees. In addition, the tech giant has created wonderful in-office experiences. This includes an array of amenities, attractive campuses and rooms with large video screens to ensure that remote workers don’t feel left out.

Ah yes, the most powerful company in the entire world can definitely provide whatever it wants to keep and hire employees. They could pay all their employees $100 an hour and give everyone a free car.

It's the small companies who can't compete and are getting hit harder by the government's idiotic handouts. Yes, lets praise the companies that have all the power and can actually influence elections. What ever happened to wanting policies that help the smaller businesses that don't have monopolies and are partially enriched by our enemies? LOL, "forward thinking"

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jun 2021 09:12 #49 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Smart forward-thinking companies, such as Google, have been offering hybrid and remote options to their employees. In addition, the tech giant has created wonderful in-office experiences. This includes an array of amenities, attractive campuses and rooms with large video screens to ensure that remote workers don’t feel left out.

Ah yes, the most powerful company in the entire world can definitely provide whatever it wants to keep and hire employees. They could pay all their employees $100 an hour and give everyone a free car.

It's the small companies who can't compete and are getting hit harder by the government's idiotic handouts.
Yes, lets praise the companies that have all the power and can actually influence elections. What ever happened to wanting policies that help the smaller businesses that don't have monopolies and are partially enriched by our enemies? LOL, "forward thinking"

My brother has a small business in Fairbanks,repairing snow machines,ATV.Motorcycles...in business
for approx 3 decades...his motto, treat your employees WELL,PAY THEM OVER INDUSTRY STANDARDS and then hopefully there is some loyalty.....he is finding out *in recent times,THAT motto
is not working....he has been screwed over most recently, by one of his long term employees,it has
happened several times and THIS time she quit on him,after taking a vacation during THE MOST
busiest time. Has cost him about 80,000 just this time alone....he is NOW working full time 6 days a week
10or 12 hours a day,when he WAS SEMI RETIRED....THAT is the mentality of the work force.

22 Jun 2021 09:44 #50 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
My brother has a small business in Fairbanks,repairing snow machines,ATV.Motorcycles...in business
for approx 3 decades...his motto, treat your employees WELL,PAY THEM OVER INDUSTRY STANDARDS and then hopefully there is some loyalty.....he is finding out *in recent times,THAT motto
is not working....he has been screwed over most recently, by one of his long term employees,it has
happened several times and THIS time she quit on him,after taking a vacation during THE MOST
busiest time. Has cost him about 80,000 just this time alone....he is NOW working full time 6 days a week
10or 12 hours a day,when he WAS SEMI RETIRED....THAT is the mentality of the work force.;/b]

Once again I'm confused about the point you're trying to make. Are you trying to make a broad brush statement about the small business work force, the entire work force, or just certain types of people in the work force?

I'm curious how you've used your brother's experience to make an argument about the mentality of "the work force". Are the workers at Google just better employees? I'm not sure how your example ties into what we were just talking about.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds